I have a song I want to sequence (nothing like waiting until the last minute) it is "We Need a Little Christmas" by Johnny Mathis.

I noticed that the MP3 I have has a very low volume as compared to playing other songs on my PC with the volume setting on the speakers being the same.

Anyone have a solution for this?

I have a song I want to sequence (nothing like waiting until the last minute) it is "We Need a Little Christmas" by Johnny Mathis.

I noticed that the MP3 I have has a very low volume as compared to playing other songs on my PC with the volume setting on the speakers being the same.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Download it and then go to project--->Import music files (I'm pretty sure...)

Then, after it's loaded, go to edit--->amplify and slide the slider up, but not too far or else the audio will clip.

The, go to file--->export as wav. Save it to wherever under whatever name and there you go.

-Tyler

You can also "normalize" the audio on all the files through audacity.

Import the track...Project ->Import Audio

Apply the normalization...Select the whole audio track (Ctrl A) Then Effect -> Normalize

Export the file...File -> Export (MP3 or WAV)

Hope this helps.

I too have used MP3 Gain and it worked very well to take 9 different songs and 12 voiceovers and match them all to the same volume level. Nothing like having one of your "guests" turn up their volume for a low level Silent Night MP3 and then get blasted by Wizards of Winter or something similar.