Lowes LED's

I believe the spool you're talking about is the Holiday Living brand? From what I saw last year, they're not the best.

Lowe's is really confusing this year. They have two types of GE lights. The ones in the White/Green box, labeled "Energy Smart," are full-wave, work great with LOR, and come in warm white. I bought a few cases of these last year, one string was "bad" (the plug was finicky, I didn't realize it until I'd tossed the box, and it was too late to return. I was able to tape the wire at a certain angle, and it worked fine all year. After the season, I sent it for warranty replacement and got a new string, no problem.) So far I'm at a 100% success rate on these for this year. No off season rusting, but I have a few strings to check still. In my opinion, these lights look great.

They have another type in a white/blue box called "StayBright." I don't have experience with these, but they're about half the price and other members have reported them as being half-wave. They come in cool white.

Then they have the Holiday Living bulk rolls. As I said, I was very unimpressed by the Holiday Living brand lights last year. I thought they were very dim for LEDs and had a very noticeable flicker. That being said, they may have improved from last year, so let us know what you think if you decide to try them out.

The 200 ct rolls this year have no flicker and are very bright... They are similar in brightness to Travis' Pure white LEDs except they have a bit more blueish hue...

The problem I have with these is, the manufactured must have not kept them in a dry place; I had to return two rolls because they had rust on the leads. So just be careful if you are buying these, because once the rust is on there its only a matter of time before they stop working.

I also purchased the GE LED strings in the "Energy Smart" (green & white box, manufactured by Santa's Best Craft LTD, Lowes SKU 0087198). I purchased the blue lights which have both a blue LED and blue cover. Of 28 strings, one had the same "finicky" plug mentioned in the earlier post. The issue was actually in the female end, so I missed it during unboxing and a quick check. Bending the prongs of the adjacent male plug together slightly solved the issue, at least temporarily. The blue (and red) only LEDs are apparently available in limited quantities at each store. Each Lowes received 2 cases of red/blue - 12 boxes per case. Since each case contains 6 boxes of each color, no more than 12 boxes of each color are available per store. I had to canvas three stores in mid october to get all I needed. I did a pretty thorough internet search. These lights are not available in blue through any other retailer.

hmmm wonder if I bought the wrong LED's. I have bought 26 boxes of the GE "Staybright" in the white/ blue box, SU# 8744990112.

I'am not sure what full/ half wave means, this will be my first year with all LED lights.

The white/blue are the "cheaper" LEDs. They're half-wave (which means not as bright, though it may or may not be noticeable.) They may work with LOR, I haven't tested them, but I've heard others have. They are also "Cool White," which is the blueish white, rather than the yellowish white of regular incandescents.

Warm/Cool is a matter of preference. I'm a Warm White guy, otherwise I'd have checked these out. I've got half-wave Wal-Mart LEDs i'm using this year. They look great and fade perfectly.

I have tested the GE 50 count strings on LOR with no problems, however, for some reason my D-Light AC/8s won't turn off if I plug more than 6 strings together on one channel. 7 Strings and they don't turn off, six strings and they run just fine. Since I used 11 strings to wrap the porch I am running them on two channels. I think all the resistors along the line must be messing with the gating on the controller.

The white/blue are the "cheaper" LEDs. They're half-wave (which means not as bright, though it may or may not be noticeable.) They may work with LOR, I haven't tested them, but I've heard others have. They are also "Cool White," which is the blueish white, rather than the yellowish white of regular incandescents.

Warm/Cool is a matter of preference. I'm a Warm White guy, otherwise I'd have checked these out. I've got half-wave Wal-Mart LEDs i'm using this year. They look great and fade perfectly.

Thanks Steve, I will cross my fingers when my LOR system arrives that these lights will work or I have alot of lights to restring, yuck!

Guest csx5861

I purchased two of the 200 ct. L.E.D. spools (multi-color) from Lowes (this year 2009), they are also connected to the Phillips brand I purchased last year from Target (60 ct string/multi) and both seem to be equal in color and saturation. They have been working well for me and thus far no issues. I also have brands from Wal-Mart and Home Depot with no issues and I'm in Florida where the weather can be rainy one moment and blistering hot the next. Thus far, both the new and last years sets are all holding up well in the current weather (rain and heat).

Here's a suggestion to those that may not think about this: If there is a problem with rust in L.E.D. strings why not go to your local auto parts store and buy some of that WHITE NON-CONDUCTIVE GREASE used in automobile light sockets? It keeps your cars light sockets from rusting or corroding in the weather, so why not use it inside the L.E.D. sockets and on the L.E.D. leads to do the same?

I know it may be tedious depending on the number of L.E.D.'s on a string, but wouldn't this be cheaper than just allowing them to rust and then tossing them out?, especially if the rust/corrosion and oxidation could be prevented using this non-conductive grease on and in them? When I take mine down this year, I'll be doing this to each of my sets to help prolong their life and working order.

Remember, the grease HAS to be NON-CONDUCTIVE! If it's conductive, you're going to short out the L.E.D. set!

These work great with LOR or D-light boards... Better than the green boxes in my opinion. They are also very bright... You can't tell the difference at all.

Huh. I had no idea these were full wave. I bought 31 boxes of the C5's warm whites today.

I believe the spool you're talking about is the Holiday Living brand? From what I saw last year, they're not the best.

Lowe's is really confusing this year. They have two types of GE lights. The ones in the White/Green box, labeled "Energy Smart," are full-wave, work great with LOR, and come in warm white. I bought a few cases of these last year, one string was "bad" (the plug was finicky, I didn't realize it until I'd tossed the box, and it was too late to return. I was able to tape the wire at a certain angle, and it worked fine all year. After the season, I sent it for warranty replacement and got a new string, no problem.) So far I'm at a 100% success rate on these for this year. No off season rusting, but I have a few strings to check still. In my opinion, these lights look great.

They have another type in a white/blue box called "StayBright." I don't have experience with these, but they're about half the price and other members have reported them as being half-wave. They come in cool white.

Then they have the Holiday Living bulk rolls. As I said, I was very unimpressed by the Holiday Living brand lights last year. I thought they were very dim for LEDs and had a very noticeable flicker. That being said, they may have improved from last year, so let us know what you think if you decide to try them out.

I'd posted earlier in this thread re: the GE C7 LED "Energy Smart" strings. Unfortunately I've been losing strings about one per night. Strings, when they fail, fry all LEDs on that string. I've posted a thread re: the issue here http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?p=405930#post405930 in case anyone else is experiencing problems with these particular strings.