I am sure this has been asked before - but I cannot find it anywhere. I love the little boxes telling how many lights are in the display (mine is currently static), but I don't know how to do it or where you got the "boxes" from. Can anyone help? Thanks!

kmwiegand

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

How do you know the numbers of lights you have ?

Count them one by one ? :giggle:

I don't know how many lights I have, the only thing I know is more than last year and less than next year. :cool:

Bye

How I determine mine as close as I can, I count the number of light strings, I also seperate my light strings by the number of bulbs (per the manufacturers), 50, 60, 70, 100, 140, 150, 200 etc. Then I just add up those strings, so if I have 3 of the 50 count strings, 2 of the 100 count strings, then I'd get 450 bulb count from adding them up. So each item that I know the bulb count (again, per what the manufacture says it is supposed to be), I just add them all together, I know my count is probably off one way or another by possibly as much as 10-20 lights, but I'm not going to go back and recount individual bulbs, I'd never get any sequencing or anything else done.

Now I do tend to count the bulbs when I first purchase a new string, but that's usually the first and last time I do any real counting.

As for individual bulbs like Blowmolds that are lit with appliance bulbs or night light bulbs, those are easy enough to count individually, well for me at the moment, those with very large collections, that could be a whole different setting! Also pre-lit items if used, I factor in, once again, what the manufacturer states is the count.

But that's just how I do it. (Oh and I do keep a log book of when I buy lights, or lighted items and how many lights were on the string or used on/inside the item, that way I just add the new items and their bulb/LED counts each year to the logs!)

How do you know the numbers of lights you have ?

Count them one by one ? :giggle:

I make the Mrs. count 'em after the display is up...And while she's doing it, I stand behind her yelling out random numbers...

Good thing she is not a member here :D

I make the Mrs. count 'em after the display is up...And while she's doing it, I stand behind her yelling out random numbers...

Good thing she is not a member here :D

ROTFL!!That's funny.

I think a lot of people use a spreadsheet to keep count of light strings.It is important in figuring out power requirements.

• 10 months later...

I am sure this has been asked before - but I cannot find it anywhere. I love the little boxes telling how many lights are in the display (mine is currently static), but I don't know how to do it or where you got the "boxes" from. Can anyone help? Thanks!

kmwiegand

I want to know this to!