Harbor Freight 100' Ext cords $8

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just went to mail box and got an order acknowledgement .... its got an order #

sku # and price & says back ordered , so maybe i'll get the cords sometime next mounth ??

I got the same card yesterday but today I got a letter saying

" Dear valued customer,

we regret to inform you that the follwing item(s) 45288 cannot be shipped because the manufacturer cannot supply it any logner or because you requested it to be canceled. We are sorry for any inconenience this may cause."

and I know I did not cancel my order.

just thought I would share.

You know, I understand companies run out of things. I understand pricing mistakes happen.

However there's no excuse for it being available to purchase for so long after they ran out. They were still for sale on their site well over 24 hours after I ordered mine.

If they went ahead and sent the $10 gift card as an apology, I guess that's a nice gesture. However a nicer gesture would have been to be honest up front that it was a discontinued item, and they wouldn't be able to fill the orders. It's poor customer service on their part to be telling people it was backordered if they knew no more were coming in.

This would have been my first Harbor Freight purchase. Looks like it'll be my last.

well they sent me another card today ..... can not be shipped because the manufacturer cannot supply it no letter no $10. coupon oh well like the old saying goes if it sounds too good to be true............................................

Same post card arrived here yesterday. Definitely not cool, Harbor Freight. I've had similar experience with Amazon, and they handled it much, much better.

Drat and dang it. I needed one more cord - I guess I'll have to start pricing it locally now.

Today I received a postcard from Harbor Freight that says:

"Dear Valued Customer

We regret to inform you that the following item(s):

Cnnot be shipped because the manufacturer cannot supply it an longer or because you requested it to be canceled. We are sorry for any inconcenience this may cause.

Customer Sarisfaction Department"

Hey guys, I have been head down with work, the display, and I am now out of the country in China on a biz trip (greetings from Shanghai), so I have not been up for air for awhile and am just now seeing the turmoil in this thread. I feel bad for those that had problems with this offer, and sounds like Harbor is getting a taste of what our community can to do to a vendor when we sniff out a good deal (or mistake). Sorry to cause undo thrash.

Well I'm not upset. I'm not out any money, and I haven't lost anything else. Just 3 minutes of my time to place the order.

I can't imagine it was done on purpose to annoy people. They just don't have an efficient/current inventory system. Now we know. *shrug*

I don't understand all the hate in this thread.

That said... For those of you who are so put out that you won't be buying from Harbor Friight in the future, I'll be happy to take the $10 gift cards off your hands. :)

I ordered 10 of these when they first came available. Then received a card acknowledging the order. Today received another card saying the manufacture is not shipping them and my order has been canceled.:(

GWH

Not to hijack the thread but if anyone comes across a 10%, 15% or 20% coupon code for ONLINE orders at Harbor Freight, please let me in on it... I'm looking to buy this and they don't stock it in the retail stores...

I just checked in with the thread on slickdeals.net where I first saw this deal posted. No one there is reporting having gotten the cords (except the guy who convinced a store to price match)

As a consolation prize, I was just at Lowe's. They had 75' green 16 gauge cords for $10. Not as good a deal, but if you need them for this year, it's the best price I've seen. A little bit better with a 10% off coupon, not to mention no shipping. (They also had the 40' version for $5.50 in both green and brown.)