Think i'll make it?

O.k here is the deal......i am a newbie and have just purchased 64 channels...and this is my plan

8 mini tree

1 mega tree

2 arches

house lights

and programming

as of now i have nothing done.....i plan on working on this every minute i have till done....anyone out there have my back ...i need to be cheered on...lol....its about to get crazy around here..

YIKES! Well I have your back, but I think you are in over your head a bit!

I have 64 channels (new this year), someone else doing the sequencing, my house lights up (3 colors) and nothing else up. I have all the necessary wire/cords, controlers are ready to go out and be plugged in, extra breakers added and ready to go, FM transmitter on the way, "Tune to" sign being made, all lights are ready to go out, I just have to work too much! I feel like I'm not going to be able to get it all done, and I'm waaaay ahead of you at this point. All my display items (trees, arches, etc.) are all built and ready, stuff from last season.

If you have all day, every day, and night... from now until december 1, you may make it!

O.k here is the deal......i am a newbie and have just purchased 64 channels...and this is my plan

8 mini tree

1 mega tree

2 arches

house lights

and programming

as of now i have nothing done.....i plan on working on this every minute i have till done....anyone out there have my back ...i need to be cheered on...lol....its about to get crazy around here..

....Nope....

Well, I was going to say buy some canned sequences until you said "Mega tree" With that you cannot buy precanned cause it will look terrible, It would look like a 6 channel arch with Mr.Chrsitmas lights and sounds. So, I am not sure if you will make it. If you can stay up all night at some times. Yes. But you will need a team of people, atleast 2 helpers for you.

8 mini tree

1 mega tree

2 arches

house lights

and programming

Its possible if you don't have a job, require no sleep, and have a couple of helpers (and make sure to keep those potty breaks down to no more than 2 minutes each)

Teasing ya, anything is possible if you want it bad enough. I wish you the best of luck.

I did it with 64 channels in 2006... never had an animated display before in my life.. bought some controllersm strung some lights and learned to sequence... and that was with crappy AL software... using LOR S2 will help out big time with your programming... also you dont have to light up thanksgiving night... you can light up that saturday or sunday or even into the next week and still hjave plenty of time for your display.

remember lots of people with static displays dont even put up and light up till that first weekend in december.. so i say yes go for it.. have some fun with it..

I find the time crunch a bit of a challenge and a lot of fun myself.. I grew my display to 176 channels and over 25,000 lights this year from 2007's display of 64 channels and about 10,000 lights (there was no display in 2008)... and im still adding, building., wiring and programming.. I really didnt have a chance to start my display planning and programming thisyear till mid - late september because I travelled for work all year..

I would suggest downloading some sequences and then modifying them to suit your tastes.. often the timings and events are already done and you can add channels, copy channels for esp your mega tree chase scenes and such... keep your sequences simple for this first year and then build on them for the following years...

-Christopher

I did it with 64 channels in 2006... never had an animated display before in my life.. bought some controllersm strung some lights and learned to sequence... and that was with crappy AL software... using LOR S2 will help out big time with your programming... also you dont have to light up thanksgiving night... you can light up that saturday or sunday or even into the next week and still hjave plenty of time for your display.

remember lots of people with static displays dont even put up and light up till that first weekend in december.. so i say yes go for it.. have some fun with it..

I find the time crunch a bit of a challenge and a lot of fun myself.. I grew my display to 176 channels and over 25,000 lights this year from 2007's display of 64 channels and about 10,000 lights (there was no display in 2008)... and im still adding, building., wiring and programming.. I really didnt have a chance to start my display planning and programming thisyear till mid - late september because I travelled for work all year..

I would suggest downloading some sequences and then modifying them to suit your tastes.. often the timings and events are already done and you can add channels, copy channels for esp your mega tree chase scenes and such... keep your sequences simple for this first year and then build on them for the following years...

-Christopher

well i think i made it!!!!!

thankyou to all who supported me and helped me with all my questions

i made and set up

1-12 tall - 16 channel mega tree

8- 3 foot-mini trees

2 -12 foot arches

house and window lights

tree in the yard light

ran 4 20 amp gfis

have about 5 sequences ready

total-12,600 lights