Baby back ribs??

Any recipe works & tastes great if cooked on a Big Green Egg. I use the 2-2-1-1 method. Smoke with lump coal and apple wood chunks at 250deg 2 hours, continue another 2 hours with foil wrapped around them, and uncovered for another hour or until 1/2" bone showing. Misting every hour with a 50/50 mix of apple juice / apple cider vinegar. Cut and refrigerate overnight. Then cook 1 hour wrapped at 300deg and serve. Oh yeah baby... 1 more hour for these....

image_zpseb2e8a34.jpg

I use the Backwoods Party

http://www.backwoods-smoker.com/our-cookers/party/

I have heard great things about the Green Egg, but after my due diligence decided to go with the Party for more room.

I used to wrap my ribs and also used to put some brown sugar, honey and apple juice in the wrap. I have since given that practice up and just straight up cook my ribs for 3 1/2 to 4 hours depending on size at 225 degrees and that is it. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference and it is much less work.

The thing I love about the Backwoods Party is that it can hold the temperature at 225 degrees and I can get a 10 hour burn on 10 pounds of charcoal.

One other trick I learned for having ribs whenever I want them is to vacuum seal them right after you take them off of the smoker, freeze them and then when you pull them out just throw them in a boiling pot of water for about ten minutes with the bag sealed. You would think they just came off of the smoker. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived