I know I should have a sense of humor,but....

Actually let me re-phrase my previous statement: The owner of the site is a useless degenerate who for some odd reason thinks he can poke fun at peoples work. In his emails page it says he doesn't put up lights because he doesn't want to end up on his own site. That pretty sad.

I could sit here and insult you back, but I don't judge people simply from forum posts. For all I know, you have a lovely family and a good job, and like to decorate your house for the holidays. Good for you.

(Never gonna give, never gonna give... give you up!)

Make sure to follow my twitter account! Can't say I'll be updating the blog that much.

Guest Matilda

Absolutely hilarious!

I wish some other pro-Christmas light sites were as well organized as this anti-Christmas light site is! :D

However... it did get uncomfortable reading some of the 'fan mail'... it did make me very sad to think of someone out there spending all that time and obvious intelligence on negativity... Think what he could do celebrating something he enjoyed!

Wish he were on our team!! ;)

Absolutely hilarious!

I wish some other pro-Christmas light sites were as well organized as this anti-Christmas light site is! :D

However... it did get uncomfortable reading some of the 'fan mail'... it did make me very sad to think of someone out there spending all that time and obvious intelligence on negativity... Think what he could do celebrating something he enjoyed!

Wish he were on our team!! ;)

Yeah, but as Tim knows, I love you guys. ;)

It's odd - the fan mail page actually generates a LOT of mail, usually from people responding to the letters on the page itself. I don't update it often; the e-mail I receive is overwhelmingly positive.

I've seen that site for years and as Tim said at the beginning of this thread, its been discussed here many times before. It doesn't bother me in the least, there is a lot of humor there (but I enjoy sarcasm). Some of the displays are works of art, others may need a bit of help depending upon what your asthetic is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the site is a guilty pleasure for many people. Sure, they write in to the fan mail section and many of the comments are cruel and negative. I skip and ignore them, ho hum.. there are always going to be those that bash.

Could it be those that write in feel inadequate.. a case of "light envy?" :giggle:

That was what got me. The fan mail section. From both sides;the emailer and the responses.

I've seen that site for years and as Tim said at the beginning of this thread, its been discussed here many times before. It doesn't bother me in the least, there is a lot of humor there (but I enjoy sarcasm). Some of the displays are works of art, others may need a bit of help depending upon what your asthetic is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the site is a guilty pleasure for many people. Sure, they write in to the fan mail section and many of the comments are cruel and negative. I skip and ignore them, ho hum.. there are always going to be those that bash.

Could it be those that write in feel inadequate.. a case of "light envy?" :giggle:

I agree,there are some displays that are pitiful and make me wonder "why bother?". I don't know why I look at the "fan mail" sections of ANY site. I like studying human behavior,I think you know that,Carrie. Sometimes I wish I didn't look though. I hate knowing that there so many angry people in the world,even though I'm one of them once in a while. But I'm angry that so many stupid people are still roaming around. Like the ones on the highway. I thought about becoming a cop. Not anymore. Wouldn't be a good idea,what with the gun and all.;)

A couple captions are "cute" but what I find interesting is what some people are doing to decorate. There are some really neat ideas out there. (Window boxes with scenes, etc.)

One thing I learned over the years is that people tend to be bullies on the Internet. People have no problem saying the first things which comes to their minds whereas in face to face conversation people tend to tone it down.

Another thing is that many of those pictures where purposely taken at odd angles or there were obvious signs of tampering with the decorations. And there are more and more people out there who enjoy all that time off at Christmas and have no idea what the meaning of Christmas is. If they knew, websites like that would be for praising people's attempts.

The thing you must take away from such a discussion is - does it make YOU feel better. When I worked on the railroad I used to get lots of complaints about smoke and noise and such. But it only took the one young boy or girl who you made their day for them to make yours!

Celebrate Christmas and detractors be "darned to Heck." :121_reindeer:

The thing you must take away from such a discussion is - does it make YOU feel better. When I worked on the railroad I used to get lots of complaints about smoke and noise and such. But it only took the one young boy or girl who you made their day for them to make yours!

Celebrate Christmas and detractors be "darned to Heck." :121_reindeer:

You're right about that. I have friends that don't understand my Christmas light addiction,and it doesn't bother me. The feeling I get when I see Christmas lights can never be taken away because one of my friends thinks it's stupid. I feel sad for anyone that doesn't know that feeling about ANYTHING.

I like this one the most...look at the title of it and compare it to the picture....

http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/2008_collection/hitmen.html

But some of those comments are not necessary...I would never post my display on the site...but hey I love some of the other displays...

What fell over in the yard?