I should have listened to you guys a little closer. Last nite i fired up the lites for a trial run. Started the sequence and BAM! No power! well it seems i overloaded one side with to many floods. After resetting and removing some floods everything was fine. Also,removed 20amp breaker and replaced wiyh 30amp. We are back in business.

Steve

You may want to buy a Kill-O-Watt meter $20-$30. I use it prior to plugging anything into the controller. This way I know my maximum draw. I plan to overload at least 1 of my controllers, but I'm being careful during programming to insure high draw items are never energized at the same time.

You may want to buy a Kill-O-Watt meter $20-$30. I use it prior to plugging anything into the controller. This way I know my maximum draw. I plan to overload at least 1 of my controllers, but I'm being careful during programming to insure high draw items are never energized at the same time.

That's a big help. You can also download the lorpowerutility http://www.t2lights.com/christmas/lorutility.html

This works with LOR sequences and will show you where in your sequence you're pulling most of your power and will help you make adjustments. Sometimes just lowering the power on a couple strings might make all the difference.

NEVER-EVER replace breakers with a higher rated one. The wiring is matched to the size of the breaker. If you overload, you can BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN. The chances of you having the correct size wiring for the new breaker are approaching zero (otherwise they would have used that breaker size to begin with)

I'm not one to use all-caps in posts, but this situation calls for it. Please listen to this and don't do something dumb over Christmas lights...

-Tim

Please listen to the warnings. Upsizing a breaker without replacing the wiring for the circuit makes it possible for you to overheat the wiring. This can quickly lead to a fire.

Keep in mind that the fire will probably not happen at the outlet on the outside of your house. It will likely be inside an interior wall (possibly next to or under a bedroom).

Kill-A-Watt deal

$18.99, with free shipping.

steve you need 2 things

1. a kill-a-watt tester....... its easy to use , and tells you how meny amps you are drawing

and its under 20 bucks delivered to your door.

2. a new 20 amp breaker, and keep your amps at 80% , whitch would be 16 amps.

do these 2 things and you will be just fine

NEVER-EVER replace breakers with a higher rated one. The wiring is matched to the size of the breaker. If you overload, you can BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN. The chances of you having the correct size wiring for the new breaker are approaching zero (otherwise they would have used that breaker size to begin with)

-Tim

What Tim said^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also,removed 20amp breaker and replaced wiyh 30amp. We are back in business.

Steve

Make sure you have a phone in your hand at all times with 91 dialed. Then all you have to do is dial 1 to get 911 and the fire dept on the way..

There is a reason there was a 20 amp breaker on the circut. It is probably 12/2 romex

you need at least 10 gauge and I would really go with 8 gauge to run 30 amps.