I personally get all my cable from Clark Wire & Cable. They are a great family type business and always have cables that exceed your need. Although most of their clients are TV and Radio networks, they are still able to deliver excellent customer service. I use their outdoor rated, moisture and oil resistant Cat5 cable for my display (not one problem in 3 years, same cables & connectors).

It may be a bit more expensive, but it remains flexible even in the really cold weather, and I know it will be safe from the elements. I also use water tight connections to get my network and audio connections into the house. Here is a link to the page for the product.

http://www.clarkwire.com/catCategory5eOutdoor.htm

They also sell the termination tools and connectors.

Hi Greg,

I also got my stuff at H.D. Maybe not the greatest for prices, but handy enough.

Just one thought, be very careful when you make your cables. Either here or and I think it was the LOR site. Someone just fried their controller. Seems that the person either made a cross over cable by mistake or swapped the white and colored wire in a pair. Either way, he sent the 10vdc into the RS-485 chip on both boards or positive to negative short between the boards. Or that created 20vdc, not sure how to look at it right now.

Anyway you cut it, bad ju-ju at this time of year.

I know it's too late now, but I bought all but one of mine thru LOR. I originally thought I could get them the same price, or cheaper, just buying them locally thru Lowes or HD. Boy was I WRONG!! However, you may be able to find them around you at a better price. We have an electronics supply store here, I used to mow for the owner actually, that sells CAT 5 cables in about any length and they are cheaper than the LOR ones, and appear pretty nice. So don't count out local...

I know it's too late now, but I bought all but one of mine thru LOR. I originally thought I could get them the same price, or cheaper, just buying them locally thru Lowes or HD. Boy was I WRONG!! However, you may be able to find them around you at a better price. We have an electronics supply store here, I used to mow for the owner actually, that sells CAT 5 cables in about any length and they are cheaper than the LOR ones, and appear pretty nice. So don't count out local...

Isn't shipping a bit high through LOR? They want $13 for cheapest shipping on a 25' cable while Monoprice is $3.09 for shipping (on a $3.01 cable.)

Isn't shipping a bit high through LOR? They want $13 for cheapest shipping on a 25' cable while Monoprice is $3.09 for shipping (on a $3.01 cable.)

Yes, but at the time I wanted to go with what I was comfortable with. Local is best, if you can get decent pricing. I'm content with paying a little more to have it in my hand NOW and know I got what I wanted and have the ablity to return it if need be. Versus some internet electronics supply outfit that I've never heard of...

Versus some internet electronics supply outfit that I've never heard of...

A bunch of us use Monoprice, and they are great. My delivery times from them to me are around 4 days (CA to FL).

Why pay $17 (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/360951/Belkin-PRO-Series-Category-5-Patch/) when you can pay $3 (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10208&cs_id=1020810&p_id=140&seq=1&format=2)

• 2 years later...

Yes, but at the time I wanted to go with what I was comfortable with. Local is best, if you can get decent pricing. I'm content with paying a little more to have it in my hand NOW and know I got what I wanted and have the ablity to return it if need be. Versus some internet electronics supply outfit that I've never heard of...

Monprice cables are really great and quality is awesome too. I used alot of cables from there and will continue to do so for all of my needs, In the beginning I started buying from local stores(Walmart and Radioshack etc) and the cables are about the same as the ones I got from monoprice. The ones I brought from Radio Shack seems to get knotted up alot more than the other ones. But I do understand where you are coming from.

I use fry's electronics which is a chain store but ins't in every community, I live in Metro Atlanta area and there is only two in the metro area.

the last I bought was a 1000 ft spool for about $50 and it come with a simple and cheap crimp tool and about 20 male ends, then I make

my own to fit.