LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have to look at it this way as well. I have went and purchased items that were recommended by members here stating "You will never be sorry". Well guess what, I was and still am of a few items and services. To each his own when it comes to purchasing items. Has Travis every done me wrong , no. But if something happens with my order one day I am going to have to be understanding and not try to make it harder on him as it already must be on him.

Christ the guys got the swine flu and trying to get everything out with new people.

We also have to remember that Travis does not have any QC on the items that were shipped, and from what I understand it was a huge rat's nest when the boxes were unpacked. Just as Paul had no QC on the lights that were sent and the problems that arose from that. You have to give everyone a bit of a break and be understanding that "Stuff Happens" and that it will be all sorted out.

Just my 2 cents worth and lets stop the bashing.

Stop the bashing????????????? Just how much money have you lost to Travis?? If, it's $0, then I don't see where you have a dog in this fight.

i dont see how anyone has "lost" any money if they paid with a credit card

Well, let me explain it to you then. If you paid for your first half (pre-order) deposit in, let's say March or April, your credit card company will not let you dispute that charge now, because it is beyond the 60 day limit as set by federal law. You might be able to dispute the second half payment, but that's small consolation for those of us who will have lost several hundred dollars in the first half payment.

Edited by jim6918
spelling

Well, let me explain it to you then. If you paid for your first half (pre-order) deposit in, let's say March or April, your credit card company will not let you dispute that charge now, because it is beyond the 60 day limit as set by federal law. You might be able to dispute the second half payment, but that's small consolation for those of us who will have lost several hundred dollars in the first half payment.

ahhh you are correct merry Christmas to you and yours

by the way if you are worried travis is ripping you off why dont you just cancel your order and buy at the big box stores

Edited by vegas taco

I received my order yesterday and spent the evening unpacking and testing the lights. The only problems were I was missing 1 string of lights, the 20 socket spt1 stringer I ordered and 2 light strings were DOA. Overall I am happy with the order considering what Travis had to deal with, the flu, the late shipment etc. I didn't send in a contact form to Travis until this morning and have already received a reply and tracking number from Travis.

I may need more C6 strings this year, depends on how close my estimate was for my yard trees and I will order from Travis if I need them and next year for sure.

This thread is getting way off track! I am one of the people still waiting for the rest of my order! Let's not start a dispute with each other here!;) I know that it is frustrating not getting what you have ordered, especially when you are counting on them to build parts of your display, but I cannot just make my lights appear (as much as I would like to). Bashing Travis or anyone else is not going to get them any faster. I am not in Travis' shoes so I will not put him down here. Paul made good with his problems that he had last year and I hope that Travis will do the same. Travis has already offered free shipping for next year. I too am patiently waiting, but getting angry does not help, at least not me anyway!:D

I not sure if anyone thinks they're going to get ripped off, but a certain amount of concern is understood. I work with customers every day. I know that if you don't comunicate the situation on a regular basis your asking for complaints. I've received about 20% of my order and some of it is wrong. My credit card has been charged for the second half. Travis emailed me yesterday and is looking at what I'm missing. Also, you can be a little more patient if your located down south and the weather is warm through Thanksgiving. Even in Kansas we're seeing early signs of winter. I'd like to have my act together as early as possible so I'm not freezing my tail feathers off putting up my display. My other concern is that there may be shortages of what I ordered. So I'd be forced to look elsewhere or change my config and take different lights. It's to bad this comes on the heels of last years situation. I had to pull 10,000 lights off 4 large framed trees and return them and then put them back on again this summer. Can you say six or seven thousand ty wraps? So I'm up to giving this another couple of weeks before I start to panic, but it does depend on your situation.

Also, be sure to confirm the amounts billed to your credit card are correct. My deposit was billed correctly based on my invoice, but the final payment was more than the balance owed. I emailed to inquire about the discrepancy and got an immediate reply stating the extra amount was the shipping charges that were not included at the time of the preorder... But my invoice did include a shipping charge and my deposit included 50% of that amount. I went back and reread the "pre-order policy" just to be sure and it says, "Shipping will not be displayed at time of order. Prior to shipment we will notify you of shipping costs." I was not notified my shipping costs were going to be more than invoiced.

I emailed back to ask what my real shipping charges should be since the invoice I have apparently is incorrect and I got an quick reply with a new number for the shipping total. But when I do the math the second payment includes the balance I owed for the items in my order, the second 50% of the erroneous shipping charge on my invoice, and 100% of the “correct” shipping charge. I essentially have been billed twice for shipping. I responded to that email requesting a refund of the overage but that email has now been unanswered for 8 days. I really hate to have to file a claim with Visa over this, but what are we supposed to do if the vendor doesn't respond?

BTW, it should be noted Led Holiday Lighting's pre-order shipping policy is in violation of their Visa/Mastercard merchant agreement. Merchant can't require a customer to present thier credit card information before the "final" transaction amount is known. This is effectively a practice known as a “blank sales draft”.

