Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

I did too. only one 1602w but it would be AWSOME to get it free. I think I would just double my order : )

I was reflecting this weekend on if I got my order for free. If I did, I would almost rather just get twice as much stuff! There is always extension cords though....

I tried too. Why not? I don't physically NEED them until Thanksgiving. Ordered 5 controllers and wish I had money for more, soo if I got this order for free, I probably wouldn't double my order, just add a couple.

Guest Lightzilla

I tried too. 3 wireless linkers and 1 PC controller (because I am a poor Canadian) and this stuff I am trying for free is for my neighbours house 2 doors down........so now there well be 2 houses I am going to be running.

I wonder how many controllers Lindsay lights have?

Guest Lightzilla

3 wireless, couple controller boards and a booster. I'm wondering if orders where smaller this year for everyone?

Perhaps the orders for the most part were small.

This one thing I know the February sale was a bit better than this sale and I think I p/u 1 complete PC controller and 3 PC controllers with HD heat sinks in the Feb. sale. The PC boards with HD heat sinks were $115.00.....this sale you need to pay $126.00 for the same thing.

I say I have 12 controllers but I should actual put them together and see if that is correct.....there maybe more.....I hope not less.

I waited until the last minute to order, but sure did the TryForFree. What's to lose? Wanted to try the Color Ribbon, but passed for now. I'll be interested in getting everyone's feedback on that item.

I have made two separate controller purchases from people selling theirs this year.

I did the TryForFree on one CCR. Guess I need to figure out what I want to do with it.:confused:

Plus I had to buy something with the $50 gift cert. I got.:D

Hey if I get my order free does that mean I will still have a $50 gift cert. to use? :)

Me to!!!!!!!

I plead the 5th (my wife might be watching;):P:giggle:).

I did TryForFree with one controller. It came in yesterday! I ordered it within the 1st 2 hours of the sale. If I won I would order another.

I entered the try for free also. I figured whats the difference, I dont turn on my lights until thanksgiving. But even if I won my full order would not be covered. My order was around $3600.00 and it included 18ctb kits, cat 5 cables, and a fm transmitter. I now have 432 channels.:121_reindeer::santasmileyitty:

I entered as well, but, if I win, I have every intention of just reinvesting for more channels, as 192 channels would certainly be better than 128!

(OK, those of you who are trying to figure out how those add up as 128 times 2 is obviously not 196... I had 64 channels, ordered 64 more, and thus would then just buy an additional 64 if I won.)

I entered the try for free also. I figured whats the difference, I dont turn on my lights until thanksgiving. But even if I won my full order would not be covered. My order was around $3600.00 and it included 18ctb kits, cat 5 cables, and a fm transmitter. I now have 432 channels.:121_reindeer::santasmileyitty:

Maybe you should have placed more than one order.;)

Then you would even have more chances to win.:)

I did not win last year, but I placed my order on the 17th for 10 of CTB16KD with High Power heat sink. I hope I win this time :D with the TryForFree, because it will take some time to put 10 controllers together.!! :121_reindeer:

I ordered 32 more channels. I could really use the win. That was a good point about doing it in two separate orders. Drat! I could really use two wireless linkers if I win.

Greg

I got my 32 channels today, I ordered with the first 2 minutes of the site being up.

so does that mean you won part of the contest?

I also did the Try For Free, but it seems my order was one of the more expensive here on the thread i was over 12k.

-Will

The suspense is killing me. How many channels does $12K get you? :giggle: