LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On three separate occasions in the last 4 years, I have spent, individually, $1100, $1600, and $1800 with LED Holiday Lighting and received every order on time.... from the discussion I'm reading in this thread, it sounds like I should start buying lottery tickets as I am a very lucky individual.

The thing that makes me curious is, how many people, exactly, are being treated poorly. Let's say that they had 1000 orders with the pre-sales, and there are probably at least 10 that it seems are irriated with the company. What would really be helpful for the community, maybe, is a poll. That poll would simply have two options for people to choose:

1. Received all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price

2. Did not receive all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price

Someone get this going, I don't know how to do polls here. I find it hard to believe that I am alone in receiving everything. Like I said above, if I am, then I need to get a lotto ticket. Is that ratio of received to did-not-receive 50%? 75%? 99%? No company makes every customer happy, that is why there are class-action lawsuits. I think there is one way to quantify this and it is all in the wording of those two questions above.

You want to make sure that nobody ever buys from this company again? Show the people of this forum that only 50% of their customers actually receive the product they order.

My thoughts on the matter are, that, the reason this company has stayed in business is that he has enough people like me that DO receive all the product they order on a routine basis. Think about it, if each year, you lost 50% of your customers that you didn't satisfy the year before, how long would it take for a your company to go out of business?

Someone start the poll and let's see what that ratio is.

That being said.... the fact that folks are not receiving thousands of dollars of product and not receiving email correspondence on the matter is inexcusable.... I would have the same uncontrollable anger.

On three separate occasions in the last 4 years, I have spent, individually, $1100, $1600, and $1800 with LED Holiday Lighting and received every order on time.... from the discussion I'm reading in this thread, it sounds like I should start buying lottery tickets as I am a very lucky individual.

The thing that makes me curious is, how many people, exactly, are being treated poorly. Let's say that they had 1000 orders with the pre-sales, and there are probably at least 10 that it seems are irriated with the company. What would really be helpful for the community, maybe, is a poll. That poll would simply have two options for people to choose:

1. Received all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price

2. Did not receive all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price

Someone get this going, I don't know how to do polls here. I find it hard to believe that I am alone in receiving everything. Like I said above, if I am, then I need to get a lotto ticket. Is that ratio of received to did-not-receive 50%? 75%? 99%? No company makes every customer happy, that is why there are class-action lawsuits. I think there is one way to quantify this and it is all in the wording of those two questions above.

You want to make sure that nobody ever buys from this company again? Show the people of this forum that only 50% of their customers actually receive the product they order.

My thoughts on the matter are, that, the reason this company has stayed in business is that he has enough people like me that DO receive all the product they order on a routine basis. Think about it, if each year, you lost 50% of your customers that you didn't satisfy the year before, how long would it take for a your company to go out of business?

Someone start the poll and let's see what that ratio is.

That being said.... the fact that folks are not receiving thousands of dollars of product and not receiving email correspondence on the matter is inexcusable.... I would have the same uncontrollable anger.

nutz4lights,

I believe you are one of the lucky ones but you make a great point. It's easy to create a poll, all you do is start a new thread, then below the "Your Message" box there is a box "Additional Options". In that box there is a selection for "Post a Poll" . I like your questions but I think that an important part is missing and that involves time. It won't do me or any of the other customers that haven't received their orders yet to receive them too close to or even after Christmas or sometime next year. You yourself mentioned " and received every order on time.... "

What do you think of the following questions?

1. Received all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price, by the agreed upon date

2. Did not receive all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price,by the agreed upon date

nutz4lights,

I believe you are one of the lucky ones but you make a great point. It's easy to create a poll, all you do is start a new thread, then below the "Your Message" box there is a box "Additional Options". In that box there is a selection for "Post a Poll" . I like your questions but I think that an important part is missing and that involves time. It won't do me or any of the other customers that haven't received their orders yet to receive them too close to or even after Christmas or sometime next year. You yourself mentioned " and received every order on time.... "

What do you think of the following questions?

