Singing Pumpkin - Video Projection Test

Doing some testing for my Halloween display. Below is going to be one of my 3 singing pumpkins.

I was not the one that created the pumpkin face to use for projection. I got it from another guy who was the one that created it and you can see his video of this same effect at

The final pumpkins I will be using will be larger, this was just a test to see how it looks and it turned out pretty nice!

I also got a singing Skull video from him to the same song but with a different voice. I then synced them up in my Video editor and made a 1.5 hour video loop of each one. I will then start them at the same time so they will be singing in sync with each other. It should be pretty cool because a different they will each be singing their own part with different voices to the same song.

Edited by RichardH

Ah so you found the video, huh? Sweet! That looked great. That is sure to be a hit. I can't wait to see a full size version. When are you going to have it setup fully?

I never found my version that he send me 2 years ago but I contacted him about a month ago and we was able to send me another one. This time I made sure to make a few copies and put them in a safe place.

The singing pumpkins will only be running Halloween Night since it involves leaving a video projector out in the front yard.

I never found my version that he send me 2 years ago but I contacted him about a month ago and we was able to send me another one. This time I made sure to make a few copies and put them in a safe place.

The singing pumpkins will only be running Halloween Night since it involves leaving a video projector out in the front yard.

True, true wouldn't want to leave the projector outside. Especially if it decides to rain on us again like it did this weekend. And the fact that someone could take off with it that wouldn't be good. ;) That's cool that he was nice enough to send you another copy. Good thinking making backup copies too. Make sure to take a video of it once do you set it up.

Those are awesome. I didn't get to see your Halloween display last year. Are you using the same setup this year? Btw are you using the stakes that come with the tombstones? Or are you using your signature Home Depot stakes? I tried to use the ones that came with our tombstones last year but the wind kept blowing them over. But we do get more wind up here than you do over there.

Those are awesome. I didn't get to see your Halloween display last year. Are you using the same setup this year? Btw are you using the stakes that come with the tombstones? Or are you using your signature Home Depot stakes? I tried to use the ones that came with our tombstones last year but the wind kept blowing them over. But we do get more wind up here than you do over there.

2 years ago I had the tombstones falling over all the time. This last year I cut 4 inch strips of PVC pipe and put them on the back of the tombstones with Gorilla Glue. I then used Various stakes (including my Home Depot ones :) ) and rebar. They are very solid now and don't move around at all.

Makes sense, I will have to do that to some of ours one of these days. I want to add to my Halloween display as well and do a yard display in addition to the haunted house we put up on Halloween.

2 years ago I had the tombstones falling over all the time. This last year I cut 4 inch strips of PVC pipe and put them on the back of the tombstones with Gorilla Glue. I then used Various stakes (including my Home Depot ones :) ) and rebar. They are very solid now and don't move around at all.

I love the fence line you have around the yard,

did you build it?

I bought the white fence at Lowes and then I took Black, Gray, & Brown spray paint and sprayed it uneven over the fence to give it the old weathered look. The fence was in the garden department and it just rolls up which makes it easy to store.

Thats AWESOME! Will this video be shared or up for sale/rent as I have no idea on how to do something like this?:)

I am not the one that created the video so I don't have the right to give it away to people. You can contact the person that made it through youtube by seeing his video at

I am not the one that created the video so I don't have the right to give it away to people. You can contact the person that made it through youtube by seeing his video at

Thanks for the info and I did just that, he emailed me this morning.

I wish I had a Projector!!!:D

Iwish I had some of that software...

Your pumpkins would look really cool with flames coming out of the top,Or mine singing!!!!!

Two mediums together would blow peoples mind!!!!

That would be cool!