First Light Display

Does a huge star shimmering over Betlehem & angels singing out load count? :)

If yes, what is my prize?

In writing this Thread I though of that being one of the answers, good answer, but not the one I am referring to.

It has to be man made.

If you find the answer on Google then give the link. Searched and could not find it, but will tell you where to find the answer.

Wow, this is a challenge and I love challenges and puzzles (I guess thats why my wife calls me House). Anyway after doing so quick checking I don't think you will get the answer that you want; a definitive first person, and heres why:

The first "Twinkling lamps"/"Flashing" were introduced in 1955, In Japan and no company or person is given the credit with the invention of this. Actually the first wide spread use was in 1955 so they were already on the market in 1954 or 53 (MY assumption)

The first low voltage transformer set of lights was 1956 until they dissapeared from the market in 1963 due to cost $7.00

ttp://www.oldchristmaslights.com/timeline.htm

The early 1960's was the great revolution and inventive years of the SSR (Google ssr timeline) I find it hard to believe that no one during that time connected low voltage lights to ssr relays even if just to see what happens.

Now asfar as what we know with music and all I would say maybe belive it or not I would say I our very own Chuck Smith (http://planetchristmas.com/History.htm )or Hill Robertson( http://computerchristmas.com/ )

On Hills site there are several references to using the relays for sync in the 90's but no reference to music. Hope this helps:)

[url="http://planetchristmas.com/History.htm"]

I found it, maybe. It was in 1956, the Wanamakers of Philadelphia that started a Christmas Light show at the department store.

Is it the Wanamaker's Christmas Light Show in Phila. around the 1950s timeframe?

Nope - that's the one that I thought eariler today as well. That was a big deal back then.

Date:May 10, 1932 first public show.

Name of person:William Sparks

He built the Cascade falls in Jackson, Michigan.

I've been there a couple of times. It was all mechanical back in the thirty's through the early 80's when it went computer controlled......

Date:May 10, 1932 first public show.

Name of person:William Sparks

He built the Cascade falls in Jackson, Michigan.

I've been there a couple of times. It was all mechanical back in the thirty's through the early 80's when it went computer controlled......

Nope not that one, but getting closer.

LAST HINT:

1, 3, 8, 9 (re-arrange).

Edited by Dennis Cherry