2009 Halloween Lights Video Winner: "Under The Sea"

Don't I wish....No really, my video IS a winner...Based on a poll of the members of my immediate family!

I wish there was a contest I could have entered.

But here is one of my better sequences of my new Halloween setup, I just captured this high def video last night with my Canon Vixia HF10, same camcorder I used last year. The song is Under The Sea from Disney's Little Mermaid soundtrack. Her eis th elink to it on YouTube:

Enjoy!

haloween2009-1.JPG

Edited by jeffostroff

Don't I wish....No really, my video IS a winner...Based on a poll of the members of my immediate family!

I wish there was a contest I could have entered.

But here is one of my better sequences of my new Halloween setup, I just captured this high def video last night with my Canon Vixia HF10, same camcorder I used last year. The song is Under The Sea from Disney's Little Mermaid soundtrack. Her eis th elink to it on YouTube:

Jeff you are onto something there. Its been a while since I seen something new and creative and I like that. You definately rate very high on entertainment value, its something you really want to sit back and watch. Its another leeping light arch!! Absolutely fantastic!!! Very very creative too. I hope you dont mind if I attempt to mimick it at some point on my display. I will surely call it the Ostroff Light Wheel if asked.

Joseph, I actually recodred in high def video every step as we built this giant wheel, I hope to have the how to video ready in a few days.

You know guy, for the talent you have and your display... what you need is a yard that is about 3 times bigger then it is, to handle all your lights and ideas, hehehe. Maybe you can see if your neighbor will let you stretch over into their yard.

• 1 month later...

that wheel is incredible!! i had thought of doing a wheel but nothing like what yours turned out to be!!..

hope you asrent offended if i add something similar to my 010 display... I was thinking it would be cool to outline each pie slice in a different color lights than the fill or do multiple colors.. it could eat channels but the effects are endless that you can do with it!!

great Job

-Christopher

Sure you can add my wheel design to your display, that's this forum is about, we all share ideas. We all copied Ken Maxwell and a few others when we made our arches anyway.

My wife wanted me to add a rope light to outline each of the 12 pie shaped net light sections on the wheel. I had one on there to test it out, you can see it on the video, it's on the 12 O'clock position on the wheel, a red LED light rope. Basically I was short of cash, I need $12 x 12 to do it, so maybe in the off season I might ad it.

I was looking at my spreadsheet of inventory for my lights and the wheel entry has this:

White LED Net Lights 1080 90 Number of setss: 12

Blue LED Spheres with minis inside 1200 100 Number of sets: 12

Total of lights: 2280

Edited by jeffostroff