LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

satuthill

LED HOLIDAY LIGHTING

is a joke! Says one thing then does another. How can you say oh yes that's shipped when in fact it probably never shipped. How can you issue a refund a week ago and NOT have it appear on the customers Credit Card. How can you send out a sale reminder to people and expect them to want to purchase anything from you.

Nope, I'm sorry Travis but, I will never do business with you again and unfortunately will be spreading the word to everyone else that I know to do the same...

Too bad.

It can take a little longer than a week sometimes before it shows up. Call your CC company and see if it has been refunded.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too an STILL waiting for a refund. I called Travis 3 times about it and he said it has been sent, he even provided me with the transaction code to prove it..... BUT 1-2 weeks later is STILL has not shown up on my credit card.

My credit card company said refund can actually take 3-4 weeks to appear in your account. They told me since I was in week #2 that I can call back every day and have them search for it in the system. Once it hits 4 weeks and there still is not refund, that will be the final straw and I will contact a lawyer and file papers in small claims court. I'll even ask the courts if I could serve him personally, just so I can kick his..........

*EDIT* Well, low and behold I check my statement this morning and there is my refund. From the info the bank told me, they never received the credit request until a full week after Travis states he processed it. Then it took another 3 days for Visa to apply it to my account.

From my end the whole order process from Travis (a.k.a. Seasonal Impressions, a.k.a. LEDHolidayLighting.com) is complete. However, the bad taste is in my mouth and the lasting "impression" from him is burned into my mind and probably will never go away. I may try to order a few small non-essential display items for next year from him and take him up on his free shipping offer, but that will be it. I hope to only add a few things to my display and change some incandescents to LED's, and if that stuff does not arrive it won't keep me from being able to setup in 2010. I surely hope I don't have to replace my entire display in the near future like I did this year. I would hope these lights last me 5-10 years with only minor issues. my lest lights lasted well over 7 years (2 at a condo and 5 at our house), and they were store bought grade lights.

I wish everyone else good luck in your pursuit of missing lights and/or refunds. Keep on top of Travis, and make him accountable for his short-comings with this years orders.

Edited by rgroves

The sad thing about all of this is that the lights I received from Travis are awesome. I couldn't be more happy about them -- they're simply beautiful. I worry that by posting this it's going to rub people the wrong way, as if I'm rubbing in that I didn't have bad issues with my order -- but that's definitely not my intent. I'm simply saying it's too bad we have a vendor selling quality product at decent prices, by the string, but it's going to be hard to trust this vendor in the future, even though I personally didn't have major issues with my order... Paul, if you're reading this, PLEASE consider selling LED strings by the piece instead of by the case -- even if there was a minor upcharge for doing so...

Paul, if you're reading this, PLEASE consider selling LED strings by the piece instead of by the case -- even if there was a minor upcharge for doing so...

That ain't going to happen - sorry, but I really think that is one of the things that got Travis so messed up. It wouldn't surprise me if you don't see that (the ala cart ordering) from him next year.

That ain't going to happen - sorry, but I really think that is one of the things that got Travis so messed up. It wouldn't surprise me if you don't see that (the ala cart ordering) from him next year.

Well, I tried :) It's just hard to buy a product in quantities of 12, with the prices involved, without having orders over $1000. Which is good for you, I guess ;)

I might try to get a MN Co-op going, if there's any other "small order" guys in the area who might want to order from you. We'll see, closer to the pre-order...

rgroves --- Yup -- finally got my refund today too. I think he batch refunds all of his CC stuff. Perhaps they all go out on a certain day and then it takes a few days to process. I work for a local company in town and know that Most CC refunds only take a few business days to process. So I'm thinking that his system must be batch fed and only goes out every so often.

Anyways, crappy experience, lousy communication has led me to never buy from him again.

Pity really... and no offense to Paul but, it burns me when i get stuff from Paul as well.

Paul has it together don't get me wrong. Good product, A-1 Communication, quick billing and shipping however, his method of shipping makes me walk funny for a few days. It's not HIS fault, it's UPS and that's an entirely different animal. UPS is great if you live in the USA but, outside of that UPS makes you walk funny after they drop something off from the states.

Take my last order. I bought $76 worth of lights (including shipping) from Paul. 50 C9 Bulbs.

Quickly and promptly got to my door with tracking and all. UPS Guy comes to the door and says that will be $43 dollars please. So now my order is $119 for 50 lights...

So needless to say UPS isn't very nice and I know why Paul uses them it just really irks me is all....

Ok off my chest going outside to oggle the lights....

-Evan

Thats the famous UPS brokerage fee, don't worry when I lived up in Alberta I got hit with it a couple of times, it all BS

rgroves --- Yup -- finally got my refund today too. I think he batch refunds all of his CC stuff. Perhaps they all go out on a certain day and then it takes a few days to process. I work for a local company in town and know that Most CC refunds only take a few business days to process. So I'm thinking that his system must be batch fed and only goes out every so often.

