Buy/Sell/Trade +feedback forum?

Would you support/use a buy/sell/trade+feedback forum?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support/use a buy/sell/trade+feedback forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Since it would screw with the 3 rules. Some PCers have asked me if i would make a seperate forum just for buying/selling/trading with a feedback results option.

If i were to make something like this would you use it?

It would consist of 3 different "forums" (or places to post)

One would be to buy christmas stuff, one would be to sell, and one would be a trade. then ofcourse the main one would be the feedback forum. this would be a great way to know how well you are as a seller/buyer (because whoever you sold or bought from would be able to make a post saying how the transaction went, and what could of been better ect.) this would also give people a chance to see who is better to buy from and could very well filter scammers out of the equation.

Personally, and I mean absolutely no offense or disrespect by this, I'd move your personal site to a non-free hosting service before worrying about something like this. Sites with feedback (e.g. eBay) are available, and having an external site isn't going to stop the scammers from posting on PC.

And frankly, I don't think there are very many scammers on PC. There are a few, but most complaints are of the "he promised to sell this to me but didn't" form, where nobody loses money.

-Tim

Personally, and I mean absolutely no offense or disrespect by this, I'd move your personal site to a non-free hosting service before worrying about something like this. Sites with feedback (e.g. eBay) are available, and having an external site isn't going to stop the scammers from posting on PC.

And frankly, I don't think there are very many scammers on PC. There are a few, but most complaints are of the "he promised to sell this to me but didn't" form, where nobody loses money.

-Tim

thats exactly why this is a poll. i want to make sure people would actualy want this and use it before spending the time to do it.

Guest Jeff_Womack

Your enthusiasm is great but Chuck tried something similiar a few years ago with a classified section. People wouldn't even go to a sperate site within PC to post items for sale. And personally, I can at least have a measure of trust here based on a person's rep and number of posts. Of course using real names on the forums would be a much better solution, but I digress!

Your enthusiasm is great but Chuck tried something similiar a few years ago with a classified section. People wouldn't even go to a sperate site within PC to post items for sale. And personally, I can at least have a measure of trust here based on a person's rep and number of posts. Of course using real names on the forums would be a much better solution, but I digress!

point well taken. there hasnt been enough support in this anyway. ty for all the votes everyone. glad i posted this up instead of dumping money/time into something that wouldnt work.

• 4 weeks later...

i know its been a while and this is the feedback program I was talking about, if Chuck Smith could read over the information it may be a good thing for our forum to begin. I know it says its for the forum Simply Discus but you can always just change the name, add or remove or modify the rules etc. As follows:

iTrader, an electronic feedback system, is in place to better serve members of the SimplyDiscus community by allowing them to leave, respond to, and review feedback regarding purchases and trades within this forum. Please use this system for all feedback rather than posting it on the main forum. The feedback system is not to be abused. All feedbacks will be monitored and any inappropriate comments left will be removed. Do not use this system to slam, flame, or slander anyone. The comments posted in the feedback system should not violate other site rules.

* Feedback is only allowed on transactions between Buyers and Sellers! Second-hand feedback or feedback based on hearsay is not allowed.

* Please limit one feedback per transaction. There is a maximum of two feedbacks per month, per member. Attempts to rate the same member more than twice in 30 days will not be recorded.

* Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in penalties, determined on a case-by-case basis, which may include banning for up to one year or longer at the site owners' discretion.

If the transaction in question originated as a post on the board, either in the Sponsors section or the Buy, Sell, and Trade section, please copy and paste the URL from the original message into the appropriate space on the feedback form. Also, please provide as many detailed notes regarding the transaction as possible. These are only visible to the buyer, seller, and administration.

I think this would help. Folks here who have a lot to sell would benefit. The owners and monitors may have a new headache on their hands.

No matter how cheap the bargain I always look at seller's feedback. I avoid sellers with lower than 97% positive. At that level my main concern is not how many but why any negative feedback was left. I'd have to admit I've seen some really dumb reasons for leaving bad feedback on Half.com, Ebay and Amazon. Things like,

"I didn't like it after I got it."

"It came fast but I wanted it sooner."

and my favorite of all. This floored me. It went something like this..

"Someone posted a brand new one after I got this. I ended up paying as much for this used one as I could have for a new one."

Now who could argue with that logic? LOL