WHere are you with your display and when is light up?

Icicles done, mega tree done (needs to be tightened up though), mini trees done, arches done, windows done, sidewalk and driveway lined with candy canes, and equencing 99% done. The next week I will run all my power and cat5. I hope to have it all done by Black Friday.

STRESSING OUT BIG TIME!!!!!!!!:eek: Only 8 days til light up and A TON left to do. On the to do list:

Lights up on gutters

Snowflakes on roof

All yard decor needs to be put out which is (2 deer, 1 snow man, 4 rope light trees, manger, peanuts gang, angel, wireframe Jesus sign, small pond for deer, Merry Christmas sign, radio sign, donation box, 1 ginger bread family and 1 set of presents at mega tree)!!!

Once that's done I still have to run all my cords (which should be a real treast considering this is my first year doing an animated show)???

8 days left and 6 of those I'll hae to work in the dark 2-3 hours a night!!! They are also calling for rain both Sat. & Sun.!

Hope I make it????

Got the icicles on the house and most of the shrubs wrapped with lights today. Nearly finished my new nativity stable -- everything but the roof and the manger. I can't decide what I am going to put on the roof. I would like to do cedar shingles but we will see. I'll put out all of the wireframes and blow molds on Thanksgiving morning. Light up Thanksgiving night at 6 pm.

3 new LOR controllers I built this year, haven't been powered up and tested yet. Two 20' Arches built ( but I might turn them into 4 10 footers ) 7 micro trees wrapped ( 20" tall ) neither of which are set up yet, and a Mega Tree still in design stage. Also still have an 80' ropelight fence to put up (to keep the neighbor's kids from walking across the yard) and inflateables to set up. Oh, and two new AC circuits to run.

No sequences yet, but I have three 16ch from last year to start with, and some from a friend I can modify. I'm not too worried about the sequencing right now, once everything is wired up, that should fall into place. My only concern is putting the Mega Tree on one controller, not sure what the power budget is going to be yet.

I do have the window frames up and vertical light strips on the house. Still working on the sofit lights. The house outline and windows are done with concave LED lights, mounted in either a pvc strip or on wood strip for even spacing. I think I like the looks of the uniform spacing better. Blue LEDs sure are bright.

Hopefully I can get everything out and powered up by Sat after Thanksgiving. Won't be lighting up Thanksgiving since I plan to ride out to BLearning's. Jfelix, I'll be eating Turkey right around the corner from you, we will have to come by there first if you're lighting up Thanksgiving.

I started with the roof after my class this morning. The goal is to have the roof and house done by tomorrow night so I can turn the show on if need be for that part. The goal for next weekend is the yard and mega tree to complete the display. I picked up 2 rolls of snow for the yard on Tuesday and finished a new 8' medium mega tree to blink with the mega tree last weekend but still need to make the 4 power cables. I try to avoid extension cords.

I've been working a lot of hours for the last couple of months so I didn't get done the mini mega tree to blink with the big and medium trees, 8 more 3' mini trees for the right side of the yard, and another jeweled tree. Oh well, there's still 5 more weeks to Christmas :santasmileyitty:

We are so behind, Thanks to my mother-in-law, she lives with us now. She decided to go ahead and have her hip replaced. So we have been back and forth to the doctors prior to surgery, all of which were on my off days. The surgery is now completed and she is in Rehab....YES...:)

We are trying to get the rest of the display out in the yard.

Finished: Roof outline

All windows and door (2 colors each)

8 New swags

6 extremely colorfull Pride trees (Luv them)

11 toy solidiers

4 leaping arches

Still left: All wreaths must be put up.

40 candy canes that line our sidewalk.

130 ft of rope light arches on the driveway (not in the show)

All the inflatables

All the blowmolds

Mini arches on the porch roof

16 snowflakes on the roof

Most importantly, everything needs drop cords hooked up

We are not having a mega tree this year, not enough channels left. Working with only 32 channels, and 16 of them are for the leaping arches. Over half the lights are now LEDs

We still have the entire inside of the house to do, before Dec 5th. Our big party....!!!!!!!!

We will get it done....HO HO Ho

We are real close to done. Tomorrow I have to hang all the ornament balls and the sparkle balls, wire up about 32 channels and make about 16 extension cords.

I hope everything will be done tomorrow. Looks like the rain is going to hold off.

The final project will be to add lights to all the garland and wreaths for the subdivision entrance decorations. Oh and hang that up too.

Final counts for the 4 houses will be close to 110,000 lights and 256 channels.

Larry

This is my first year of doing this....

Oh my word! My brain has been waking me up anywhere between between 2 and 4am the past several days. Being a school teacher...have a few days off. Oh my aching back!

I have a modest setup but between the rain and some other few snafu's...kind of slow me down. Hope to be ready by 6:30pm Friday....I hope ;-)

All seven houses are up and running ... we are just chilling a few hours before SHOWTIME

As cold as it is tonight, I'd say you were chilling during the show too.

Just got back home from being there, everything looks great. Love the giant lollypops, and the water effect, looks cool.

Bill just wanted to mention, when I left, the FM reached to about 2/3 down toward Daniel St.

I hope to finish my MegaTree Friday and get all the controllers wired, then some odds and ends. Will have to run a non-syncronized animation for a few nights while I 'start' work on sequencing. :(

I am starting to think my show is never going to run. Have a little more than half the controllers wired, still have some more trees to add white to, grid the yard, put out Elton and now my 14 foot arches that worked before I put them up decided to only partially work now that they are up. And the controller I bought has yet to arrive and it shipped out last week.

I am starting to think my show is never going to run. Have a little more than half the controllers wired, still have some more trees to add white to, grid the yard, put out Elton and now my 14 foot arches that worked before I put them up decided to only partially work now that they are up. And the controller I bought has yet to arrive and it shipped out last week.

Ouch, we drove by Thursday night, it was dark, but looked like you were almost done. (My sister lives right around the corner on Mt Tabor Church Rd.)

At 1am Friday night, I finally finished my 15' Mega Tree. 8 slices green, 4 slices red, I'm now convinced the crank idea is the way to go. Controllers will be wired in today ( Sat ) and several more items put in place.

How in the world was I thinking I had all year to get this done. Sequencing starts tonight.

Finally got everything up and wired, and created the show and sechedule files. Tested at sunset, and discovered that audio mix with video had failed. (re-mixing video and audio tonight), Set sequences to run witout video and all ran well. I'll reset tomorrow evening for audio with video. I'll post pics next week.

I think everyone has been running behind. Tonight I finally got everything done outside, controllers wired, etc. just got finished wiring up the Ramsey, range test on it is pretty good.

For now, I'm running all channels static at 30% intensity. Hope I can get a few songs sequenced this week.

Hi everyone,

I fortunately got everything set up and running for Thanksgiving evening. Considering it is my first year with LOR, I am very pleased as to how it turned out and how few problems I had.

My grand kids love it; everyone who has viewed the show have given me comments like awesome, fantastic, unreal, etc. Here's some pics, but no videos yet. Please stop by if you get a chance. I'd really like some professional opinions.

Richard