Hello fellow PCers, I would like some prayer for this Mondays surgery on both my knee's. It will be a difficult time for my Wife who has health issues of her own and my Family also. It looks like I'll be in the hospital for about a week, and probably take another 3 to 4 before I'll be able to anything remotely normal. I have setup some of the display already to get a head start and hopefully family and friends will get the balance setup by the time I'm set to flip the switch. Thank you all, I will let everybody know how things are going as soon as I can.

God Bless Dave

If you are talking of total knee replacement surgery then don't plan on doing anything more on your display this year except for sitting in front of the computer and even that will be done in short spurts. When I did my first one in Oct 3 years ago all I could do was watch my sons put up lights and do some supervision. Fortunately I was not doing any animation at that time. I have had both of mine replaced now and my only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Best of luck, doing one at a time is tough enough, doing two will be even tougher, but you will be glad you did it. I did my second one two years ago this past Sept and I can do anything now, even get up on the roof without complaining about my knees.

Jim

Kennesaw, GA

Well Both knee's are getting worked on, They are planning to do half knee replacement on both knee's, but if there are problems I may end up with a full knee replacement on one or both. Thanks for your prayers:)

Good luck on getting the half knees, the recovery time is much better. I was hoping for those, but it never worked out for me. Either way it goes you will be very happy that you are doing this. it always amazes me that they have you up and walking around the next day and starting basic physical therapy immediately. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Dave.

Jim

Kennesaw, GA

I'll be thinking about you....

Hope you have a swift recovery....

My dad had that done on both knees at different times...he bounced back pretty quick...seems like he was only down about a week and on light duty for another two...he was only in his 40's when he had it though...

Hello all. Thank you to all of you that prayed for me,the surgery went OK!

I now have two new half knee's. Now the work begins, I'm way ahead of where I should be at this point in my therapy. I have 90 degrees movement in my right knee and 105 degree in my left already. I start working on stairs in two weeks. Again thank you all, and best wish's on this years display.:)

Way to go Dave. Next thing you know you will be climbing on the roof and feeling great while doing it. I'm glad you got the half knees. Don't let the physical terrorists get you down, just keep working at it. Took me awhile with my full knee replacements, but now I do just about anything, but crawl around on the floor. And it is still tough getting back up from the floor when I do get down there for some reason or other.

Jim