Poloron Lifesize Nativity Sets

Hello I was cleaning the Attic of my late parents Home. Which I now own over the weekend . And I discovered That I still had a very Old Poloron Lifesize. Nativity Set up there that I had long forgotten. Along with many other things long forgotten. I should mention it was in a bigger Gable end part where My Father had Blown in Insulation put in that covered their boxes.It was my Mothers. That she had always displayed on our front lawn. She passed away in 1984 . And I have only been up there a few times since.It took me totally by surprise that I of all people. A Blowmold Nut should forget such a wonderful set as this . I was under the impression .That my sisters had sold it many years ago . Its in awesome shape for being in that attic all those years. I Believe she purchased it in the late 1960's. In looking through here for some clues about the value. I discovered Shawn has a set like it . Although mine has the original paint in totally awesome shape . It also includes the stable. Which upon later discovering I found in the attic of the garage in its original poloron box. Does anyone know what the value of this set is.I contacted Bronners where it was purchased all those years ago.And was told they are extremely rare to find and priceless to the right collector. They told me they have one of the original sets on display in their presentation room. After being told that I do recall seeing it way up high on a upper ledge above the World of Bronners presentation room. Any help would be appreciated BILL:santasmileyitty:

Yes i do have that set and all mine are original paint but the gold i brightend up due to turing green . I got my whole set for 100.00 but its only worth what someone is to buy it for. Ive been told there is really no set price on molds. There is alot of them out there just not in the conditon yours and mine are i do know there are a few more pcrs on here that have very nice ones as well. I would not get rid of it . Another thing is if it was in the attic that many years you might be careful with it cause it may be brittle due to heat. That does happen.

HI Again . First of all . I dont intend on selling it noway. It was my Mothers. I was just wondering how much it was worth.I know its worth alot more than $400.It cost more than that new .I found the receipt in one of the boxes. It was from Bronners. It has The Holy Family . Three Wisemen, The Shepard and four Lambs, Two donkeys, Two oxes, Three Camels, A Angel and a Star . And the stable. She paid $605. plus tax and shipping for it.They are not brittle at all . I know Blowmolds. The insulation that was covering their boxes .Obviously helped preserve them.I will post pictures as soon as I get them. Shawn I thought I read that you repainted some of your pieces . Like the shepard and camels. It wasnt meant as a insult . Just what I read in back messages!!Whatever the case . Its a fine set . BILL:santasmileyitty:

HI Again . First of all . I dont intend on selling it noway. It was my Mothers. I was just wondering how much it was worth.I know its worth alot more than $400.It cost more than that new .I found the receipt in one of the boxes. It was from Bronners. It has The Holy Family . Three Wisemen, The Shepard and four Lambs, Two donkeys, Two oxes, Three Camels, A Angel and a Star . And the stable. She paid $605. plus tax and shipping for it.They are not brittle at all . I know Blowmolds. The insulation that was covering their boxes .Obviously helped preserve them.I will post pictures as soon as I get them. Shawn I thought I read that you repainted some of your pieces . Like the shepard and camels. It wasnt meant as a insult . Just what I read in back messages!!Whatever the case . Its a fine set . BILL:santasmileyitty:

605 $

Wow!

Looks nice...but that nice?

Admittedly i dont know much about some of this stuff...and especially not nativity sets but...wow!

Or is it the age old shipping deal? 180$ for the molds and the rest is tax and shipping?

Anyways, it sure is a delux set with all those pieces. Ill bet it looks awesome in the front yard! :)

M-

M a life size General foam nativity from bronners with all the goodies like that poloron set would be well over 800 today. life size stuff is up there in price!! I found a full GF set with all the goodies for 400. but had no way to bring it home : (

Jim

The extra camels i did and i fixed a little crack in the shepherd but i didnt strip or repaint any of the items. I didnt have too luckily. Hurry up and post pics lol Bronners charged that much that long ago???????? whooooooooo i knew they were high to buy from but whoooo.

M a life size General foam nativity from bronners with all the goodies like that poloron set would be well over 800 today. life size stuff is up there in price!! I found a full GF set with all the goodies for 400. but had no way to bring it home : (

Jim

800$

Unreal!

Kinda like the G/F giant 5 ft santa for 99$ new.

