TLC Filming dates

It has been a crazy year. From thinking of taking the year off to this! TLC will be filming set up and light up of my display for a Christmas special to air Dec. 6th and then run throughout the month. This is an open invitation to all in the commonwealth to come and perhaps be apart of this insanity. Shooting dates for the actual light up will be Nov. 1st-3rd with earlier shooting of set up in Oct.

Back to Checking lights,

Bill

If we lived closer together I would love to lend a hand checking lights or something.

I know that does not help much. Sometimes "its the thought that counts" does not help at all.;)

Hearing updates is exciting and I can't wait to see/dvr the show!

Bill are you planning on adding something special to your display since you are going to be on TV?

I had two projects in the works but unfortunately decided to shelve them for this year - Just not enough time. The only addition from last is the Jumping house illusion borrowed from Richard in his Amazing Grace video and 24,000 additional lights and their added channels.

Bill,

I should be able to come up and help you some with setup.

Andy

Thanks Andy and Roger, I'm still in the process of putting together a schedule. Once I get a little further along I may be calling on you.

Thank You everybody for the offers to help with set up. It was a rainy day today and it gave me the opportunity to unbox, check and rebox all day 13 hours. Thank God for the led's! I'll have about another 30 hours or so of getting the lights in order and then, much to the wife's dismay start putting them out. Every year I am astounded at the shear weight of all these lights. Keep telling myself that one of these days I have to get the actual weight. What in the world would drive an individual to this extreme.

Peace

Thank You everybody for the offers to help with set up. It was a rainy day today and it gave me the opportunity to unbox, check and rebox all day 13 hours. Thank God for the led's! I'll have about another 30 hours or so of getting the lights in order and then, much to the wife's dismay start putting them out. Every year I am astounded at the shear weight of all these lights. Keep telling myself that one of these days I have to get the actual weight. What in the world would drive an individual to this extreme.

Peace

Bill, Thanks for the updates, I really enjoy hearing your progress. This is exciting.

I also look forward to the updates, I would love to help if it weren't for the distance.

I was telling my wife about it, after she was done rolling her eye's (see my previous posts), she commented that "you people need to get a hobby, or a grip".

Gotta love her, she talks a big game, but never says anything when I talk my son and disappear to the garage for a few hours.

Good luck, and keep up on the updates.

Kent

Bill,

Glad to see you are getting started. John, said he would give me the final word by mid this week. but we are not taking any chances, we already started with the lights. If we are on the show, then we will be on track, if not, i don't have to work as hard to get them up. The funny part is, the neighbors don't think this is early for us to put up the lights. we have slowly converted them to a bunch of christmas freaks also.

good luck and get back to work

bob

Hey count me in to help. I want to play with the spitting fish!!!! Seriously any weekend you need a hand let me know and I will plan on being their. I will bring Cathy and some others if you want. LOL

I don't need to be reconized for it cause I don't like my picture taken. So if you could use a hand before they get there I am there. Then I could at least say I saw your display for once. What about the turtle. He isn't making his debut this year. Ahhhhh :( I was looking forward to him. :)

Hey count me in to help. I want to play with the spitting fish!!!! Seriously any weekend you need a hand let me know and I will plan on being their. I will bring Cathy and some others if you want. LOL

I don't need to be reconized for it cause I don't like my picture taken. So if you could use a hand before they get there I am there. Then I could at least say I saw your display for once. What about the turtle. He isn't making his debut this year. Ahhhhh :( I was looking forward to him. :)

Started on the turtle frame and started syncing the song he would be featured in but put it on hold with this early set up for TLC. Just don't have the time.

Bill,

Glad to see you are getting started. John, said he would give me the final word by mid this week. but we are not taking any chances, we already started with the lights. If we are on the show, then we will be on track, if not, i don't have to work as hard to get them up. The funny part is, the neighbors don't think this is early for us to put up the lights. we have slowly converted them to a bunch of christmas freaks also.

good luck and get back to work

bob

We are not Christmas Freaks, we are Christmas Enthusiasts. Or Chirstmas Crazies. Or Christmas Addicts. Or Christmas Light Hogs.:giggle:

Edited by blndnwo2luv