Mini Plus 2010

lightitup

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I still come. just found out about it yesterday. Also I have some extra blowmolds that I want to sell. Anyone interested in them let me know and I will load up the van and bring them down. About 15 different types of santa's.

Mark

The more, the merrier!

Glenn

It's quarter to ten and I just shoved the last junk that could fit in the wife's Buick rendezvous, man I wanted to bring a concentric star for show and tell....not going to happen just no room. It is absolutely awesome having such a large turnout this year! Can't wait to see everybody and to meet all the new folks. VA mini 3 here we come!

My cake has red a green on it MarthaK. My original plan was to be there at 9 but I have a wrinkle to iron out first. I can't pick up the brisket till 8:30. I will be there around 9:15. Mark everyone is welcome. I have enough food and drinks to serve about 50 people. Bring everyone with you. I don't want to bring anything home. LOL I know the post will hold at least 50 people inside so come on Mark. We are now up to 26 people. Yipppeeee.

blndnwo there is a atm about 500 yards down the road. I am stopping on my way to the post. LOL

Edited by lightitup

Thank you to Lightitup for hosting an excellent mini. Each year our mini grows in attendance and quality of presentations. I certainly enjoyed the day. It was a pleasure exchanging ideas with every one. Thanks to Paul for providing the tasty donuts and other sweets. Thanks to everyone doing the presentations. Thanks to Lightitup for an excellent lunch. The brisket was delicious.

Had a lot of fun today. This was VA mini #3 for me and I can't begin to tell you how great it is that the attendance grows each year. Thanks to all who contributed their expertise, Thank you Mona for the awesome hospitality in hosting the event. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but I learned a few today, and that's what this is all about. I hope you all will stop by this year and check out the displays in my area, if not I hope to see each of you again next year at the next mini.

wow I just got home and you beat me home rich. I only had to drive 17 miles. LOL I had a blast too. My husband even enjoyed it. He came home and drew out a star like Bill V did and I brought home the jig. hahaha. Thank you everyone for showing up and not making me look like there wasn't any others out there that think about Christmas in June. Now my husband knows that I am not the only one that plans all year for Christmas. Paul I will think of you the rest of the week. I will be gaining a few pounds but man your doughnuts are awesome. I can't wait for the next mini. Next year the goal is to have 36 show up.

I want to especially Thank RichF, Glenn, BillV,Andy, and Frank (franktronics) for doing the tutorials. Paul for all the baked goods. I took in alot of information and I now am the happy owner of a tater twister and will be making my arches this year. I will also visit frank and learn more of the LOR and sequencing. You were all awesome and Stephen Thank you for bringing your LOR stuff and that ball. You gave me some ideas for my hanging baskets I don't use anymore. you don't live that far from me so I do expect to see you at my display this year. hahaha.

Edited by lightitup

Thanks Lightitup for putting together a great mini. Lots of good information shown and shared. Thank you Frank for bringing everything but the kitchen sink to show us sequencing and the actual results live. Thanks to everyone else for sharing advice, pics, and stories. I see a winter road trip this year.

I vote we have the next mini as close to Pete's bakery as possible, his baked goods are awesome!!!

Glenn

Thanks Lightitup for putting together a great mini. Lots of good information shown and shared. Thank you Frank for bringing everything but the kitchen sink to show us sequencing and the actual results live. Thanks to everyone else for sharing advice, pics, and stories. I see a winter road trip this year.

I vote we have the next mini as close to Pete's bakery as possible, his baked goods are awesome!!!

Glenn

That would be paul's bakery and I agree. He is willing to host it if MarthaK puts it all together. I thought you were going to host it next year???? Did the doughnuts get to you. LOL

What a great event! It is getting bigger each year and I am looking forward to next June. I'm willing to take Paul up on his offer and pull together the 2011 Mini. Paul mentioned having the space to host it, so that will be literally downwind of the ovens, GS! Fredericksburg is a moderately convenient location being the crossroads of I-95, Rt 17, Rt 1, & Rt 3. Maybe if we're lucky Paul will show us the train that made such a splash last year!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35160[/ATTACH]

Edited by MarthaK

Fredricksburg here we come. I have some ideas to help make this a bit better too. I will get with you this summer MarthaK. We can pull off a neat mini provided we have the space. Will Paul take us thru a tour of the space we are going to use?

Since the mini I have started trying to break eveything down to try and put everything onto controls for the on and off function this year. All I can say is WOW C9s ARE POWER HOGS!!!! I have no idea how I am going to manage this. If you keep to 2 amps per channel and each 25ct string of C9s is 1.5 amps, WOW! Does anyone know where to get flashing LED C9s?

Since the mini I have started trying to break eveything down to try and put everything onto controls for the on and off function this year. All I can say is WOW C9s ARE POWER HOGS!!!! I have no idea how I am going to manage this. If you keep to 2 amps per channel and each 25ct string of C9s is 1.5 amps, WOW! Does anyone know where to get flashing LED C9s?[/QUOT

Wish I could lend you mine but it's not lor compatible.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]35275[/ATTACH]Gotta add SSR direction or go the led route.

Good Luck,

Bill

post-2034-12957122658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill V