The Ultimate Little Drummer Boy Thread!

Toymakr000

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not forgotten my promise-> I finally got a chance to run through my library today, and I found approximately 72 different versions of 'The Little Drummer Boy' in it.

The tracks are now ready to go. I just need to update my site with them, and I'll pass along a link as soon as I do (or more correctly: As soon as I remember how to use the software I installed on my site last year to play them!)

I'll share my sequence after I get it done! The problem is with all 1000 some odd versions of LDB that I've listened to, none of them are even close to what I want...

What I really want is a totally percussion instrumental version!

No piano, No guitar, No flute......The song is the little drummer boy, all he has to offer is his drum music...Why can't any musicians see that??? It's obvious! I even started looking into buying a drum set and lessons!!! It's out of my budget but I still researched it!!!

Sorry for my drummer boy rant....Just frustrated by 2 years of looking:confused:

After deleting some duplicates, it turns out I only had 68 different versions. Bummer. Ok, here they are:

http://www.landolights.com/main/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,72/

I didn't listen to all of them, so I can't really tell you which ones are good for sequencing. There may also be some duplicates vs what was already posted on this thread.

If you find one or two that you like and need help finding, let me know and I'll dig up some more information for you.

I'll share my sequence after I get it done! The problem is with all 1000 some odd versions of LDB that I've listened to, none of them are even close to what I want...

What I really want is a totally percussion instrumental version!

No piano, No guitar, No flute......The song is the little drummer boy, all he has to offer is his drum music...Why can't any musicians see that??? It's obvious! I even started looking into buying a drum set and lessons!!! It's out of my budget but I still researched it!!!

Sorry for my drummer boy rant....Just frustrated by 2 years of looking:confused:

The closest thing I have found to what you are describing is The Little Drummer Boy by the Crash Test Dummies (it has a brass intro at the beginning and end of the song [could be edited out with Audacity] and limited instrumentation during the song only on the whole notes)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...