LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You "might" have received M6 bulbs instead of M5. Travis has carried M6 bulbs in the past.

The size of the bulb has nothing to do with Full Wave or Half Wave. That is determined by the retification applied to the bulbs (of any size)

I surely would not think that half wave would be brighter than full wave. What makes you think that you got half wave?

I ordered full wave purple and full wave white. The White looks bigger (As Jbullard pointed out it could be M6) and a lot brighter. The purple are much less bright and smaller. The purple may just be naturally not as bright. I will go back to calling Travis tomorrow. Four calls to each line today. None returned.

Ok, I now know how some of you feel about not receiving replacement lights. Travis promised me my replacement icicle lights would ship on Monday, yet I don't have any shipping info, and calls and emails to Travis have gone unanswered.

Travis is about as consistent as his lights.....

I am at my deadline for my display. I have to put up lights NOW (as in this coming weekend and week), but I don't have any lights to put up!!!!!

I am so mad right now...... I have a box full of [email protected] in my garage that should be going up on my house, but instead I'm wearing holes in my floor pacing around waiting on Travis to reply to me or my promised product to show up.

Actually Travis is very consistant. He consistantly promises to get your lights out on Monday and you might be lucky if it is the next monday of the following week. He did that to me several times. And that is with the same shipment. The second time was the charm though.

So, yes Travis is consistant. ;)

His warehouse has to be going crazy? I can just imagine.. I've worked in a warehouse envoirnment and its not an easy job, on any end. Please keep in mind it is humans placing your orders so they will likely make mistakes! .. Its getting down to the wire now though, hope everyone's stuff shows up before november 1 ! good luck everyone!

If the warehouse you are referring to is the same address as he list on his site, it is nothing more than a residential house!

If the warehouse you are referring to is the same address as he list on his site, it is nothing more than a residential house!

I don't care if he works out of an outhouse so long as everyone gets their lights :)

I am right there with ya Tim, I spent about 2 hours last night trying to find a alternative means of contact and came across his address, just thought it was funny. Someone mentioned awhile back that he moved into a bigger warehouse!

If I had the money I would fly there and pay him a visit! Something about people having my money and not getting anything in return really pisses me off!

Roman

Well this is the status of my order!

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 10/31/2009 12:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

OAK CREEK, WI, US 10/30/2009 10:05 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

10/30/2009 7:47 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

ELM GROVE, WI, US 10/30/2009 7:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

10/30/2009 6:49 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

US 10/30/2009 5:48 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It's funny that he "accidentally" put 70 count icicles instead of the 100 count that I ordered, happened to someone else as well. I still have no idea what else he is sending me at this point, as I have canceled half my order, but the shipping and billing email he sent me shows my whole order! Have not been charged anymore at this point.

Oh I forgot he was gracious enough to send them NDA on his dime, so that was cool. I was planning to buy what else I need this weekend, but will have to wait until I receive these to see what I get!

Roman

Someone mentioned awhile back that he moved into a bigger warehouse!

On a semi-related note, I took some software methodology training classes this past week. The website touted the classes at "<companyname> World Headquarters in Minneapolis". Turns out the class was in a small office above a coffee shop :) (the class itself was excellent, however, and included unlimited free drinks at the coffee shop so I was happy ;) )

On a semi-related note, I took some software methodology training classes this past week. The website touted the classes at "<companyname> World Headquarters in Minneapolis". Turns out the class was in a small office above a coffee shop :) (the class itself was excellent, however, and included unlimited free drinks at the coffee shop so I was happy ;) )

Ya Ya Ya, I get what your saying DAD, just really frustrating is all!

Does not matter how they look, or where they come from, or where they conduct business.

Roman

Ya Ya Ya, I get what your saying DAD, just really frustrating is all!

Does not matter how they look, or where they come from, or where they conduct business.

