LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sent Travis an E-Mail last Friday asking about the status of my order. I received a reply back on Saturday that my order shipped. UPS picked it up on Monday and it is scheduled for Thursday delivery. I will report back once my order has been checked.

Edited by Diveralan
spelling

Well... here it is, almost the end of October, and I still don't have all the lights I ordered, nor do I have any response to my emails/phone calls :mad:

Now I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but with the changes I made to my display for this year, and the LED lights being an integral part of those changes, reverting back to older display isn't doable... I just don't have the time, and my patience is all but gone... just like my display :(.

If I had kown this was going to be the situation with LED Holiday Lighting, I definately would have done things differently. I guess it's not a total loss as I have learned a valuable lesson from all of this... plan more then one year ahead!

Your not alone Jeff.

I too have redone my sequencing and display layout based on the order from Travis for this year and I have not received or heard anything back yet on my lastest inquiry. Nor have I received anything from the order at all.

I was told a week and a half ago that my order would be shipped out on the first of last week, but as of today no word on shipping or reply to my contact inquiry through his site.

I am almost ready to bag the display since I can't start anything without the items that I am waiting for.

I did try to set up my mega tree last weekend using the old star from last year even though I was hoping to use a new one with the dimmable LEDs from Travis that I ordered in March. I figured that I could take my 24 foot ladder and climb up and change out the star if the order shows up, but I sure need the order first and I can't set up any of the lights for the tree till I decide on the star as to whether to go with the old one, wait for the order from Travis, or try to figure out and sequence in my new Martin star with the FireFly string on it.

This is going to make the display pretty small without the order from him since it includes items for my windows, mega tree, arches (that I still have to make), and a couple of other display items.

I will end up with not even half the things I want to do done for this year if I don't get the order soon or at least hear something so that I could at least try and find some of the items elsewhere.

I can only hope at this point I guess, but the waiting and not knowing is killing me!

I emailed Travis today about my icicles. He did reply, but the reply did not start out on a good note.... He looked at the quality of what icicles he has left, and while he thinks they are good, he said I won't be happy with them. He's going to replace the full wave 100count icicles with 1/2 wave 70 count. I'm OK with that, but I need to make sure I get enough total length of icicles to cover both levels of my gutters.

So, while I've made contact with Travis, I now have to wait for the replacements. *queue the Jeopardy theme music*

Folks -- I know everyone's getting nervous/desparate/etc. not in small part due to the calendar date, but I know Travis is doing his best. We're not dealing with someone trying to scam you (not that anyone's been accusing him of that) but someone who's had a few things stack up to make this take a lot longer than originally planned.

Things happen... If his warehouse had burned down before shipping the lights, a lot of us would have been without lights too (although I'm sure we would have received a refund). He's doing his best -- let's keep this thread as positive as possible, and use it to indicate order progress, etc.

Thanks! :) :)

-Tim

I'll just chime in and say... although I was a little aggravated to start with, all in all Travis handled the situation extremely well, and I couldn't be happier with my lights. I have since ordered a couple dozen more lights from him (I too cannot count lol) and he has filled the orders correctly and promptly.

Very good point Tim.

I was not trying to bash Travis or his company since I have ordered other things from him before without any major problems.

Your are correct in the fact that time is always against us it seems when we are doing this stuff as a "hobby".

I guess the biggest thing I learned from this is that I will never again change my sequencing or display layout based on things arriving in the future. That is my own fault for doing and really doesn't have anything to do with Travis.

Sorry if it seemed to come off that way and my appologies if it did to Travis and everyone on here.

It does get frustrating when you don't hear back though, but I'm sure that in the end Travis will make things good on my order as well as everyone elses that has any issues with theirs.

I just have to make up my mind to wait for the order or go ahead and start redoing my display based on not having the things from LED Holiday Lighting since I have a lot to do and am already behind on my display progress.

As far as LED Holiday Lighting, I would still recommend them to anyone who asks and will use them myself in the future.

I just won't make the mistake of changing display things till I have all the parts in hand. :rolleyes:

I'll just chime in and say... although I was a little aggravated to start with, all in all Travis handled the situation extremely well, and I couldn't be happier with my lights. I have since ordered a couple dozen more lights from him (I too cannot count lol) and he has filled the orders correctly and promptly.

I wish this experience were applicable to everyone here. I have not been successful at getting a response to my inquiry regarding my incorrect billing and missing items that I sent three weeks ago. I sent a follow up email Monday which I have also not received a response to as of yet. Is it possible some customers are more valuable than others and the service level offered is doled out accordingly?

Either way, I'm glad for some it's working out... But for me I've been accommodating for too long. Usually if I have an issue with a vendor I give them 72 hours to respond before escalating my claim. But it's been three weeks and I have no idea why I gave this vendor more leeway than usual. However, I know that as each day passes without a simply reply or acknowledgement of my contact the likelihood of resolution diminishes. Come Friday I probably will have no choice but to get in touch with Visa and have them resolve it for me.

Travis and I have reached an amicable settlement of my order. Quality, wrong items, etc,. 'nuf said. I will still be a few dollars upside down, as they say in the used car business. Plus, I don't even want to consider the time spent modifying my LOR sequences when I had to change light types, or the money spent on Plan B, just in case.

Just an observation here, and some others have eluded to it, but Travis committed a fatal business mistake, and it's liable to cost him dearly in the long run. He failed to estimate how his growth in sales would impact his ability to deliver, both in actual shipping and then customer service after the fact. How many times have we seen a nice little restaurant where the food was outstanding, the service excellent and we often waited in line just to get a seat. Then the owner, seeing dollar signs in all the people waiting in line, expands, buys a bigger building and equipment and then can't deliver the same quality food and service that customers had come to love. Ultimately the customers stop coming and the restaurant closes. You can substitute almost any other business type for the restaurant and have the same result without careful planning. Perhaps Travis could have planned for the rush better, surely he knew the amount of product that was crossing the Pacific and the orders he had in hand for regular items.

I don't like to say never, but like Beeill, I won't make changes to my display until I have the product in hand and am satisfied with the quality.

Now, if my knees and the weather hold out, it's all weekend on the ladder for me.

I'm amazed that others are still placing orders and getting shipping notices and products while many of us that preorder last March, paid our money, still haven't received our orders correctly and in full.

It's real easy to keep a positive attitute when you've ordered 106 strings, now have been billed in full, only received 96 and only 48 were what you ordered.

So I have paid for 106 strings and only have 48 strings that were ordered, still missing strings, and emails going unanaswered, and my credit card was charged in early September

Yes, a positive attitude is very easy to keep.

I didn't mean to try to downplay anyone's problems. I'm not sure why some are getting their emails answered and other's aren't. I wish Travis could pop on this thread and clear the air.

In the meantime, I hope everyone gets their product soon, and that when you do, you'll have time to incorporate them.

I know from experience that few things are more frustrating than having a problem with an order, and not getting an answer back from the company responsible...

-Tim

Just got word on my order, had a problem with my CC so he e-mailed me, I replied back with my phone number for him to call...he called me back immediately and my order (that I double-checked and added more stringer length to) is out the door today. Tracking number and order status updated before I hung up with him.

Bummer all the issues he's had, it has been a drag for everyone involved to say the least!

Maybe it's a good thing I haven't even gotten to my sequencing yet! :giggle:

You might want to somehow check to see that your emails and such didn't get bounced back by servers or something. i know lately at school and home the email servers seem to like to be bouncing the emails instead of just down right sending them! I emailed travis a few weeks ago when i got my order that I had things missing... haven't received the product yet, but counting it will be here soon! i had to call the phone # for nearly 3 days to finally get an answer from someone about correcting issues i had.. this year the order has taken lots of patience! hang in there, travis will make it right !

What an up and down thread. I didn't want to chime in but, I'm going to. As I too have not received my order I'm getting more and more nervous and I think a few more Grey hairs are sprouting too...

I also have other people waiting on me as well so the pressure is on. I hope soon that everything arrives and is complete. Travis told me that everything was there and it was complete so let's hope it all arrives together and is fine.

Sitting on pins and needles awaiting the arrival. I too will most likely purchase again from Travis as he is the only one that doesn't kill us Canadians with Major Shipping and import fees.

Sitting at the front door.....

-Evan

I have a box coming with what should be the last parts of my order... tomorrow! A little nerve racking, but I will finally be able to start working on the rest of the stuff. Seeing that I am moving locations and have everything already planned for the lights that are in these boxes ... tomorrow is the do or die decision date as to what I need to do, especially this late.

I will say that hubby and I have recieved most of our order...hubby called him in order to et the Halloween stuff here timely- which it was...we are still missing 38 strings and 3 of the wrong color were sent...hubby sent emails that did not get replies so finally I told him he needed to start calling on the phone. Hubby has called everyday this week and got a response back today from Travis. Hubby told me he still sounds very sick. As a nurse, I can tell you this H1N1 virus is some nasty stuff and takes a long time to recover. Travis promised to send out the remainder of our order tomorrow and that is what we expect to have happen. I believe a lot of bad things has happened to him in a short period of time and he is attempting to recovery as quickly as possible. My suggestion is underlined above if you are concerned about getting your order...only a suggestion.