Anyways, crappy experience, lousy communication has led me to never buy from him again.

Pity really... and no offense to Paul but, it burns me when i get stuff from Paul as well.

Paul has it together don't get me wrong. Good product, A-1 Communication, quick billing and shipping however, his method of shipping makes me walk funny for a few days. It's not HIS fault, it's UPS and that's an entirely different animal. UPS is great if you live in the USA but, outside of that UPS makes you walk funny after they drop something off from the states.

Take my last order. I bought $76 worth of lights (including shipping) from Paul. 50 C9 Bulbs.

Quickly and promptly got to my door with tracking and all. UPS Guy comes to the door and says that will be $43 dollars please. So now my order is $119 for 50 lights...

So needless to say UPS isn't very nice and I know why Paul uses them it just really irks me is all....

Ok off my chest going outside to oggle the lights....

-Evan

Travis actually made good!!!

After receiving his email a few days ago, I sent him a reply that I would not be ordering any more lights until my order from the spring of 09 gets corrected. He still owed me 2 strings of white icicles from the pre order sale. Someone had posted three sets of telephone numbers for his business and I believe perhaps one of them may have been his home?? Nobody answered any of the numbers, but I left messages on all three lines that he still owes me two sets of icicles.

Yes, I had a few orders from the presale which actually were terribly screwed up(wrong colors sent, etc) but he did indicate a few days ago that he thought that everything was ok. I indicated that he still owed me 2 sets of icicles and hew promised in his email that he would send them out overnight.

Well low and behold, Fedex or ups?? dropped off on my porch this morning a small box from LED Holiday lighting that had two sets of white icicles in them!!! Travis now owes me nothing!!

The sad part about this is I had ordered 12 each of gold 100CT and 12 each of orange 100 ct icicles. Both are full wave and both totally ROCK!! As far as I'm aware, nobody sells gold and orange icicles. These sets are totally cool. These are both 100ct each and both are full wave. I wish I ordered two or three dozen more!!Many times I indicated to Travis that I wanted more of these but he never followed through. Go figure??? I ended up making my own Gold icicles by ty-wrapping regular strands of 70 CT. full wave sets.

In the end I did not get ripped off but did go through a lot of frustration. My halloween display needed more orange icicles and Travis never followed through. I would of easily bought another case of both the orange and gold icicles. As far as I can tell, he still does not sell these?? Why??

Will I order from him again, not sure but since he is the only supplier of gold and orange icicles, I suppose that If things get better, I will order these lights again. These icicles are longer than traditional 70 count strings and are very bright. The gold icicles totally rock!! They look magical!!

Thank you Travis!! Merry Christmas to all. --Greg in Highlands Ranch Colorado

Paul, Thanks for the heads up. I got a feeling you got perfect timing and will be pretty busy next year. Co-op sounds good but I'm out of Franks Area.

There might be a co-op in California so hold tight. I know BDEDITCH is working on the details right now and I believe the order deadline will be around March with a September or October Delivery

In the end I did not get ripped off but did go through a lot of frustration. My halloween display needed more orange icicles and Travis never followed through. I would of easily bought another case of both the orange and gold icicles. As far as I can tell, he still does not sell these?? Why??

Will I order from him again, not sure but since he is the only supplier of gold and orange icicles, I suppose that If things get better, I will order these lights again. These icicles are longer than traditional 70 count strings and are very bright. The gold icicles totally rock!! They look magical!!

Thank you Travis!! Merry Christmas to all. --Greg in Highlands Ranch Colorado

I don't know about gold, but Val has orange icicles on Christmas-leds.com, 120 count full wave. I haven't bought anything from her yet, but have only heard rave reviews.

I will totally vouch for Val and Christmas LEDs.com. I made the decision to invest in some higher quality strings for the roof and the new mega tree. I grew up with C9's and have the best memories of being up on the roof with my dad clipping each bulb so they would be straight and REALLY wanted C9 LEDs. I don't know if this has changed but at the time CDI didn't have C9's. I didn't find them in the pre-order info Paul released for next year either. I ordered 50' full wave strings of C9 LEDs, bulb spacing every 5.5" and LOVE them. They are amazingly bright and appear well constructed. Like many of these lights I had a few loose covers that were easily glued back on and hadd one cracked housing that I siliconed and zip tied. I also ordered 10 of the shorter "around the door and windows" strings to use for the mega tree. I had one string missing a cover. I e-mailed Val and had a reply in 20 minutes that replacement covers would be overnighted! It wasn't a big deal, I ordered them this spring and didn't need to use them until Thanksgiving but was VERY impressed with their communication, customer service, even their pricing. I know it's maybe not as cheap as Paul or Travis could do, but often you get what you pay for. I have been very happy with my purchase and will be placing next year's order during their spring sale. BTW, These are the brightest and most vibrant strings of RED that I have ever seen!