Roman

Sorry you took it that way -- I wasn't trying to make a point at all -- I just thought it was hilarious that they called their office over the coffee shop "world headquarters". :)

I do understand that you (and a lot of other folks) are frustrated. I *think* I have my whole order, but I only gave it a cursory glance -- didn't verify bulb counts or anything... Hope you get things straightened out ASAP :)

I think this topic is necessary because it let's me know I am not the only person who is having a problem. knowing that I can be more patient. In lieu of any other contact from the vendor I can tell from this forum that some people are being taken care of and I could be next. This forum also confirms that Travis is still in business which is also good information to know. The forum does not help to get your problems resolved faster but it does provide hope. It also let's people know that if you are about to place an order there may be a delay.

Chris A.

I have followed this thread since the begining. I have had problems with my order as well, but I have dealt with Travis for several years and have had nothing but complete satisfaction with his product and his customer service.

I think we are dealing with the business equivalent of the perfect storm. The shipment is late, the lights are apparently miss marked by the manufacturer and shipped and packed in random lots, Orders exceeded anticipated levels and Travis becomes ill. Give it a rest! Perhaps Travis hasn't replied to some because he can't as of yet, definitely give you an answer to your questions. There is still time....ranting does little good, and only fuels further rants.

I want to jump in here also. I too am a little nervous as I sent Travis a pallet of lights a little over a month ago to "help out on a city project" and have had a hard time getting a response from him on payment. I did talk to Travis this morning and he really has had a tough year. He was in the hospital two days this week with pneumonia. I don't condone the fact that he isn't responding to people but I really think he just got in over his head this year. Anyone that is not in our business can't believe how hectic it is this time of the year, especially if you are doing business the way he does (single item orders). As a friendly competitor, I have to say that Travis has high morals and is not here to do anyone bad. Give him a little more time and I'm sure he will do right by everyone. Godspeed Travis, and get well soon and for goodness sakes communicate with people as the alternative to that is people will think the worst if you don't!!!!

Thanks Paul. An update is an update, even if it does come from his competitor....LOL At least we know that he's still battling his health issues and not just ignoring us. LOL

An update on my order.... I got in touch with Travis on Friday via email on his contact us page. I asked about my order status and tracking info as my replacement light were to ship on Monday. As of Friday I had nothing. Travis replied and was very apologetic and was upset that they had actually not shipped out as promised. In light of his health issues, I guess he left it up to another employee to get the shipments ready and they didn't. Travis upgraded my packages to overnight, and they went out the door on Friday with a Monday delivery.

I want to jump in here also. I too am a little nervous as I sent Travis a pallet of lights a little over a month ago to "help out on a city project" and have had a hard time getting a response from him on payment. I did talk to Travis this morning and he really has had a tough year. He was in the hospital two days this week with pneumonia. I don't condone the fact that he isn't responding to people but I really think he just got in over his head this year. Anyone that is not in our business can't believe how hectic it is this time of the year, especially if you are doing business the way he does (single item orders). As a friendly competitor, I have to say that Travis has high morals and is not here to do anyone bad. Give him a little more time and I'm sure he will do right by everyone. Godspeed Travis, and get well soon and for goodness sakes communicate with people as the alternative to that is people will think the worst if you don't!!!!

Well said Paul. I am sure that everyone involved with selling Christmas stuff must be pushed to the max this time of the year. It has to be harder if you have to spend time in the hospital and have other people do the work for you. As many say "if I want it done right, I will do it myself"

Looks like I picked the wrong year to get into this. Not only do I have to worry about a 1st year show, I have to worry about not having the lights for my sequences! Just wish I knew if I am gonna have to spend hundreds of more $ locally to get what I need. I know its not the time of year to think about ME! I wish travis the best with his health issues. Its just a bummer when you go to the door everyday and there are no lights. Kinda like comin downstairs and no presents under the tree. Get well Trav.

Well I finally received my order yesterday from Travis.

I got most of my order. I have yet to test out the retro LED bulbs and all the strings to check them.

The only thing that was unfortunate for me is that Travis apparently doesn't have the 50 ct C6 strings that I ordered (6 strings of red and 6 strings of green) and he substituted M5 - 50 ct strings for them.

So I will have to see if there is anywhere I can find some C6 - 50 ct Holiday Creation strings.

Ohter than that the stuff is finally here!