LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

Just like the previous post, I too am new to computerized lighting this year. I too did some research and narrowed it down to two vendors, Paul and Travis. And unfortunately, I also choose Travis for the same reason - I only wanted to order what I needed this year.

Of the 100+ strings I ordered, I only recieved about 1/4 the amount of strings and none that I received were what I ordered but was billed for my entire order. My first email to Travis was answered quickly and that he would correct it ASAP, but nothing. About a month later I got another answer to my emails saying it was a mess but it would be corrected that day, still nothing. The last 7 weeks and 12 emails laters, I've not received a response. I've make all sort of offers to try to resolve the this issue, including offering to buy the wrong LEDs he shipped me and have him just ship me my original order; or accepting a refund minus the wrong LEDs he has shipped me. All I really want is to feel like I've got resolution on the order - I don't think that is asking too much...

On the other hand, and a positive note, last week I had to make another order from CDI (I ordered some of the closeout items) to make sure I had lights for this years display. Paul had them shipped out the next morning and I received them that week - there was even an issue with the original order (he sent 70ct instead of 100ct on a couple items) and he had corrected shipments sent out the next day. Day and Night difference in resolving a similar issue.

I still have hope that Travis makes good on resolving my order ... and I'll post if he does - at this point I don't even care if it makes Christmas, I just don't want to be out $1000+ in orders.

Edited by eluttmann
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just like the previous post, I too am new to computerized lighting this year. I too did some research and narrowed it down to two vendors, Paul and Travis. And unfortunately, I also choose Travis for the same reason - I only wanted to order what I needed this year.

Of the 100+ strings I ordered, I only recieved about 1/4 the amount of strings and none that I received were what I ordered but was billed for my entire order. My first email to Travis was answered quickly and that he would correct it ASAP, but nothing. About a month later I got another answer to my emails saying it was a mess but it would be corrected that day, still nothing. The last 7 weeks and 12 emails laters, I've not received a response. I've make all sort of offers to try to resolve the this issue, including offering to buy the wrong LEDs he shipped me and have him just ship me my original order; or accepting a refund minus the wrong LEDs he has shipped me. All I really want is to feel like I've got resolution on the order - I don't think that is asking too much...

On the other hand, and a positive note, last week I had to make another order from CDI (I ordered some of the closeout items) to make sure I had lights for this years display. Paul had them shipped out the next morning and I received them that week - there was even an issue with the original order (he sent 70ct instead of 100ct on a couple items) and he had corrected shipments sent out the next day. Day and Night difference in resolving a similar issue.

I still have hope that Travis makes good on resolving my order ... and I'll post if he does - at this point I don't even care if it makes Christmas, I just don't want to be out $1000+ in orders.

If you don't mind, what is the website for CDI? I would like to go there and see what is available or still on clearance.

Thanks.

It's been a few weeks since I posted. I'm going to look at all my strings tomorrow and see if I too have any of the faulty rectifier strings now. So far I've only plugged a few strings directly into the outlet and not end-to-end.

Also, Travis promised my a refund on my icicle lights, and it's now been 3 weeks since he said the charge-back would be applied to my credit card and it has not.

***EDIT*** Travis already replied to my email and said it "should be" taken care of tomorrow..... We'll see...

Update to my post last night....

As of this evening - No credit or refund has been submitted from Travis or received by my credit card company. I'll give it to the end of the day tomorrow and if there is no change, heads will roll!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

there are 43 pages on here now and no response from him at all. I would think he would have come on here and say something, but if you havent recevied your lights yet and paid by credit card i would call them as fast as you could. what a joke this person is and feel sorry for eveyone who ordered lights from him.

For the life of me, I don't know what happened. For many of you this is the first dealings that you have had with Travis, and as such, the basis for your wrath. I on the other hand have ordered from him the last three years and have never had anything but absolutely fantastic product, delivery and above all customer service. There were problems with my order as well this year, although resolved to the point that the show won't suffer, I certainly feel everyone's pain and I hope that all will get worked out soon. As I have said, I can only judge Travis based on my experiences in dealing with him and I have to look at this years problems as an aberration and not a business standard. That being said......"Lucy, you got some splaining to do" and hopefully forthwith.

Last year I placed an order with Travis online and somehow the order got lost! After reading the initial posts on this thread this year, I emailed Travis more than 10 times and left him voicemails... never got one returned! When someone is ready to place an order for thousands of dollars, one would think who is in business to make money - they would call the customer back.

This year after reading lots of good things about Paul at CDI... I placed my order with him. Paul has been absolutely the best.... I highly recommend him and CDI --- they are #1 in the business in my opinion!!!

I go live tonight and still have not received 90% of my order. The bad part is that I gave away or sold all of the lights that go on my house. I expected to have LEDs to replace them. The display just doesn't look the same without lights on the house:mad:

I started trying to contact Travis on Monday to cancel my order and get a refund. I still have not received a response(not that I expected to). :confused:

If i didnt get my lights by now i would want a 50% off my order or my money back. If he is not posting here then that is a shame. I own my own bmx company and i would never do this to no one. I would at least come on here and explain what happened and give people there money back. Well lets see him sell lights next year only a fool would order from him again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got this email tonight. The nerve.

"Greetings,

LED Holiday Lighting would like to extend a huge sale to everyone. These are a lot of our overstock items and they are up to 50% off. Quantities are limited on some SKU items, but we have a lot of great items to choose from. If your order is over $500 we will ship for free (we will remove the shipping after order is placed)

Thanks and Happy Holidays

LED Holiday Lighitng"

I got the same email tonight as well, and I too am still waiting for some sort of resolution to the order I placed in Feburary...

Yeah, UNREAL!! All I can do it laugh! I'd be pissed though if I didn't have everything from him, like several of you here. That's just unreal!

Wow. Talk about bad timing, I don't even know where to start with that. I didn't have an order or anything, but have been following the drama, and just wow. Could this be considered an epic FAIL?

Got this email tonight. The nerve.

"Greetings,

LED Holiday Lighting would like to extend a huge sale to everyone. These are a lot of our overstock items and they are up to 50% off. Quantities are limited on some SKU items, but we have a lot of great items to choose from. If your order is over $500 we will ship for free (we will remove the shipping after order is placed)

Thanks and Happy Holidays

LED Holiday Lighitng"

In the light of everything that has happened, do they literally mean that they will remove the shipping after the order is placed? As in, no need to worry about shipping, because the order won't be shipped!

LED HOLIDAY LIGHTING

is a joke! Says one thing then does another. How can you say oh yes that's shipped when in fact it probably never shipped. How can you issue a refund a week ago and NOT have it appear on the customers Credit Card. How can you send out a sale reminder to people and expect them to want to purchase anything from you.

Nope, I'm sorry Travis but, I will never do business with you again and unfortunately will be spreading the word to everyone else that I know to do the same...

Too bad.

Are these details still accurate for him?

Travis Fremming

Address:

864 Bridle Creek Dr

Jordan MN 55352 US

Phone Number 1: 1-952-239-8086

Phone Number 2: 1-952-292-4870

Phone Number 3: 1-888-657-6510

email 1: [email protected]

Thank you for listing his phone numbers. I called all three of them and had to leave messages as nobody amswered any of the phones. (That itself should send up a red flag??). Anyways, he still owes me 2 sets of white icices but has not made good on any of his promises. I left him messages on all three phones that he still owes me icicles and if he dosen't follow through (which I don't think he will) then he will leave me no recourse to file a claim with my credit card company. Sorry Travis, you dug your own grave!!