LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not given up but I have been trying to contact him for over 6 weeks:mad:. He is not answering his phone, returning calls, or answering E-mails. This has now went on way to long to just be bad customer service. Accepting money in return for preforming a service or providing a product and then failing to preform that service or deliver the product is fraud. That is what this is starting to look like. I hope I am wrong but when I look at this it is no different than convincing someone to invest in a company that does not exist, or selling propriety they do not own. I challenge Travis to contact me and prove me wrong. If he does I will post an update.

I find it interesting that Travis has time to Post a dozen messages on face book about his business but does not have time to answer the phone or an E-mail. It would take almost no time for him to post in this thread. I think most people on PC are understanding and would work with him on any problems he is having but for us to do this needs to come out of the woodwork.

I'm still mystified by what happened with Travis, and very sympathetic to those who didn't get their lights.

I had placed two large pre-orders with him, one on his website earlier and the second one in May at the California CACL event in Sacramento. While I had my issues with delivery and some missing items, I was able to get it resolved by contacting Travis via email a time or two and he shipped the balance of lights not too long after the initial delivery. We may be off by a string or two in either direction, but it worked out, and I'm happy. I did have to talk to him via phone because I had a credit card expiration issue.

The quality of the lights has been good so far, and I've had very few DOA or operational failures. So, I made a third order for some Halloween lights in mid-October, and they arrived promptly. After his recent email for the sale, I bought some net lights I needed and a few more strings to round out my stock for the off-season. They also arrived promptly.

I'm still scratching my head about what happened over the last few months. For those of you who still have outstanding orders with Travis, I would say not to give up and contact him again to let him know that you haven't received your order (even if you've already done it several times). When I met Travis in May, he seemed like such a nice person that I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. I'm hoping that he'll pop back in and finally clear up the mystery and let everyone know what happened and what he's going to do moving forward for his customers...

He did come through for me with my orders, and that's my only experience....For now, I'm happy with the lights and service received from Travis, but I'm still scratching my head...

I can't believe that some have recieved all their lights and some still haven't. While I had issues with my orders they were resolved after some e-mails back and forth. I have to say that it wasn't exactly easy to get a response every time but sometimes it was. At this point I'm satisfied but left wondering why some people have been taken care of while some have not. As it stands now I have some bad strings but i also owe him some money. I'm just waiting untill after christmas when things have settled down a bit to settle up and pay in full.

Wow. That explains a lot. I wish we were hearing it from Travis though.
everyone here in one way or another..

I agree. I just wish he would have said something here. I know its none of our business but it seems to affect everyone here in one way or another.

I had ordered from Travis this year for the first time and was also affected by the problems he was having. I received most of what I had ordered but I was reluctant to post any comments in this forum about remaining lights to be shipped, considering there must be a hidden issue affecting what was happening with a business that certainly appeared to be very positive in previous postings. I can only imagine that he was hoping this issue would be resolved before it would start affecting his customers this year. Having to take someone to court for unpaid bills is no fun and it must have been difficult to do and not have it affect your Christmas spirit. During the whole time leading up to this, I can understand that anyone may think the issue could be resolved "next week", or maybe the next, and that they could get back to business as normal. Well, the weeks stretched on and it wasn't resolved. I can only speculate why he didn't want to mention the problem here. No-one really wants to post their problems with a suspicion in the back of their mind that others will think it's just a pity party to cover up other problems. He may have thought there wouldn't be any support here, I don't know. Perhaps he's a bit shy. I know I am. I believe he will eventually say something here, now that the word is out. If I lived any closer and could take vacation, I'd go up there and help him out.

I can respect that if he is dealing with a lawsuit and a lawyer, he may have just kept quiet until this is settled. On the other hand a heads up that legal issues were going on would have been nice for some of you, that part I still dont understand, maybe he is just that overwhelmed.

