LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

satuthill

I have made several attempts to have the rest of my order sent and have had noting but, little to no response. They still owe me more than $1254.00 in lighting and finally got an email today, again only shipping part of the order. once this one is here he will still owe me over $800.00. I'm at a loss on where to go next. I was posting on his facebook and then all got deleted and now can no longer post....... I'm hoping that everything works out....

Jody

Edited by gadget113

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have made several attempts to have the rest of my order sent and have had noting but, little to no response. They still owe me more than $1254.00 in lighting and finally got an email today, again only shipping part of the order. once this one is here he will still owe me over $800.00. I'm at a loss on where to go next. I was posting on his facebook and then all got deleted and now can no longer post....... I'm hoping that everything works out....

Jody

If I had anything close to that much money at stake, I would have filed a claim with my CC company weeks ago. My order was considerably smaller and I was still worried (and almost ready to do that...)

Jim, Tim, Jody,

Thant is a good idea - I will start with my credit card company first - see if i can dispute the charge - Jim the internet crime idea is excellent. My wife is doing the BBB thing tomorrow - what I have been told he is at a rating of "F". thanks Guys - I hope everyone gets through this and we all learn a real lesson. We need to get the word out to everyone to stay away from him next year. I'm sure he will come back and beg for forgiveness and offer free shipping - this ole boy won't bit on it. I'm sorry for you Jody. I thought $510 was bad - $800 is really bad.

Hi guys. I'm really sorry to see all of us that have good hearts are being treated so poorly. I've just left a message for the Jordan, MN Chamber of Commerce at the following link address:

http://www.jordanchamber.org/contactus.html since Seasonal Impressions (the parent of LED Holiday I believe) lists their address there. I explained in brief what we have experienced from this vendor and asked for any help in who to contact. F.Y.I. their email address slot is limited to 25 characters, I requested that they increase it to at least 50. Jim, thank you for listing the Internet Crime Complaint Center, I will be contacting them shortly.

OK guys, this morning I started my day by filing a complaint with the BBB in Minnesota on Travis - I did talk to a lady there and when she pulled his business up her exact words were, "MY MY" - his rating is a "F" and falling. My next call was to my Credit Card company. They took all the information and is checking on it - I'm not holding my breath on the CC thing - I need to run My card up to around (50 Large) - and then I can get 2/3's of it knocked off. But I doubt I get my $500 back. (sorry for that rant) - my next order of business is the Minnesota AG office - I will be filing a complaint with them tomorrow and then the Internet Fraud website. We will not get our money back from this guy so we might as well make his life a little miserable. Because he has totally messed my display up for this year.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

OK guys, this morning I started my day by filing a complaint with the BBB in Minnesota on Travis - I did talk to a lady there and when she pulled his business up her exact words were, "MY MY" - his rating is a "F" and falling. My next call was to my Credit Card company. They took all the information and is checking on it - I'm not holding my breath on the CC thing - I need to run My card up to around (50 Large) - and then I can get 2/3's of it knocked off. But I doubt I get my $500 back. (sorry for that rant) - my next order of business is the Minnesota AG office - I will be filing a complaint with them tomorrow and then the Internet Fraud website. We will not get our money back from this guy so we might as well make his life a little miserable. Because he has totally messed my display up for this year.

I totally agree. It's not the product, it's who you are dealing with.

I ordered part of this years light order from that same very trusted source who recently posted here. The communication and updates were A+++, the shipping and delivery of the product was excellent and met all promises. P.S. I will purchase from that trusted source again at next season's pre-sale.

I have heard that in business a dis-satisified customer will tell at least 20 others. That was before the day of the internet. Now bad press can easily be spread to 10's and 100's of thousands in a very short period. I am going to do my part by spreading the word to help insure that no one else gets burned by Travis.

All right - I really feel bad for those of you that can't get the product that you were expecting to finalize your displays. I have been talking to several of you (behind the scenes) and I want to extend an offer to help you out. I can't match the pre sale pricing that you got earlier but. . . for those of you that have had problems getting what you paid for I will give you 20% off of our currant pricing. Obviously I don't have everything that you might have bought earlier but I will try to match your order as best as I can. Please call me Monday - Friday at 800-733-9617 to place your order.

I'm sure there are people that are mad at me for the experience we all had two years ago. Believe me, no one got hurt more than I did. I just want to thank everyone that has worked with me to get thru this and extend this offer to those that have been burned this year.

My display (and others) was totally messed up in 08. Thought I had that behind me in 09, but my blue lights died off as the lighting season went on. Hoping 2010 will be better here.

Careful with some vendors. Their lights "may not meet you expectations". ; )

I have ordered from 3 LED vendors in the last 3 years. The only good experience I have had so far is an order directly from China. (Just got the lights from China several weeks ago though. They have not made it thru a lighting season yet. Testing has been good though. Got my fingers crossed. ) Sorry about venting my past troubles!! I have been replacing my lights on my mini trees yet again. For the third year in a row!!

I am still waiting on my spt plugs from Travis. It's looking like I am not going to get them.

...and I was just getting ready to offer everyone a bagel, because..........you all know I like bagels.

