LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

I ordered 8 total strings. After the second shipment, the order is still not right. I am still waiting. I too have offered to buy the one wrong colored string, but have not recieved a reply after 2 weeks of waiting. I need the correct colored string.

Steve

Time is running short.

Ya, I know what you mean by time running short ... I ordered 90+ strings, most of which I plan on using to build mini-trees, arches, etc. - this will be (or was going to be) my first big Christmas display. Already bought and assembled 4 LOR controllers, which will kind of be overkill if I don't get my order of LED lights in time. Kids are really excited about this years display, hope I don't have to let them down :(

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Just like everybody else my order was incomplete as well.

EXPLICITIVE!

Anyways, I'm out stringers, C9's , Twinklers... oh and he shipped 2 boxes as 2 "Separate" orders so when UPS showed up at the door they dinged me twice. $106 Worth of duty charges....

But, on a good note I sifted through a bunch of the incoming Paper work and I believe I have found his Home Phone Number. So needless to say I'll be phoning it every hour tomorrow until I get to the bottom of the rest of my lights.

I really hope everything shows up by Dec 1st or I'm going to have a lot of upset people.

On another good note I found a Canadian supplier that will be able to import lights from China to Canada and miss all the crap from the USA... THANK GOD!!!

-Evan

Stay tuned for more updates as the saga continues. EPIC THREAD!!!

Yikes!

I haven't been following PC in a while (my last login was 168 days ago) so I had no idea such a long thread about this existed!

I received my order and also got the check for incorrect count/color/flu email. When I checked those things everything was good. I didn't check anything else at that time.

Now, as they are going onto the house, I noticed something didn't look right. I clearly received two very different brands of LEDs in my order.

My order came in 4 boxes. 3 of the boxes arrived on one day, and the fourth arrived on another.

The three boxes which arrived on the first day all appear to be extremely low quality product (scratched tips, cracked pieces, MELTED rectifiers, burnt out LEDs, and a noticable flicker [more on that flicker in a moment]). Those in the three boxes have the S-2133 tag.

The fourth box which arrived on the second day entirely contained very high quality LEDs of a completely different design... and had Holiday Creations (Diogen) papers with them.

Some further investigation unraveled some of the details. If you look at the 6 digits following the "1Z" on the UPS tracking number, those digits are the "shipper ID", a unique identifier given to each shipper in the UPS database. Despite the from address being the same, the three boxes from the first arrival all had one shipper ID, but the fourth box had another. A few clicks later I discovered that the 3 boxes (all with the horrible LEDs) were shipped on Seasonal Impressions UPS account. The fourth box (with the correct/proper product) was actually drop shipped from "Reinders" account.

Now, back to that flicker I mentioned. I put one of the S-2133 sets on some test equipment and confirmed my suspicions... these are half wave strands (or only half functioning full wave ones), not full wave. The waveform was a simple "hump, gap, hump, gap" chacteristic of half wave rectification instead of the "hump, hump, hump, hump" that would be seen with full wave. Travis says this is impossible since some lengths I ordered were not available in half wave. My scope disagrees.

I'm not a happy camper. I went through the whole CDI fiasco last year, so when I ordered this year I specifically asked exactly who was making the LEDs I would be receiving this year. I made it clear that my order was based upon this answer. I was supposed to be getting high quality Holiday Creations (Diogen) LEDs. Clearly, once again, I did NOT get the product I ordered and instead got yet another cheap knockoff. I'm not even sure exactly what I did get... as others have noted, the numbers on the UL tag for the S-2133 sets are not valid.

So, instead of putting these onto the house, I had to run out and get a bunch of incandescent minis.

I'm not pleased. I've requested a refund.

Still waiting here..... Where are you at Travisquestionmark.gifhidesbehindsofa.gif

Well lets start with the positive. Except for the few problems noted below, the lights that I have recieved look great, nice and bright with no flicker. top.gifbeer.gif

I placed two orders both supposedly shipped at the same time. I recieved one order of 90 5mm strings almost two weeks ago. So far I have 3/25 orange strings with one dead led each, 25 unchecked yet. Also 3/25 blue strings with one dead led each, 25 unchecked yet. 1/10 red icicles with a missing/broken led and one dead led. These numbers don't include the strings that i was able to wiggle the dead leds back to life. All above strings are 70 ct full wave except for the icicles which are 100 ct.

So I'm waiting on 300 green c9, 25 red c9, 25 blue c9 and 10 strings of purple 5mm full wave.dontknow.gifhmmmm2.gifbanghead.gif

We're missing 18 strings of red M5s. No reply to four emails and two voice mail messages spread over 3 weeks doesn't fly.

I didn't think credit cards were supposed to be charged until product ships. It's been 8 weeks so it's too late to dispute the charge but I'll call anyway as $216 is too much to simply write off.

Two of six of the button multi strings I checked have two dead LEDs, one flickering (on and off) green, and one LED that didn't even have a case on it, just an LED on the end of bare wires!

While I hope the man is ok, this will probably be our last order with LED Holiday Lighting. There are too many other vendors to mess with one that has such spotty customer service.

