Roof display

I think the only way I can display all of my blowmolds without having them vandalized or stolen,in my neighborhood,is to put all of them on the roof. Wouldn't that be funny? Nothing in the yard,just everything on the roof. That would confuse the neighbors. :giggle:

Why do you think my Santa is flying! I know this way nobody can mess with him! I think it would be great to see a roof full of molds! I say go for it! Tom

Since my neighborhood is relatively new,all of the tree's were mowed down to build. So the wind here is horrendous. Anything I put up there blows off and I've tried many methods just to keep my santa/sleigh from coming down. Nothing has worked. I guess I could throw a big net over the entire roof?:giggle:

I think that it would be really unique to have all of your molds on the roof.

I chuckled when I first read it but the more I think about it, it sounds like a good idea. Unless I am mistaken, you will be the first to do this. Your display will be remembered.

I thought about it the other day when I saw an art car going down the road with all sorts of junk stuck to it.

No, but the pitch isn't bad at all..using a platform for the nativity would be the only tricky part..the good part is, I wouldn't need risers for the choir as they would be staggered up the roof to the peak.

So you'd have a platform straddling the roof line?

I bet it would not be too hard to put your molds in place with those big c7 shingle clips that slide up under the shingles. That should hold them in place. I would maybe then put a sand bag or a brick in it to give it some weight. If nothing else, run rope from the mold to the back of the house and anchor it down. I put my santa and sleigh up on the roof years ago but the wind would blow it over and scratch it all up so I stopped putting it up there.

I bet it would not be too hard to put your molds in place with those big c7 shingle clips that slide up under the shingles. That should hold them in place. I would maybe then put a sand bag or a brick in it to give it some weight. If nothing else, run rope from the mold to the back of the house and anchor it down. I put my santa and sleigh up on the roof years ago but the wind would blow it over and scratch it all up so I stopped putting it up there.

Same with my santa/sleigh. I'm going to try out a new method this year,though. The last time I tried it,I think it was kids that yanked it down by the cord. So I'm going to run the extension cord to the backyard so they can't reach it.

We have a gentleman in Northern Virginia that uses his roof. From what I can tell he drills screws right into the roof. Here are some pictures of his house.

http://www.fairfaxchristmaslights.com/tcl2.php?rate=1&xid=1010

Mark

oh...my....god thats a lot of stuff! i bet the pizza delivery guys have a hard time finding the front door lol

i had lumber delivered about a week ago and i gave my address to the guy, then he wanted instructions. i mean detailed instructions lol. so then i just told him its the house with all the christmas in the yard. so the clerk said no you dont understand our delivery guy is just so horrible with directions you need to give him step by step directions he gets lost all the time and he is always late which is why we hardly deliver... i only live 4 mins away from this place, your on two streets thats it. then i told him he cant miss the house, if he does miss it you really need to fire him lol. so he gets here and he was is this ###### clark street? i said no (he was off by a few digits) are you here to deliver the lumber which he was. he breathed a sigh of relief because he wasnt given an address he was just told its a christmas house on clark and 8th lol. it was a you had to be there moment lol