I think when it comes to problems with product and problems with customer service/sending things out, it all falls on who is the bigger Man and willing to help you out whether it be send out replacements or answer the dang phone... I have heard horror stories of people ordering lights from China or where ever else also. You don't know what could happen until you give it a try and for this to be the 2nd year in a row for a particular vendor, I would have to say that if this problem comes up again next year, and people have not learned from all this talk, no one will have pitty for those who didn't learn a lesson after all of this... :)

Edited by LightsonBeasley

Just want to say that in my experiences, Paul is first class. The only reason I 'switched' to Travis is that it's hard for me to order full cases, when sometimes I want only a few strings in one color/style. When LED strings cost around $10 average per string, ordering in quantities of 7-12 really adds up.

Next year I'll likely order from Paul and sell off any overstock to other PC members. I'm sure the market would be there, even if it is more work for me. Probably not much more work than trying to get my lights this year ;)

Just want to say that in my experiences, Paul is first class. The only reason I 'switched' to Travis is that it's hard for me to order full cases, when sometimes I want only a few strings in one color/style. When LED strings cost around $10 average per string, ordering in quantities of 7-12 really adds up.

Next year I'll likely order from Paul and sell off any overstock to other PC members. I'm sure the market would be there, even if it is more work for me. Probably not much more work than trying to get my lights this year ;)

To be honest I would have ordered from Paul this years pre-buy instead of Travis (I ordered over the $ amount it took to get free shipping). I would like to order from Paul in the future, but just can't make myself do it after getting burned on 24 strings of blue LEDs. The "my lights may not meet your expectations" was pretty hard to swallow. YMMV

And so I stay on the topic of this thread.

I still have not gotten my spt plugs from Travis. Nor have I had a response about them.

To be honest I would have ordered from Paul this years pre-buy instead of Travis (I ordered over the $ amount it took to get free shipping). I would like to order from Paul in the future, but just can't make myself do it after getting burned on 24 strings of blue LEDs. The "my lights may not meet your expectations" was pretty hard to swallow. YMMV

And so I stay on the topic of this thread.

I still have not gotten my spt plugs from Travis. Nor have I had a response about them.

Paul:

I keep seeing these "jabs" from you. Correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you one of the 6 people that tested those lights for me and than signed off on them? I sure thought you were.

Paul:

I keep seeing these "jabs" from you. Correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you one of the 6 people that tested those lights for me and than signed off on them? I sure thought you were.

No! I was not. I was one of the people in 08 who thought I was buying a boat load of LED lights from you from the factory you got your lights from in 07. The ones everyone was so happy with. I was one of the people in 08 that got mostly junk LED lights as was well document by lots of people. You did do a stand up thing and offered to replace all the lights I (we) got in 08 pre-buy. You did a fairly good job of keeping us informed. However in 09 the blue replacement lights I got were bad. They got dimmer and dimmer during the short lighting season. They did not handle the dimming like you said they could. When I contacted you about it, after a couple emails you said "I am thru with the exchange lights. The lights may not meet your expectations, but they work". WTH!?!?!

Call it "jabs" if you want. I made a purchase with you and got lights that would not work like you said they would. You would not exchange them, instead what I got from you is quoted above. I wish things had went differently, but they did not.

If someone is going to post how awesome CDI is in a thread about LED Holiday lightings problems, I figure I should tell my experience with CDI.

So to answer you question again, NO! I did no testing for you and never signed off on anything.......

Oh and I still have not gotten my spt plugs from Travis.....

Edited by roberson3

I too am also waiting on SPT plugs, however I did receive a response about them back on Sept 30.

"There was a labeling error on the plugs - which I found right before I was going to ship everything so..........I had to go back and recount all the male plugs to be sure spt1's were not with spt2's. The short of it is they should ship tomorrow or Monday.

Regards,

LED Holiday Lighting Customer Service"

This was the using the contact form on the website.

Will Sanders

I too am also waiting on SPT plugs, however I did receive a response about them back on Sept 30.

"There was a labeling error on the plugs - which I found right before I was going to ship everything so..........I had to go back and recount all the male plugs to be sure spt1's were not with spt2's. The short of it is they should ship tomorrow or Monday.

Regards,

LED Holiday Lighting Customer Service"

This was the using the contact form on the website.

Will Sanders

You got a different reply than I did, my basically said they wewre getting shipped next week, but that was about 4 weeks ago.

I called Pay Pal about my order with LED Holiday Lighting and said they would check on it.

The next day I received an Email from Led Holiday Lighting saying that they would ship out my order of C9 purple Led's if I still wanted them or refund my money. I said to ship them as I need them for my display. Also asking if he could ship out the 25 each spt1 male and female plugs order on 2/9/2010 at the same time. I hope he can , we will see!

I had the same response in March. I contacted paypal and had a instant response from Travis after 6 weeks of excuses why I had no refund on a double charge from a paypal and credit card order....BUT, then Travis in turn sent me Money instead of a refund on paypal which I had to pay fee's on....I figured just to take what I could get and move on

Edited by ChrisL1976