I ordered from Val at Christmas-LEDs.com and would vouch for their product. Full wave c9 strings, beautiful and bright, tested for a month now on LOR and working wonderfully. I also received my order in 5 days with regular shipping. Had a few cracked lenses and had replacements OVERNIGHTED to me the next day. Great communication. I will be ordering from them again next year. I feel terrible for all you guys, so sorry this is all messed up and I sincerely hope you all receive what you need in time for this season.

Travis had a niche in that he had excellent (for LED) prices and the ability to order piecemeal. Paul's prices and product are comparable, but ordering full cases is a big drawback for smaller displays. Some of the other vendors mentioned in this thread are as much as 4x or more of Paul and Travis' presale prices. I simply cannot afford $25 for a 70-count LED string, no matter how good the service.

I really hope Travis comes back with a really good explanation for all of this, or that Paul starts splitting cases, or my LED options will be limited...

Travis had a niche in that he had excellent (for LED) prices and the ability to order piecemeal. Paul's prices and product are comparable, but ordering full cases is a big drawback for smaller displays. Some of the other vendors mentioned in this thread are as much as 4x or more of Paul and Travis' presale prices. I simply cannot afford $25 for a 70-count LED string, no matter how good the service.

I really hope Travis comes back with a really good explanation for all of this, or that Paul starts splitting cases, or my LED options will be limited...

Tim,

I couldn't have said it any better or agree with you more! Now, if I could just get the lights I already ordered.....

More wilds news...

The end-to-end female connector on the S-2133 sets does not output AC! It is outputing half wave 115V DC and 0V AC! The female AC connector is rectified!

Since the rectifier was probably only designed for the load of itself [edit: itself=the one string], there are quite a few safety issues with this, so do not plug anything other than a limited number of LED strands into the ends of these. Plug in too much and the rectifier will overheat (with risk of fire).

Edited by Michael Miller

More wilds news...

The end-to-end female connector on the S-2133 sets does not output AC! It is outputing half wave 115V DC and 0V AC! The female AC connector is rectified!

Since the rectifier was probably only designed for the load of itself, there are quite a few safety issues with this, so do not plug anything other than a limited number of LED strands into the ends of these. Plug in too much and the rectifier will overheat (with risk of fire).

Are those the Holiday Creations M5 LEDs? Or the other M5 LED stringers? Or something else? Usually the Holiday Creations have a number like 41611, which would be M5 LED blue. Edited by B_Regal78

More wilds news...

Since the rectifier was probably only designed for the load of itself [edit: itself=the one string], there are quite a few safety issues with this, so do not plug anything other than a limited number of LED strands into the ends of these. Plug in too much and the rectifier will overheat (with risk of fire).

Yes, more info please on what strings you're referring to.

I see your site says you noticed quality control issues with Seasonal Impressions LEDs. What issues did you have?

John

What I ordered from Travis was Holiday Creations full wave LEDs.

What I received was a mixture of some Holiday Creations product and some very unsatisfactory knock offs which have an identification tage of "S-2133". It is the knock off LEDs which are having these issues.

Travis' claim is that I could not have received anything but the Holiday Creations product because some of the lengths I ordered (100L and 35L) were not available in anything else. However, what I have here is clearly not the same as the Holiday Creations LEDs that I also have (the S-2133 sets are a far inferior product). All of the numbers on the tags come up invalid with UL for these inferior sets, whereas Holiday Creations has a practice of not forging the UL tags.

The discussion here seems to indicate that I am not the only one who received something other than the Holiday Creations LEDs which I ordered.

All of the numbers on the tags come up invalid with UL for these inferior sets, whereas Holiday Creations has a practice of not forging the UL tags.

Are you sure abuot the invalid UL number? As I noted (much) earlier in the thread, UL numbers start with 'E', not 'S'. Somone posted what they thought was an invalid number earlier, but it turned out they were trying to look it up with the 'S' number. When I used the 'E' number on my lights, it came up with a valid record for a Chinese LED company.

I will, however, be putting a meter on my lights to see if I'm getting AC or DC :)

About half of the lights I received from Travis didn't have ANY tags of ANY kind. No UL, no California cancer warning, no spare fuses, NO NOTHING !

And it looked liked they had been unbundled and very sloppy job of reinstalling the twist tie, (the ones that even had twist ties, some didn't)

Thank goodness most of the lights I ordered, (and never did receive the correct lights), were for a 4th July project next year.

This is the second year my orders were screwed up, I've learned my lesson with this vendor.

I don't post here very often but this time I'm worried. I have received all of my light sets that I ordered from Travis and so far they have all worked and looked very good. I ordered 20 sets of C6 Strawberry Full Wave 100ct warm whites and they have tested 100% but they all have gold UL labels marked S-2133. Now when I say tested 100% that means they were plugged into a LOR controller 1 set per channel and ran thru several cycles of a test sequence for a couple hours to verify their ability to fade etc. Now I have not plugged them end to end yet, is this going to be a problem? I had a few problems last year with the rectifiers going out in a blaze of glory (which were all taken care of by the vendor). These were going to be used to line a drive and sidewalks so that I could save some power but if it looks like they may overload I'm not going to use them and I'll send them back. Did anybody else purchase the 100ct C-6's and if so are you having any problems?

Thanks in advance........

John Poore

Houston