I can respect that if he is dealing with a lawsuit and a lawyer, he may have just kept quiet until this is settled. On the other hand a heads up that legal issues were going on would have been nice for some of you, that part I still dont understand, maybe he is just that overwhelmed.

I have my full order, so I probably should sit tight and shut up. But...

Travis was aware of this thread, yet he chose not to post anything in the past 2 months or more. Not sure how the lawsuit affected that...

A number of you paid money and got no product. I'm not sure how that's any different than Travis shipping product and not getting paid. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't see how one can be too busy to not answer your email messages or phone calls. Ignoring customers do not make problems go away.

There's also the inconsistency of him telling us he had hired multiple people to fill orders, and telling the news story he could only afford to hire one employee.

Just some thoughts. I'm not a fan of vendors just "going missing" with people's money, regardless of the circumstances. Even if the proprietor dies, there needs to be a contingency plan in place.

Just some thoughts. I'm not a fan of vendors just "going missing" with people's money, regardless of the circumstances. Even if the proprietor dies, there needs to be a contingency plan in place.

I completely agree with you, no matter what the circumstance if you want to run a successful business, this has to be something you think of

Personally, I feel bad for him, I'm guessing he thought informing us about the lawsuit might mean a loss of customers, afraid of buying from him because he wouldn't be able to ship all of the orders without help.

Turns out he had too many orders and it killed his company anyway...

I wish the best of luck for him... However he's going to have to "come clean" on these boards before I and probably many people buy from him again.

Wow, interesting piece of news. Definitely puts things in perspective.

I have an interesting issue that came up with a Led Holiday Lighting order. We ordered several M5 70 count light strands in different colors. While testing we saw one of the blue strands was defective. IE sometimes it would work, other times only half the strand would come on. On close inspection all the strings appeared to be all identical, except for the blue one. It did not have any of the three rectifier or warts we've seen in every other LED strand we have received from LED Holiday lighting or CDI.

Is this at all possible on a Full wave string? Or is a manufacturing flaw in the product and the cause of the malfunction?

The one thing we through was weird is that when the package arrived, most of the strands were just in tie-wrapped bundles (as normal), but two of them were in a retail Holiday creations box. The blue one with the missing rectifiers was one of the boxed sets. The other boxed strand had rectifiers and looked identical to the tie-wrapped strands in every way.

Edited by ArtieMcD

I have my full order, so I probably should sit tight and shut up. But...

Travis was aware of this thread, yet he chose not to post anything in the past 2 months or more. Not sure how the lawsuit affected that...

A number of you paid money and got no product. I'm not sure how that's any different than Travis shipping product and not getting paid. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't see how one can be too busy to not answer your email messages or phone calls. Ignoring customers do not make problems go away.

There's also the inconsistency of him telling us he had hired multiple people to fill orders, and telling the news story he could only afford to hire one employee.

Agree 100%! Communication is key in all facets of our lives and when thousands of dollars are at stake and the reputation of a business and the people involved, well it simply was a bad way to go about it and "disappear" and to CHOOSE to NOT communicate. I think we can all understand mistakes and oversights and they frustrate us all. But communication and accountability right up front would have gone a long way in keeping your customer base happy and the possibility of them returning for future purchases. I'm not really sure how he can recover from something like this unless his customer base has significant depth. Time will tell I guess.

I can tell you this...I have followed this thread from the beginning and did not take part in the pre-order. I had planned on it, but just decided to hold off this year. Well, when the December Sales Event posted recently, I was comfortable testing the waters to order a small handful of strings (6) to round out my display. Well, 2 are defective and I have now emailed Travis 4 times in about an 8 day period and I have received the same response that many others have - NONE. So while I may not be in the same boat as many others here with a ton of product missing and out significant dollars, it really became clear to me to not do business in the future based on my simple order etc. The order was processed timely, and arrived fairly quickly. If you are overwhelmed, take a step back and take care of what's on your plate before trying to bring in new business. And if you receive new business, well you might want to take care of those for the sake of rebuilding your customer base.