M-

Ok Mr Shawn. You can believe what you want.!!I have the original receipt in front of me. Bronners has always been priced higher. Than say Sears as they are a specialty year round attraction. And they can command whatever price they put on items. Because why . The customers will pay it. Because why?? They can say they purchased it at Bronners. Not that makes it any better none the less. But its the way it goes.Heres a perfect example. I have myself shopped for many a years at Bronners. Its a annual destination. Must have my dated Bronners ornaments and such. I found some great blown glass ornaments there that I just had to have. I purchased several of them at $11.00 each . leaving feeling totally happy . Until I found the same blown glass ornaments at the local Menards discounters with 6 in a package for $9.99. Same ornament just sold differently. I dont know if you have ever been within Bronners. Obviously not as I would not need explain any of this. Nor do I need to . However heres the cost from Bronners for the Nativity pieces.Holy Family $89.99 Three Wisemen $129.99 Shepard with two lambs $79.99. Two Lambs $28.99. Two Oxes $21.99 each.Three Camels $21.99 each. One Angel$26.99. One Star $15.99. One Large Stable$79.99 and Two Donkeys $21.99 each . THERE Do the math if you can LOL I tHOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A FRIENDLY SITE. Seems Shawn doesnt get it. Oh well Iam sure thats why more others do not contribute their stories and experiences. Only to be ridiculed by Shawn. Oh well Ive seen it before from Him . Guess its my turn. Hes always in the middle of any disputes to be sure. PEACE :santasmileyitty: BILL

well that person that has the GF set from bronners said they will show me the tickets where they bought it all that total almost 900!! amazing!! but we all know its true. just go to the seasonal website and price them : )

Ok Mr Shawn. You can believe what you want.!!I have the original receipt in front of me. Bronners has always been priced higher. Than say Sears as they are a specialty year round attraction. And they can command whatever price they put on items. Because why . The customers will pay it. Because why?? They can say they purchased it at Bronners. Not that makes it any better none the less. But its the way it goes.Heres a perfect example. I have myself shopped for many a years at Bronners. Its a annual destination. Must have my dated Bronners ornaments and such. I found some great blown glass ornaments there that I just had to have. I purchased several of them at $11.00 each . leaving feeling totally happy . Until I found the same blown glass ornaments at the local Menards discounters with 6 in a package for $9.99. Same ornament just sold differently. I dont know if you have ever been within Bronners. Obviously not as I would not need explain any of this. Nor do I need to . However heres the cost from Bronners for the Nativity pieces.Holy Family $89.99 Three Wisemen $129.99 Shepard with two lambs $79.99. Two Lambs $28.99. Two Oxes $21.99 each.Three Camels $21.99 each. One Angel$26.99. One Star $15.99. One Large Stable$79.99 and Two Donkeys $21.99 each . THERE Do the math if you can LOL I tHOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A FRIENDLY SITE. Seems Shawn doesnt get it. Oh well Iam sure thats why more others do not contribute their stories and experiences. Only to be ridiculed by Shawn. Oh well Ive seen it before from Him . Guess its my turn. Hes always in the middle of any disputes to be sure. PEACE :santasmileyitty: BILL

Well all i can say is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by shawniepooh

Its hard to beleive you could buy the full set for under 150.00 in the Sears catalog in 1970s lol must of been nice :giggle:

Read this again it was not meant that i didnt beleive you i was making a statement that it was hard to beleive in the 70s you could buy a whole set in Sears catalog so cheap. ANyhow im done with this thread not worth my time.

Read this again it was not meant that i didnt beleive you i was making a statement that it was hard to beleive in the 70s you could buy a whole set in Sears catalog so cheap. ANyhow im done with this thread not worth my time.
i with shawn i understand it that he made a statement......

I dont know .. I've went back and read every word of this and if someone is looking for an argument its not Shawn! You know you can have a difference in opinion and not be looking for a fight. I'm also sure Shawn will produce a catalog page with pricing included!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your found nativity!! Sounds like a really nice set !! Like Shawns!

I dont know .. I've went back and read every word of this and if someone is looking for an argument its not Shawn! You know you can have a difference in opinion and not be looking for a fight. I'm also sure Shawn will produce a catalog page with pricing included!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your found nativity!! Sounds like a really nice set !! Like Shawns!

Thankyou Cars and your right im not trying to start anything all im saying is those prices are today prices not 1970s. I will post a catalog page of the prices. These were sold up unitll about 1980 and back then no mary and joseph could cost that much. ANyhow enough of that. I just think its kinda wierd that from the beginnin of this post you tried to start a argument with me by saying oh its likes shawns but its better and not been repainted. That right there is what you were trying to do . You are not a true NEW member we all know that by the comments you made so go make trouble somewhere else and not here.