Manufacturers of Blowmolds

How many makers of blowmold decorations are left? I know of General Foam (obviously) and Drainage Products. What ever happened to the new Grand Venture, and Farley?

Who bought the Union tooling?

Just curious. I order from General Foam, just wanted to know who else was out there.

Mark

If everybody keeps buying the imitation molds, foam stuff, and other stuff from China all these stores are putting out we wont have American molds anymore. Instead of talking about GF and Drainage we will be talking about hen chen and yen choo! I know this falls on deaf ears. We've seen it all before. Years ago it was all about shoes and clothes. Now go out and buy some American made clothes or shoes!!

If everybody keeps buying the imitation molds, foam stuff, and other stuff from China all these stores are putting out we wont have American molds anymore. Instead of talking about GF and Drainage we will be talking about hen chen and yen choo! I know this falls on deaf ears. We've seen it all before. Years ago it was all about shoes and clothes. Now go out and buy some American made clothes or shoes!!

Jim, I would add that if people keep buying from WalMart, the problem will never stop. Over 90% of their store stock is brought in from China and other Aisan nations. So if you want to "buy American" (funny how WalMart stopped using that little piece of advertising;)) stop giving your money to a store that could give a rat's behind about American jobs.

Carrie I'm afraid we are well past that. Where would/could you shop?? Another store thats stock is all from another country?? Walmart quit using the "american made" for two reasons. More money in selling stuff from China, and the fact that nothing is made in America anymore. Funny they are running a radio add here that states NEW BALANCE shoes has a factory in America. Ive been wearing them for years and I've never seen anything but "made in China" in mine..

Genfoam and drainage thats about it, if you can find my thread about TPI still in business it kinda gives hope that Nu-dell who bout TPI molds might come into the light :D

calling Mel! :P

Yep as shawn said in post #2.. just General Foam and Drainage.. maybe Nu-dell in the future. Then again maybe nobody in future.

Jim

OK, so going back to my original post, its only GenFoam and Drainadge??

Does anyone have Draineges website?

Thanks!

Drainage does not have a web site. I have never understood that.

(920) 734-2665

300 N Lilas Dr

Appleton, WI 54914

Edited by Thomas Steiner
address info

Jim, I would add that if people keep buying from WalMart, the problem will never stop. Over 90% of their store stock is brought in from China and other Aisan nations. So if you want to "buy American" (funny how WalMart stopped using that little piece of advertising;)) stop giving your money to a store that could give a rat's behind about American jobs.

Carrie, I agree. Well stated. Walmart does not care about jobs. All they care about is money, money, money and making lots more of it from the consumers for sure. I in no way shop Walmart.

Guest Judd_Peiffer

as much as i do hate to support walmart....when you live in a town where the only big store within 30 miles is walmart....you gotta do what you gotta do.....you may not like it but what are you gonna do? i use to work for target corp when i lived in erie and would never even't step foot in walmart...wouldn't even't let my folks do it!

Justin

Target isnt even an American company is it : ) Doesnt walmart employ more people than any other company?? (jobs) Doesnt the United States have the highest corporate tax rate in the world?? : ) All the stores around should support American companies and workers. Its not just Walmart. If they did we would have a few molds in EVERY store. Not this junk filled with chemicals for China !! I wonder which mold manufacturer will close next?? GF or Drainage??

Jim

Walmart sucks. I work there and can't wait for the day to tell them to kiss my @ss and walk out. Most start at $8.25 and only get 40 cents raise a year if lucky. There was a special on CNBC last Friday about "The New Walmart". Between watching that and working there it will be a long time before I shop there again. I am not going to give them my hard earned dollar.

Brad you could take any retailers name and insert it into "the new ______". If a company makes money everyone including NBC hate it. I just wish they (Walmart) would carry more molds. I'm very impressed with home depot now!! Richard pointed out they are carrying a BUNCH of molds online! BTW my brother works there and started at 8.00 just a few months ago. He loves it!!

What I have been saying isnt hatred or dislike of any company! Just the wish that more would carry American goods and keep American producers afloat. And keep our last two mold companies going by carrying their products! I actually learned that LED light stringers used to be made in America a few short years ago.