Does anyone have any ideas for a good show opener? A couple years ago I used the "Broken" THX song, but last year I didn't use anything. I would like something that is upbeat and fun. Does anyone have any good ideas for a great show opener?

We've discussed this in another thread a couple of months ago, but I can't find it. Here's what I do, I use the part of Christmas Vacation when Clark is about to plug in the lights. The drumroll thing. When the symbles crash, I just flicker my star on and off a few times.

For me, I mostly see the show opener as a waste; however, a closer is definitely necessary. When the show starts, people are never here hangin around; yet, when it's done, there is always someone who sits out there thinking another song will play. I use the Looney Tunes "That's All Folks" to get rid of the stragglers...

For me, I mostly see the show opener as a waste; however, a closer is definitely necessary. When the show starts, people are never here hangin around; yet, when it's done, there is always someone who sits out there thinking another song will play. I use the Looney Tunes "That's All Folks" to get rid of the stragglers...

I am using that as a closer this year too, right after Wishes. But I disagree with you about an opener. Once my display got noticed last year, I always had a ton of people waiting, sometimes 20 minutes early to get a good spot.

We're using THX, A short version of the Jock Jams "Welcome to the big show" followed by a modified version of the Epcot Illuminations show intro, which leads right in to the first movement of Reflections of Earth.

Folks might not be around at the very start, but these are part of the full show, so they loop around with everything else.

I am using that as a closer this year too, right after Wishes. But I disagree with you about an opener. Once my display got noticed last year, I always had a ton of people waiting, sometimes 20 minutes early to get a good spot.
Your doomed this year then...When people start jockeying for a spot, a referee will soon be required.

Wishes from the Disney fireworks show?

Also, I think Be Our Guest would be a fun opener.

I am using a sorta long version (2:03) I created of the Clark Griswold lighting ceremony. I found several short versions available, but I ripped the audio from the DVD and used Audacity to edit it down to what I wanted. It may be a little long, but we like it. I probably will not use it each and every time the show starts.

Chris

We've discussed this in another thread a couple of months ago, but I can't find it. Here's what I do, I use the part of Christmas Vacation when Clark is about to plug in the lights.

I am using that one this year - with a twist - synched to video also!

That clip sounds like a neat and fun idea. Does anyone have that audio already ripped? I have the DVD and can do it, but thought it would be easier is someone has it already. If not, I can rip it myself.

I'm also seriously considering the "Let's get ready to rumble" intro, although that isn't Christmassy. :121_reindeer:

Thanks,