PlanetChristmas 2009 Christmas Card Exchange

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

I'm stepping in to volunteer to manage and distribute the Christmas card exchange list for 2009:santasmileyitty:

September is quickly rolling to a close and Christmas will be here before we know it.

Now for the details.......

++ If you are interested in joining the card swap please send me your name and mailing address.

++ Also, be sure to include a good email address where I can send the final list.

++ I prefer for you to please send your full name and full address to me at [email protected] but will also accept your info via a PM here

++ If memory serves, last years list was about 60-70 people long. I anticipate splitting the list into two random lists. So you can either participate with the entire list or just half.

++ I'll be taking names until midight November 6th and the list will be sent out to everyone on or about November 16th so that every one has time to send thier cards to thier list and overseas friends

++ The list will be setup in word and excel formats which should accomodate pretty much everyone. The word format will be setup to accomodate a sheet of 2" x 4" mailing labels

++ Participation by member is completely optional and no one will be chastised for not playing along

++ Send what ever kind of car you like; but when signing you name, please include your PC member name

++ Please also let me know if you are willing to send cards to our PC friends in Canada and overseas.

+++ Don't forget, the current price of a stamp is 44 cents so plan accordingly when you let me know if you wish to recieve the full list or the partial

Thanks and have fun,

Philip

:santasmileyitty:

I would suggest to those who wish to play, that you pick up a small pack of stamps next time you're at the grovery store to get started on that end of it

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

essentially, there will be 2 lists: the full list of everyone who participates, and one partial list.

Hopefully most will want to du the full list and enjoy cards from all over the country. postage for 30 cards will run right about $25, add a few bucks for cards and you can be done for around $30-$35 bucks. Or if you'd rather - send a postcard

The partial list will be made up of the people who wish to only participate in the partial list. I'm not sure how many will want to opt for the partial list but if it is only a small few then a few extra random names (as chosen by my kid) will be placed on the list to bring the count up to 20 people. I have this worked out in my head so that I think everyone will be happy with the results, but I can't think of a better way to explain it

Edited by Philip

What, no car exchange? :D :giggle:

We love typos, makes life more fun.

Gosh, I make a bunche of them! :eek:

I agree. It aggrivates some but the others have so much fun out of it. Now the ones who type in there own worlds aggrivate us ALL.:giggle:

But man i was so expecting the CAR exchange.:giggle:

Well, getting off the car, (I only have a red wagon to trade). I want to thank you for taking charge of the card exchange this year. I participated in it last year and it was so much fun going to the mail box every day. I definitely want to be put on the full list this year. If any newbie

Well, getting off the car, (I only have a red wagon to trade). I want to thank you for taking charge of the card exchange this year. I participated in it last year and it was so much fun going to the mail box every day. I definitely want to be put on the full list this year. If any newbie

If I were to sign up for the partial list, could I get a copy of the full list?

What I mean is, I send cards to send cards, not hoping that I will get a card back. I think this list could be very long, and well... I can't afford to send to everyone. What I would like to do is send to friends in the surrounding state that I have been able to meet at mini's if they have signed up. So I will send more than the partial list, but less than the full list, and I get to sleep good at night for not promising to send more cards then I could afford.

Does that make any sense, as it is after midnight and I REALLY should be asleep as I have to get up for work in less than 5 hours.

Kent

I send the cards out to say Hi to everyone, but as cards arrived at my house, it was like getting a Christmas present every day!

I really enjoyed the cards that had the Christmas lights on them, it was great to see everyone's lights.

I even sent a card to Canada, and got a nice note back about how appreciative they were that I sent a card to them out of the US. The few pennies extra it cost me was worth that nice note.

AND if one can't afford the postage, I suppose an Email Greeting Card

would work, too, to save $$. But I do love getting the cards.

:santasmileyitty:

I participated last year also. It was a great experiance! We got all types of cards from all over. We displayed each card near our tree for all our friends to look through. I'm definately doing this again!

Thanks Philip for taking the card exchange on this year!

• 2 weeks later...