I can get Colored Floods......

My husband is a lighting wholesaler...honestly I never really thought about this but I was researching the other day and found out he can get some of the lights we use here in LED

They are still expensive on a one bulb basis, but I thought I would see what type of lights people were wanting and even though it might be too late for this season, maybe we could do a mega sale for next year. I could ask Chuck once I find out what people use and if I could get it at a good price.

The lights I can get are not Chinese, these would be commercial grade american made lights with a warranty.

Here is a list of bulbs I can get, let me know how many you would be interested in of each if I could get them and I can scope out a price for us and go to Chuck:

MR16 - Red, Blue, Green and Amber, white

Compact Florescent Par Lamps - Red, Green, Amber, Blue, White, some come in Pink

Incandescent Floods (just about any size) including Par lamps -

-R20: Amber, Blue, Pink, Green, Dawn Pink, Red

Ask about others specifically

I can get projection lamps too for those who use projectors

I can get C7's and C9's and other individual Christmas bulbs, but it is only worth it in large quantities. they are available in Ceramic and Clear color.

Let me know what you all think

Definitely the MR-16's, but make sure you know how many LEDs are on the face as this varies widely. For pricing you need to check what other's are going for. I bought a bunch from wirekat this year for $5.00-6.00 each. The other area I would look into are the C9 replacement LED bulbs.

yeah, this is what the problem is here as far as price goes: most LED's come from Asia. This is where the problems with sockets rusting and diodes not being hooked up right, shorting out and stuff.

You can find them for $5 or $6 if you want, but you get what you pay for too.

The ones I am talking about cost more (considerably) but they are made here and have a 5 year warranty.

As far as the C7, and C9's the order would have to be in the 1000's for it to be worth it.

angel

My husband is a lighting wholesaler...honestly I never really thought about this but I was researching the other day and found out he can get some of the lights we use here in LED

Compact Florescent Par Lamps - Red, Green, Amber, Blue, White, some come in Pink

How about standard 48" Florescent bulbs in colors (esp Red)?

I never thought about the F48's in colors. My husband has a meeting with the manufacture this week as a matter of fact. I will ask him to get everything he can on all of their colored bulbs. We can at least see what they have available here right?

Even if we can't get the actual lamps, I think we can get the tubeguards that will change the color of the bulb. Those are cheap!

Dang...wish I could get purple - orange is Amber, that is probably more yellow then most ppl here want though.

Something to keep in mind since the petrolium lighting is digging us a hole LOL.

Angel

The other area I would look into are the C9 replacement LED bulbs.

Ditto. I would expect that anything dimmable would find a huge market. Lots of LED retro bulbs out there, but not that many that are truly dimmable.

I am going to use my controllers as a test this year and see what I can get that is dimmable. I noticed that even some full spectrum are not dimming right so I think it depends on where you get them manufactured.

One other thing I thought of is that tube guards would not be a bad idea even if they were clear on any fluorescent lamp you have outside. That way if it does break you won't have a huge mess on your hands.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto. I would expect that anything dimmable would find a huge market. Lots of LED retro bulbs out there, but not that many that are truly dimmable.

Have you tried the ones from Travis? I haven't used them in the display, but I have the sample pack, and at the MN mini we put them in a test board another attendee had, along with standard C9's, and they had very similar dimming performance...

Have you tried the ones from Travis? I haven't used them in the display, but I have the sample pack, and at the MN mini we put them in a test board another attendee had, along with standard C9's, and they had very similar dimming performance...

I've converted all of my C9's to these and their dimming performance is quite good.