My conclusion to my own experience is that if he cannot handle what is currently on his plate, and then offers to clear out product through a special event and he is still not be able to communicate with those customers, then there really is a problem. I mean here I am, not a pre-order customer, and if I wasn't a PC member probably would not even know about the major issues outstanding. So essentially being a new customer, and seeing his sale and deciding to make a purchase without any previous knowledge and come to find that 4 emails went unanswered, well, that would be the end of dealing with that business. I took the chance to order those handful of strings knowing the other issues, but it is now clear to me that no reason or excuse will justify my future business. And I have to wonder, will there still even be a business up and running in 2010? It might explain the disregard to communicate.

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope everyone gets their issue(s) resolved!

Here is the link to a reply from Travis. I'm guessing he's feeling pretty whipped by now and I'm hoping he'll get some support to rebuild his business. So many here have replied that they wished he would have responded back. I, too, felt ignored about some issues with my order, but now that he's responded back and we know what an ugly situation with which he was dealing, perhaps we all can put aside some of the mistakes that were made, learn from them, and get back into the Christmas spirit. Based on an impression of how bad he feels about this whole situation, I can understand it would be difficult to face the disappointments of his customers and the responses in this thread. I'm willing to give him some time to get this resolved and will then consider giving him another chance on anything I might need for 2010 display. (Yes, I'm planning it already)

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=38387

• 9 months later...

After repeatedly asking via facebook (and getting the questions erased) for the last two weeks about when my order would ship Travis finally shipped my SPT items that have been in since Sept 7, 2010. Today is Sept 29, 2010.

Travis if you are reading the forums here thank you for finally sending the items I ordered.

If Travis sent $67,000 worth of the same junk to Rob Schlosser that he sent to lots of us, it's no wonder he didn't get paid. I bet quantities were incorrect as well.

I would dispute the invoice too.

Posting an apology doesn't cut it. I never saw it until now. He must have a record of buyers since he still sends out emails. He's received tons of phone calls. He knows who he has wronged. Time for some refunds and/or product.

He says he's not reading this thread. Too bad. This thread is a record of some of the people he still owes money and lights to. I take it he has no intention of fixing any of that. His "I'm sorry" doesn't count as a refund.

John

~Edit~ The story says Seasonal Impressions has a B+ rating with the Better business Bureau. Sure looks like an "F" to me.

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/decoration-contractors-party-convention/seasonal-impressions-in-jordan-mn-96016250

Edited by jbc455

If you received a tracking number from Travis this week.... they should be moving now. Got mine Monday, and it started to move yesterday around noon. Travis told me that everything was in the box minus the dripping Ice Lights (the retro's). They are still in transit.

Has anyone received C9 led, I order back in August and still have not received them. No returns to my phone calls!

That's what I'm waiting for. Sent an email Yesterday, got a reply today stating they were Picked and will ship out on Monday. I ordered Mine in February... We will see.

Tim

That's what I'm waiting for. Sent an email Yesterday, got a reply today stating they were Picked and will ship out on Monday. I ordered Mine in February... We will see.

Tim

WOW, you must be one of the lucky ones to get a reply, especially so fast. Still waiting for a reply to months of emails.....

I still haven't received a reply to the email I sent on October 2nd requesting an update on the shipping which was promised the week of September 20th, nor to the email I sent yesterday requesting a status update on my order which I made in February of this year. I guess the only person I have to blame is myself for believing that everyone can make a mistake and usually deserves a second chance.

I still haven't received a reply to the email I sent on October 2nd requesting an update on the shipping which was promised the week of September 20th, nor to the email I sent yesterday requesting a status update on my order which I made in February of this year. I guess the only person I have to blame is myself for believing that everyone can make a mistake and usually deserves a second chance.

I am still waiting for my spt plugs, this is getting crazy.