Kentucky Mini-PLUS

Thought I'd post a new thread concerning the idea of the first KY miniPLUS!

I got to meet SPaschall yesterday at re-PLUS. GREAT guy!

In getting the opportunity to talk with Scooter (SPaschall) at re-PLUS, we were discussing the fact that we need to have a KY mini-PLUS for our KY members (also northern TN and southern IN, would be cordially invited if they might be interested). I talked it over with my wife, she gave the go ahead and I'd be willing to host it... anybody insterested?

I was thinking the 12th of September. Early enough that we can still incorporate ideas for this year and still enough time to plan it out! Plus, UK doesn't have a football game that Saturday.

So... any of you guys interested?

I'd be happy to share how I made the "grid tree" and/or how to create an animated cutout... I'm sure there are lots of things we could learn from each other.

If interested, you can respond to this thread or send me a private message. My house isn't huge... but I think we could accomodate up to 12 or maybe 15 if we all make sure we bathe that morning!

BTW... I'd be open to other dates... I just figured with the 12th being the only open football date in UK's schedule that the 12th might work out well. No offense to my Louisville neighbors! I'll welcome any other suggested dates and then we'll try to go with the date that works out best for the majority of us.

Edited by jrbryant
update

Thought I'd post a new thread concerning the idea of the first KY miniPLUS!

I got to meet SPaschall yesterday at re-PLUS. GREAT guy!

You are way too kind. :o I met several from Ky, but also Indiana and Ohio not to mention a few from Illinois. I just now got back and my wife and I had a blast. Count us in, I really don't think there will be any problems making it.

Great to meet ya'll

SPaschall

I would love to come. Maybe I can talk my wife into coming. I had hoped to talk to some of you at re-plus but it was such a busy day. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

WOOHOOoooooo!!! We're getting a lot of interest so far! I'm keeping track of those that seem to be interested and will probably be PM'ing everyone in the near future.

If you know of anyone else that might be interested... let them know about it!

I think we'll be able to put together a pretty good mini!!! Thanks for your support and all the offers of help... I'll need it!

Does anyone have a preference for a time to start on that Saturday morning? I know several of you will have to travel a pretty good distance and don't know if you'll want/need travel time in the morning... so if anyone has any suggestions or preferences, just let me know. As far as an ending time... I don't plan on setting one. There always seems to be so much I want to ask and I'm sure there will be so much to learn that I figure we'll decide to quite whenever we decide to quit!

Also, if anyone is planning on staying overnight, let me know and I'll try to help in anyway I can as far as finding a hotel and directions and all that.

Of course, I'll provide directions to everyone the closer we get and the more plans are finalized.

Thanks,

John

John

I've got a quick and dirty website up and running for our KY miniPLUS.

http://www.KYminiPLUS.com/

Please visit the site and register for our get together. Also, please let me know if you'd be interested/willing to give a demo (or tips and tricks)concerning your particular area of interest/expertise.

Thanks,

John

Well guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it after all. I might be able to squeeze a hour or two in the middle of the day but I have stuff I have to do in the morning and later that night. Oh well I hope everyone has a good time anyway.

Well guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it after all. I might be able to squeeze a hour or two in the middle of the day but I have stuff I have to do in the morning and later that night. Oh well I hope everyone has a good time anyway.

Sorry to hear I was looking forward to meeting you. Head down the BG anyday for a chat if you would like.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok, let me resurrect this thread and see how many enjoyed this mini and if any would be interested in trying to bring our wonderful state of Kentucky back from the dead as far as lighting displays are concerned. Just moved back myself and would love to look at the possibility of doing a mini sometime next Summer.