ICE 2010 Date  

25 members have voted

1. 1. ICE 2010 Date

• End of June
    • Beginning of July (July 10th)
    • End July
    • Beginning of Aug
    • End of August

I know everyone is busy working on their displays but, I have a question. Does everyone have a date preference for ICE 2010. I'd like to get a room reserved AsAP so I don't need to worry about that later. The place I am looking at will hold 75 comfortably or I can just reserve the church's main sanctuary.

• 2 months later...

I heard a lot of good things about ICE last year- hope you all have a great event.

No hijack intended, but since some people mentioned other events like Light Up Ohio, PLUS, and C3, I wanted to also invite everyone to attend the Lone Star Holidays Academy on June 12th and 13th. We opened registration a little over a week ago and already there are 53 people regsitered to attend. We're back at the musuem this year and with the vendor support already in place it should be a great event! Everyone is invited, not just Texans- already people from Louisiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, and California are registered to attend- so don't think you're not welcome down here!

One of these years I hope I have the money and time to do a "tour" and hit all of these events in the same year (that's my personal goal) and ICE will definately be on the list (but Lord knows I have no time and even less money (it sometimes seems)!). I want to hit C3 (to meet Carrie and because Chicago is one of my favorite cities!), the Florida PC (because I have quite a few friends down that way- Bill, Michael, Chuck, etc), and Light Up Ohio as well (because our honorary Texan Jeff Philips helps put on a great event up there). Like I said, I heard how much fun everyone had at ICE last year so I'd definately like to attend that one year as well- maybe when the kids are a little older and Rachel and I can disappear for a few days!)

Merry Christmas everyone! Good luck on planning the 2010 ICE- have fun!

That would be awesome! can you bring your lasers too? :giggle::giggle:

Depends on where we are. I probably can't fog up the church. How about we just give Terry a marshmallow on a stick and line up all eight flame generators in a row... then we can watch him chase the flame around... sort of a whack-a-mole thing..

Depends on where we are. I probably can't fog up the church. How about we just give Terry a marshmallow on a stick and line up all eight flame generators in a row... then we can watch him chase the flame around... sort of a whack-a-mole thing..

We are going to be across the street (already requested the space) But I do like the idea of Terry chasing the flame generators.

I'll bring the CCR, not as cool as the flame generators, but a lot less smoke involved.

From my good friend, Vash at Chinese Department Store. I have had many successful transactions with him.

http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.com.cn/osc/product_info.php/products_id/5135

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the video link and the info. I'm not sure if they would be something I would/could incorporate into my own display but they certainly are unique!

Sorry for the short hijack everyone...

They are not outdoor units, so I plan to put a tarp over them anytime there's rain. Obviously, they are open on the top. I will have them at ICE and you guys can see them in more detail... just make sure I'm nowhere near the button when you look in the top ;)