Illinois progress

Okay, how is everyone faring with their display set up? It would be nice to hear what everyone is doing and how far along in the process you are. There are two of us here in Glenview..I know Hoyt is ahead of me, but so far my roof is almost complete, 2,400 LEDs, 4 wireframe double bells, and 16 Grand Venture angels..just need to get a 5' Santa and controller up there, and get it all wired.

Today I'm working on ground stuff (hubby is not home and he made me promise to stay off the roof when he's out), putting in the perimeter fencing and getting the reindeer ready to fly.

Lights are on the gutters both floors, the grinch is on the roof, the deer are flying, the railroad track is in place, Santa's tree is on porch ready to be fluffed, 12 northpoles completed, the candy tree has all it's lights and storbes just in need of the candies and blowmolds are in the basement all re-corded and ready to come up.

I took Thur and Fri of last week off and am doing the same this week. I have a bunch of stuff left to do and get out. There is rain in the forcast for Thursday here so I may just be cleaning and staging all day to get ready for the next round of items to get put up.

I've been posting pictures and progress on my website.

From the Suthurn end of the state:

Am waaaay behind. Only have the roof (200-odd strings) and one megatree done. Still have arches, minis, nativity, and a few more sequences to finish.:eek: Seemingly constant flow of spectators wanting to know when the "On" date is; which is Nov.27

I have my lights put up around my mobile home. I dug out all my blowmolds lastnight to get them ready to be put out this weekend. I have to replace a few bulbs and a couple of cords yet. I'm planning on putting the rest of my lights up this week if the rain moves out of here. I'm hoping to have everything in place and lights turned on Thanksgiving night.

So far I have all the C-9's, icicles, window frames and roof lights on house. 20' mega tree is up, tree in the yard is wrapped, fence surrounding the yard is up. Next going up is the wreaths on house, arches, leaping light poles, mini trees, controllers, then blow molds will start to flock the yard.

On top of all this, I still have sequencing to finish. Ugh..

Edited by Brandon

I seem to be ahead of schedule considering I start October 1st -I have my roof covered with mini's and c9's, My driveway structure is up and ready, all of my blowmolds are out and installed, bushed and tree's are done and just doing some wiring now! Also have two songs left to tweak sequencing - start date is Dec. 4th and and I might be ready by next Friday! - Surprise!

I have updated pictures on our website with weekly progress:

www.sawallischfamilychristmas.net

Good Luck everyone and Carrie be careful on the roof!

Hey Bill, the displays coming along nicely as always.

I still need to get on the roof, wrap the chimney, set out the yard, and finish the fans on the 3 leaping arches. I have most of the trees assembled along with the mini-mega, driveway and yard arches are done along with the leaping arches. So far I have about 7,500 lights up with another 12,000 to go. I'm way behind where I normally am but with 4 kids under 6 its hard to really get going.

I'm gonna sneak in...I live close enough to Illinois...a mile!

I've got 1300 LEDs up right now...and hope to get the rest of my house lights up this weekend (7-8k). Hopefully the rainly weather will stop at least for the weekend!

Luke, the rain is supposed to move out..weekend is supposed to be in the low 50s! but overcast..I can live with that.

I'm still at school and wont be home until Wednesday when the mad rush starts to get everything up by Friday evening. My parents and I are able to get our display up in about 3 days. They started working on some of the smaller stuff this weekend, testing, etc. I am finishing up the animation for this year...just adding a song (maybe 2).

Its pouring rain here..my display progress is about 15% complete and its now at a screeching halt. I won't be able to go near it again until Friday. Bummer, but that's life.

So far I have my roof complete, 2400 LEDs, 16 angles, 4 wireframe double bells, 5 foot Santa, controller is up there and I ran a test sequence on Sunday night. Happily, everything worked perfectly.

I have the swags on the gutters, ornaments hanging from the eves; bedroom and living room windows are outlined in lights, perimeter candy cane fence is mostly up, little tykes village is taking shape, 2 christmas trees are up, Santa's Workshop sign got mounted on 10 foot fence posts, covered in PVC and candy caned, lamp post has been candy caned, and I have a bucket lift coming on Sat. morning. Wish me luck, I'm hoping to get my Maple tree wrapped in record time so I can concentrate on putting out 300 blow molds and all the lights.

Started the inside too, but that will wait until after the outside is finished.

Should all be cool if I don't collapse! :D

Almost done! Still have one megatree left to put up, the nativity, and 5 minis. Then its debug/tweak time, with only three days remaining. It seems that no matter how early one starts setup, it always comes down to the 11th hour on completion.:rolleyes:

• 11 months later...