I'm also in the process of testing and inventorying the lights from my order and sure enough I too am missing 3 items from my order. I did get a note in my last shipment that one strand has been backordered, but nothing regarding the two others I'm missing. So I guess I need to try emailing again to see if all three strands are backordered or if I’m really missing two.

Anyways, I don't want it to appear as I'm bashing anyone personally as it seems some are quick to assume in this thread. I simply want to report my personal purchase experience. Of course, it's understandable from time to time illness gets in the ways of things. However, it's clear from the numerous reports from fellow customers that there are some vendor process and communication failures here that are not solely explained by an unfortunate affliction of H1N1.

Edited by ArtieMcD

Well, I was just about to report that I had inspected my order and it was complete, but then I realized I was missing all of the blue LED's I ordered. Bummer -- hope I can get them soon...

-Tim

Edited by tfischer

Well, I was just about to report that I had inspected my order and it was complete, but then I realized I was missing all of the blue LED's I ordered. Bummer -- hope I can get them soon...

-Tim

sorry to hear that isnt travis based in minny?? is he close???

by the way i am a new twins fan i love how they play the game

sorry to hear that isnt travis based in minny?? is he close???

by the way i am a new twins fan i love how they play the game

Yeah he's here in the Twin Cities. I was originally going to pick up my order but he shipped it when he came down with H1N1.

Glad to hear you're on board with the Twins. They have a beautiful new ballpark waiting for them next season...

-Tim

Received a box today, ahead of schedule!! opened it up and it was my 8 sets of net lights, and that's all. I was furious.... these are the last items I need out of all of my order. So, I come up to my PC, and sign into Travis' site, and right before I start typing into teh contact form, I clicked on my UPS tracking number..... Wait a minute... It still shows my package as in transit, and not even in my city....I call UPS, and sure enough, the package is still on it's way to me and is schedule to be delivered tomorrow. So, I guess there were two boxes in my order and I only got notified of one.

I haven't even opened the individual boes of net lights yet. I was so mad I was wanted to just rip Travis a new one, but now I'm laughing at ym self for getting soooo mad a a single box. LOL :)

Let's just see what appears on my door step tomorrow......

My order was delivered yesterday. I only ordered 32 items, but I got everything and they all worked when tested.

I did notice one thing and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Last year I ordered some 1/2 wave M5 strings (70 ct multi). This year I ordered some full wave M5 strings. The full wave bulbs are slightly smaller. I was wondering if there is a difference between 1/2 wave and full wave construction regarding the bulb size, or do the bulb sizes vary between manufacturers.

It's not a big deal to me, i was just wondering.

I've been rebuilding my "Tune To" sign and decided to try a pair of 100ct LED white strings in it (M5s)

I ordered them from Travis on Monday, Oct 12th, 9:30 am, before I noticed this thread.

They arrived on my doorstep yesterday.

Now maybe he's having some issues with the big pre-order sales, but his delivery time is frankly amazing considering most other Xmas vendors are advertising multiple week long lead times, this being the busy season for them.

Still waiting on 29 strings that are needed for a build. Have send e-mails to Travis and used the notification on the site about this order, but have not heard back from him in a few days. If I do not hear something buy tomorrow one way or another I have no choice but to buy what I can locally and build what I need. Again this was my 3rd order with Travis this year, this one was place back in March, I have my other 2 and I can say the lights look good and I am glad I have them.

I hear people say they have got orders they have placed in the last few weeks (I am included) fairly quick just feel that if he was not done with the orders from March and he had product to full such orders he should have shipped them first (Should have been shipped in some kind of FIFO) God speed Travis.

16 days until I start putting up lights.

Received my final box today. Opened it and found all my C9 bulbs, SPT2-C9 wire, and bundles (twist-tied) lights.

I counted all the bulbs and SPT2 sockets.... Correct amount and color!! I was very happy at this point....

Here' where I went from happy to really mad....The 10 strings of icicles are another story...

4 of the strings were not icicles, but rather 100ct stringers.

The other 6 were icicles, but the quality is garbage. I've got drops that are less than 1" apart, to over 12" apart. The wires are not twisted correctly, leaving the rats nest look to the strings. And the drops are the same way. If I'm forced to use these, I'll have to completely unwire the entire set and re-wire it to get the correct spacing and wire twist, and neatness. The store-bought cheap icicles have better quality control than the strings I received today.

I've just emailed Travis via his site, and hope to hear something tomorrow as I too have less than 23 days to work with my lights before I have to be out of town and upon my return as supposed to be putting up my lights.

I have also had a problem with my order. I ordered white icicles and received red. I emailed travis a few times and he promised that he would take care of the problem. Well it's been over two weeks and NOTHING. He promised to send UPS to pick up the wrong color and to exchange the correct color. Yet Nothing has arrived and nothing has been picked up.

His 'tracking number' that he gave me a week ago or so indicated that only 'information' has been transmitted over to UPS. Nothing has left his facility for shipment to me. If I don't receive anything by this weekend I will put in a dispute on my credit card.

Travis, Are you listening??? I would like to order more orange icicles for halloween but at this point, you have lost your credibility with me. Why???