Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready??? Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

What are the Walgreen's LEDs like?

I got 2 sets of of the green...Like any store brand i've seen there they are half-wave (and

like most brands the 2 halves of the set are wired out-of-phase...Home Depot is the only

one i found that doesn't do this)

Both color and brightness wize they look good...i haven't stretched a set out yet to

check it over (just plugged them in and left 'em in sitting there) hoping to get them in the

windows this weekend :)

For anyone who in interested:

I don't have LOR or any of the other fancy computer systems but do have a way to test

fading... Walgreens (C6), Walmart (the bare-LED ones), Home Depot (C3) <in all cases

here green> All fade just fine (and appear to match exactly rate-wize)

Also with the GE sets, that's correct, you can remove one bulb and they stay lit. However if you remove two in a row, they go out. Still not quite sure how that works.

Basically every 'pair' of bulbs is wired in parallel - if look at the wires between sockets - it

will alternate between 3 and 4...

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previously they lowered the 25% for a week or two, then went to 50%. Wonder if the same is happening this year.

Of course, then the question is, do you wait and see if they are still there at 50% off? And if so, will they still take the $3 coupon?

Was the price reduction just on the C5's, or all LEDs?

Here in Nashville, the GE EnergySmart C5 LEDs (clear and multi only) are on clearance for $7.48 (down from $9.97). Red and Blue were still regular price. I picked up another 60+ boxes tonight. Going to try to use some fusion spray paint to turn them into green LEDs as the last batch to convert my mega tree to all LED.

I just confirmed from my local Lowe's here in N. California. They will except the manufacturer coupon of $3 off the 50ct LED strands priced $3.97 on Black Friday. Most stores carry around 50-100 boxes so make it count. So if you can all wait .97$ for each strand is awesome. I will try to use the $10 off coupon as well. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

just wanted to let everyone know, I sent a letter to Lowes corporate asking if they would honor the 3.00 off coupon for black friday on the leds for 3.97, I got a phone call personally from my Lowe's of Easton Pa manager tom saying that they would and if there is any problems checking out to tell the cashier to call him up immediately. Just passing on the word.

just wanted to let everyone know, I sent a letter to Lowes corporate asking if they would honor the 3.00 off coupon for black friday on the leds for 3.97, I got a phone call personally from my Lowe's of Easton Pa manager tom saying that they would and if there is any problems checking out to tell the cashier to call him up immediately. Just passing on the word.

I have yet to see any LED's from Lowes advertised for 3.97 in Black Friday ads. Where did you see that?

Thanks,

Bill

yeah its a small little thing on the lower right side of the front page or the skinny little page thing.. ive looked at so many ads today i actually forget my self. It shows the M5 but its really the conical/wide angle style at mine but 3.97 with 3.00 off and .97 cent total, i dont care lol

They aren't in the NC ad. Just the Lowes store brand. :(

I thought the same thing when I got the ad yesterday, they look like the Lowe's store brand. However, on BlackFriday.info's Lowe's page, they list the GE LEDs as being 3.97.

Since someone actually got confirmation from Lowes that they'd honor the coupon, I hope this is just an error on the marketing dept.'s side and that I'll be able to get my cheap LEDs.

well just to make sure everyone is on the same page the WHITE/BLUE boxes have a GE logo on them, they are a ge brand just a cheaper version, they are reg 5.97 here and then the other GE better quality is 9.97 starting for 50 counts. Tomorrows sale will be 3.97 on the 5.97 boxes and then the 3.00 off. THese are GE ENERGY STAR colors but none the less GE, they have a very very minor flicker, now my eyes pick up the slightest bit of a flicker, so u can barely notice this flickr from 3 feet away so probably 50 feet or more u cant notice, i cant notice them on my display but the remaining Homo Depot lights i have left u can see a good flicker.

YES you need a coupon for each box purchased.... unknonw if black and white is allowed. On the link int he first page there is a "3 up" (3 coupons per page) so that might help on paper saving too....

well just to make sure everyone is on the same page the WHITE/BLUE boxes have a GE logo on them, they are a ge brand just a cheaper version, they are reg 5.97 here and then the other GE better quality is 9.97 starting for 50 counts. Tomorrows sale will be 3.97 on the 5.97 boxes and then the 3.00 off. THese are GE ENERGY STAR colors but none the less GE, they have a very very minor flicker, now my eyes pick up the slightest bit of a flicker, so u can barely notice this flickr from 3 feet away so probably 50 feet or more u cant notice, i cant notice them on my display but the remaining Homo Depot lights i have left u can see a good flicker.

YES you need a coupon for each box purchased.... unknonw if black and white is allowed. On the link int he first page there is a "3 up" (3 coupons per page) so that might help on paper saving too....

I used Black & White copies just fine.

I also found that it was the lowes brand that was on sale in the Atlanta area. Bought the GEs anyway, $2.97 per box is still pretty cheap for LEDs and is cheaper than the $3.97 Lowes brand. Both are cool white, but different bulb size and count. I now have lots of $10 off 50, but no money left to spend. LOL. There is one power tool I have my eyes on and the $10 does not expire until the end of January 2010 so .......

Well I had a very successful day with the $3 off manufactures coupon along with the $3.97 black Friday special. I wiped out the entire stock of 5 Lowe's. I bought a total of around 165 boxes ALL were only .97 cents a piece. I only had problems with one manager out of 6 stores. It wasn't until I left that I noticed that on the Lowe's website when you clicked the link it showed GE brand lights (50 count) at $3.97 and when you got to the door the actual sales literature showed a different kind of LED (the Holiday brand ). So indeed the marketing department made a HUGE mistake which some of us cashed in on. Thanks to the Fireman for the heads up. You helped make me and my family have a special holiday. Along with the 40 LED snowfall lights I have being shipped to me from Hong Kong. My 300+ year old Oak tree is going to look awesome. I'll post pictures on my own thread soon.

Merry Christmas!!

Chris "The Fire Guy" (Sacramento CA)

So, after I printed some 80 or 90 coupons to use for this deal, I too encountered the same thing. However, I was able to pull up the online ad from Blackfriday.com (they had an archived version) on my iPhone and showed the manager. They said they would honor the online price and they accepted the printable coupons for $3.00 off. The result? 50 count strings of GE LEDs for 97 cents a box.

4138627194_9c20818d32.jpg

81 boxes of both multi and bright white (too many to fit in the picture), grand total was $84.06. I also got some of the LED crystal balls that GE makes on clearance at the last of my stops, the other stores were already sold out of them, for 11.00 each. Of course I had to go to all 6 stores in Kansas City and the store in Topeka to find them all... and I still have coupons left. I'm only two hours away from one of the two stores left in the state, If you live in Kansas, I suggest you get 'em before I do!

It wasn't until I left that I noticed that on the Lowe's website when you clicked the link it showed GE brand lights (50 count) at $3.97 and when you got to the door the actual sales literature showed a different kind of LED (the Holiday brand ). So indeed the marketing department made a HUGE mistake which some of us cashed in on. (Sacramento CA)

Where on Lowes' website did you find this? I'm looking under "Weekly Ad" and still see nothing but the house brand.