EDM LCD RDS transmitter info and poll

For thode interested in an EDM RDS transmitter, specify your preference  

50 members have voted

1. 1. For thode interested in an EDM RDS transmitter, specify your preference

• Interested in transmitter at full retail price with no group buy hassles or delays
    • Would like to buy the transmitter in a group buy at 10% off plus regular shipping costs
    • Would like to use the EDM one-time PCB upgrade option and can do the case mod and RDS chip on my own
    • Am happy staying with what I have.

I was wondering the same thing... I send a PM 2 days ago to the person who started this post but have not heard back from him.

Likewise X 2. Though he did respond back to a PM on an unrelated topic last week.

In this thread he responded 9/10 that he hoped to get it up and running in the next week or 2. But sounds like he has been pretty busy, so I am worried it isn't going to happen. Anybody know what it amounts to to set up a group sale? Maybe somebody else may have to do it.

You need to email EDM about the group buy. I was going to start one, but decided I didn't want to wait. Here is the email I got back from EDM about doing a group buy. The problem you will have, if you are in a hurry, is that you need a minimum of 10 people before they will ship them out.

We need 10 orders per model to complete a batch. We only ship when the batch is filled.

So 10 RDS units and 10 standard LCD models. To order more you need more complete batches 2 batches = 20 units.

We give 10% discount on the purchase price of the item

I am currently in contact with EDM to see what I would have to do to start a group buy, that is if the original poster is not able to get one started. It looks as though we have enough people interested in a buy that it should not be a problem to get one started. But, I just do not want to step on the toes of the original poster.

Edited by baelinc

Currently there is 1 more spot that needs to be filled to make the buy.

When the 10 spots are filled, you can still join in on the group buy as I have been given the OK from EDM to allow this group buy to continue past 10 in a single group. So the deadline is Saturday, October 2, 2009 at 8pm CST.

Edited by baelinc

Just a quick update... I wanted to let everyone know that Saturday I will email EDM the list of people and once I receive the payment link, I will be emailing those out to you. But, EDM has put a deadline on the Payments. The payment dead line is Friday, October 9th.

Is this payment date dead liine right, I do not see a payment link.

Just a quick update... I wanted to let everyone know that Saturday I will email EDM the list of people and once I receive the payment link, I will be emailing those out to you. But, EDM has put a deadline on the Payments. The payment dead line is Friday, October 9th.

The payment deadline is correct. I have not sent out the payment link yet as EDM requires the list of people. I will be sending them the list Saturday night and hopefully have the link Monday. So everyone should have Monday through Friday to make their order. But I would recommend everyone paying earlier in the week. The faster everyone makes their payments, the faster the product is shipped.

The group buy is now CLOSED. I have emailed EDM the list. Once I receive the link, I will be emailing it out soon afterward. Everyone who is part of the group buy, please make payment ASAP. The soon the payment is made the shorter the wait will be. As long as their are 10 transmitters sold by Friday, the group buy will be closed by EDM.

Edited by baelinc

An e-mail has been sent out to the email address that you provided. The email contains the link to the website where you will place your orders. Also as a note when checking out via paypal you must include your username in the notes area.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious,

I just received my EDM w/RDS and their is no paperwork at all. Some instruction on how to finish the assembly and some basic how to's would be nice. Anybody get paperwork with their units that could forward me the info?

Thanks

Just curious,

I just received my EDM w/RDS and their is no paperwork at all. Some instruction on how to finish the assembly and some basic how to's would be nice. Anybody get paperwork with their units that could forward me the info?

Thanks

Mine just arrived in the same condition. I thought it was going to be more of a kit and not almost ready to go. I've downloaded and printed the two documents provided by lightonlinden. Is that it?

Also, is it possible to transfer data using a USB instead of the serial port? Much easier for me to do it that way.

This should be interesting.