1. Received all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price, by the agreed upon date

2. Did not receive all your product from the company at the originally agreed-upon price,by the agreed upon date

Agreed 100%. I was trying to figure a way to reasonably work in the 'time' factor. The thing is, the agreed upon date is somewhat out of the company's control when the material is coming from China. So I thought about suggesting a "reasonable point in time" but to everybody, that point in time is not defined. I know some (most? ;) ) people here start in the summer. Me, I start in October. Some don't start 'til November. If the lights came in October, that would be fine with me, but it would be "the end of the world" for someone starting in August.

Although I don't like it... I think your "agreed upon date" is the best option.

I am not going to start the poll... it was mostly just a suggestion for one of the mis-treated to better quantify their discrepancy.

It's not so much about time as promises fulfilled. It's one thing if the Chinese supplier delays things and it's basically out of the US-based vendor's hands. It's quite another when you're told "I'll ship these out tomorrow" over and over, and it never happens. And then when you finally do get a box, it's only a portion of your order, so you start over at "I'll ship it right out tomorrow". And that's not counting the number of times you have to send questions before getting a reply in the first place.

I'm still out $40 of lights, which is a pittance compared to some of you. I'm going to "bump" my ticket one more time tomorrow, and then it will go to Visa and the BBB. I've given him TWO MONTHS to get it right.

Frankly I've already written it off as the cost of a good lesson learned.

It's not so much about time as promises fulfilled. It's one thing if the Chinese supplier delays things and it's basically out of the US-based vendor's hands. It's quite another when you're told "I'll ship these out tomorrow" over and over, and it never happens. And then when you finally do get a box, it's only a portion of your order, so you start over at "I'll ship it right out tomorrow". And that's not counting the number of times you have to send questions before getting a reply in the first place.

Agreed. I think that in most cases, it is not an instance of "still on the boat"... I just threw that out there as an example. I think we will probably get some good information out of this exercise.

I'm still out $40 of lights, which is a pittance compared to some of you. I'm going to "bump" my ticket one more time tomorrow, and then it will go to Visa and the BBB. I've given him TWO MONTHS to get it right.

Frankly I've already written it off as the cost of a good lesson learned.

Tim - I agree 100%.

That being said I wish more folks would have listened to the warnings those of us who got burned by Travis in 2009 posted, but I guess folks sometimes need to learn things themselves....

In any case, be sure you contact your credit card company within the timeframe you are allowed for disputes. Remember that time is based on the date of the posted transaction, not the time of promised delivery...

I called VISA last year, after waiting quite some time for return emails, phone calls, and a response to a certified return receipt letter, which I never got, and almost missed my ability to get a refund!

John - I would take your poll, but it is for 2010. My issues was in 2009, as were a lot of others...

Greg

Greg, it's NOT my poll. I just linked to where the poll was, in case anyone missed it.

Fortunately, I only placed a small order with Travis last year 2009, wanted a few strings in 35 count on white wire in various colors, for a special project, and ordered on the preorder. After many delays, he offered 1/2 half as many 70 count on green wire, in one of the colors. Tried to tell me they worked out to the same bulb count. I declined. Duh, 70s would not fit on the wireframes I had built.

Finally did get a refund on these, but several other items were shipped wrong, and received some things I didn't even order.

Thank goodness the bulk of my LED order was from Paul at CDI, so my display was not adversly affected, except for the completion of a few wireframes.

I also learned my lesson in 2009 and did not even attempt to place an order in 2010 from Travis.

Well today I received a box from LED Holiday Lighting which should be my C9 bulbs per Travis email. Well NO, they are spt1 plugs and not the C9 bulbs. I guess I will have to make a few phone calls now. Its bad we have to play games with this guy, just add me to the do not buy list for LED Holiday Lighting!

Got a tracking number for the SPT plugs after a second round of contacting him via the help center. Took a little longer to get a response, but I got a tracking number for my SPT1 plugs. Hopefully that means they will arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Will Sanders

It is always interesting to see those who are warned that there is danger ahead. And yet they will put their head down and run straight right into it. And they do this based on the fast that they themselves have not been harmed. I suppose they do not believe in the phase "Your turn in the barrel". I suppose I will just have to sit back and watch for the next train wreck.

If you are reading any negativity. That was not my intent. My intent is to warn others to sub-standard service from this company.