3813551480_052b6335b9_b.jpg

Update:

Travis promised to send my C7 retrofits overnight as well, and sure enough they arrived yesterday.

I installed 109 of them and one of them had a bent base (slightly collapsed), but the others worked. I had ordered 120, and Travis sent me 125 (5 full boxes). He also sent a followup email with tracking info and apologized for the "delay/snafu".

So, I'm good.

Jason

looks like the same type of lights i got from Travis this year

I will totally vouch for Val and Christmas LEDs.com. I made the decision to invest in some higher quality strings for the roof and the new mega tree. I grew up with C9's and have the best memories of being up on the roof with my dad clipping each bulb so they would be straight and REALLY wanted C9 LEDs. I don't know if this has changed but at the time CDI didn't have C9's. I didn't find them in the pre-order info Paul released for next year either. I ordered 50' full wave strings of C9 LEDs, bulb spacing every 5.5" and LOVE them. They are amazingly bright and appear well constructed. Like many of these lights I had a few loose covers that were easily glued back on and hadd one cracked housing that I siliconed and zip tied. I also ordered 10 of the shorter "around the door and windows" strings to use for the mega tree. I had one string missing a cover. I e-mailed Val and had a reply in 20 minutes that replacement covers would be overnighted! It wasn't a big deal, I ordered them this spring and didn't need to use them until Thanksgiving but was VERY impressed with their communication, customer service, even their pricing. I know it's maybe not as cheap as Paul or Travis could do, but often you get what you pay for. I have been very happy with my purchase and will be placing next year's order during their spring sale. BTW, These are the brightest and most vibrant strings of RED that I have ever seen!

3813551480_052b6335b9_b.jpg

I'm still mystified by what happened with Travis, and very sympathetic to those who didn't get their lights.

I had placed two large pre-orders with him, one on his website earlier and the second one in May at the California CACL event in Sacramento. While I had my issues with delivery and some missing items, I was able to get it resolved by contacting Travis via email a time or two and he shipped the balance of lights not too long after the initial delivery. We may be off by a string or two in either direction, but it worked out, and I'm happy. I did have to talk to him via phone because I had a credit card expiration issue.

The quality of the lights has been good so far, and I've had very few DOA or operational failures. So, I made a third order for some Halloween lights in mid-October, and they arrived promptly. After his recent email for the sale, I bought some net lights I needed and a few more strings to round out my stock for the off-season. They also arrived promptly.

I'm still scratching my head about what happened over the last few months. For those of you who still have outstanding orders with Travis, I would say not to give up and contact him again to let him know that you haven't received your order (even if you've already done it several times). When I met Travis in May, he seemed like such a nice person that I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. I'm hoping that he'll pop back in and finally clear up the mystery and let everyone know what happened and what he's going to do moving forward for his customers...

He did come through for me with my orders, and that's my only experience....For now, I'm happy with the lights and service received from Travis, but I'm still scratching my head...

Hey Randy,

I'm done beating my head against the wall trying to contact him. It's infuriating to get no reply and who needs that stress? He replied to this thread (was #6 actually) so he should be getting these replies if he's still subscribed to it. He knows how to contact us about our order.

I had to re-purchase the strings we were missing and am also out the original $$$ I paid him so they ended up costing double what they should have.

That doesn't even include the issue of the cheap knock-offs that the rectifier gets hot on after 5 minutes of operation. That also chaps my hide.

I've been pretty quiet during this seasons light problems with Travis. I had to order 24 strings of c6's at the last minute to get my megatree up. Travis contacted me an said he would get the 20 strings I ordered to me. Waited almost a week. No lights. I sent him an email detailing what I'm missing and that I no longer need the c6's he didn't send me. No reply. Funny thing is I've been telling him that I have 20 white strings of m5's that I didn't order. It's not quite a wash, but what can you do. My real question is the blue I received doesn't really ramp up or fade just sort of pops on and off. Seems to me that after all the led problems over the last couple of years. I should just use cheap mini lights and hire an electrician to upgrade my electrical to support it.

I've been pretty quiet during this seasons light problems with Travis. I had to order 24 strings of c6's at the last minute to get my megatree up. Travis contacted me an said he would get the 20 strings I ordered to me. Waited almost a week. No lights. I sent him an email detailing what I'm missing and that I no longer need the c6's he didn't send me. No reply. Funny thing is I've been telling him that I have 20 white strings of m5's that I didn't order. It's not quite a wash, but what can you do. My real question is the blue I received doesn't really ramp up or fade just sort of pops on and off. Seems to me that after all the led problems over the last couple of years. I should just use cheap mini lights and hire an electrician to upgrade my electrical to support it.
You might want to read this thread - it's one of the best I've seen and it might help you...

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=37562