You're right Max - some of us who got burned this time were only wanting to believe that this guy really had turned his life and business practices around. Obviously we were wrong.

Me too.

On the other hand, anyone who orders next year better not expect much sympathy here if they want to come and report they're having issues. Two years of major problems does not create a very good forecast for next year, no matter what excuses are made this time around.

Me too.

On the other hand, anyone who orders next year better not expect much sympathy here if they want to come and report they're having issues. Two years of major problems does not create a very good forecast for next year, no matter what excuses are made this time around.

I may get a time out if someone buys from him next year, gets screwed, and comes here whining about it.

I may get a time out if someone buys from him next year, gets screwed, and comes here whining about it.

Heck, I've had more than one person basically call me an idiot for buying THIS year. Some of us just wanted to believe the man had a bad year and was ready to make up for it. If only...

Heck, I've had more than one person basically call me an idiot for buying THIS year. Some of us just wanted to believe the man had a bad year and was ready to make up for it. If only...

Tim, I'll all for second chances for people....I purchased from him during his January clearance and still never got my order right. Never again for sure!!!

I did not purchase from Travis in 09. I did see all the post about problems they were having and was dealing with problems of my own with another LED vendor. I knew after my loss with this other vendor I could/would not order from them. My problems with the other vendor had nothing to do with not getting the stuff I ordered or lack of communication. It was a quality issue, and I got stuck with lights that won't dim and I can't use.

I read post after post about people having problems getting orders, and communication problems with Travis. I also saw where Travis posted about the problems he was having behind the scenes. I also thought he should have done a better job handling that problem while still taking care of his other customers. I thought his performance (or lack of) in 09 was behind him and things would be different. I was wrong.

I am down 2 LED vendors that are/were? suppliers for people here. One of them is sworn by many here that he is the best and has even been referred to as "godsend". If that is the case not sure how I can improve my batting average with LED vendors. ; )

I did contact Travis by email yesterday about my spt plugs, which is the only thing I am still lacking. He responded within an hour or 2 and said they would ship out today (Wed) or Thurs. Then I got a tracking # from UPS. However, checking the tracking # tonight shows it has not been picked up yet. Still holding out hope I get all that I ordered.

If the shoe fits...:P:D

I did not purchase from Travis in 09. I did see all the post about problems they were having and was dealing with problems of my own with another LED vendor. I knew after my loss with this other vendor I could/would not order from them. My problems with the other vendor had nothing to do with not getting the stuff I ordered or lack of communication. It was a quality issue, and I got stuck with lights that won't dim and I can't use.

I read post after post about people having problems getting orders, and communication problems with Travis. I also saw where Travis posted about the problems he was having behind the scenes. I also thought he should have done a better job handling that problem while still taking care of his other customers. I thought his performance (or lack of) in 09 was behind him and things would be different. I was wrong.

I am down 2 LED vendors that are/were? suppliers for people here. One of them is sworn by many here that he is the best and has even been referred to as "godsend". If that is the case not sure how I can improve my batting average with LED vendors. ; )

I did contact Travis by email yesterday about my spt plugs, which is the only thing I am still lacking. He responded within an hour or 2 and said they would ship out today (Wed) or Thurs. Then I got a tracking # from UPS. However, checking the tracking # tonight shows it has not been picked up yet. Still holding out hope I get all that I ordered.

If you are going to need some let me know. I was disputing the charge and behold, they have been shipped. This is after I purchased 300 from home depot.

Glen, Tim, and Chris.

Actually I was not even thinking about you guys when I wrote that post. And you guys are a better person than I am about giving Travis a 2nd chance. I didn't cause anyone willing to bend someone else over a barrel cause he was just bent. Well that is a sign of character and I wont give that person the time of day. As it is turning out, my feelings are on the mark. It is the individual who states that they have not had a lick of trouble the past 2 yrs and will be going back to tempt fate next year. That is the person whom I was addressing without calling out by name.

I say Bully on you, good deed and what not to give Travis a 2nd chance. And I am sorry that you have had so much trouble. But from the sounds of it. You have seen that well things are not all that they seem to be over there at that vendors warehouse. Shame on him for burdening everyone else with his disbute with another. Lying and decete is that one. May all men know him by his works.