2009 Central Florida Displays

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest csx5861

We didnt get all the sequencing done this year and didnt get my sign up :( but we are up

on 92.7

3326 Hadleigh Crest

Orlando Fl 32817

Stop in and say hi

Bill

Bill you're in the same zip code as I am. Looks like I'm going to have to see if I can find where you're at. Never heard of the street, so looks like I'm heading over to Mapquest to find where you are! Can't wait to check out your display tomorrow night (Wednesday 12/23) since I just found out about it at 10:24pm Tuesday eve 12/22!)

Just checked mapquest, yep, you're just a couple miles from us. I'm back in the Woodside Village Subdivision off Econlockhatchee and University Blvd. See ya Wednesday evening!

Your display is very elegant and classy. You have everything setup perfectly. You took a lot of time and care in setting up you display. Great job! :santasmileyitty:

Thank You... Elegant and Classy is exactly what I was going for. Seeing all of the cars slow down in front of my house makes it more than worth the 10 days it took to set up this year.

The display is running 6-10pm Through Dec 26th, Saturday will be the last day of the show. I hope you can come out and visit. Please knock on the door so we can chat. :santasmileyitty:

Loved the display michael, thanks for showing us around, we both got a kick out of whizzer.

Guest csx5861

We didnt get all the sequencing done this year and didnt get my sign up :( but we are up

on 92.7

3326 Hadleigh Crest

Orlando Fl 32817

Stop in and say hi

Bill

Nice Display Bill. We rolled, well actually stopped by your place twice, the first time I guess we came in at the end of the run and just heard the last 1/3 of the music and the display before it went static, then we waited a few moments, when the display didn't cycle (start over) we drove off to check out some other Christmas decorations, we drove by a couple more times, but the display was still static, then drove around at the opposite end of your subdivision where we ran into some of the best static displays that were right next to each other and across the street from each other on Rider in a curve, that was just awesome, on the way out we drove by your display once more, this time it wasn't static, but we came in just a few minutes after it started again and sat out front and listened and watched the show.

My only question is, "How long is the delay timewise between when the display goes static and then restarts?"

We thought maybe the system hit some kind of glitch and turned everything on static until someone had to reset it or just maybe there is a very long delay between the next cycle startup of the show. So we weren't sure how long it would be before the next show started and the wife needed to get to Publix to pick up a few things.

Other than the delay we couldn't really figure out between shows, it was a very nice set up.

Clay

p.s. my wife Marcia says the only things you need that were missing were some arches and a mega tree. Ever since she's seen these mega trees in other displays as well as the mini trees made from tomato cages, guess what I've been roped into making for next year? Yep, mini trees and a mega tree. She wants me to make arches too, but I'm not sure about those just yet. I like 'em, just not sure I can build them. Not really sure about building a mega tree either. The mini's, those I think I can handle! :)

Edited by csx5861

We're up! Ok, well mostly. Show is currently running live nightly but still tweaking. The mega tree looks funny in one sequence and there's some misc. things we haven't yet put out. (Oh and I accidentally destroyed a sequence.) You know, the usual. :) Should be full blast by next week.

So show goes from dark, which is about 6 or 6:30 until 9:30 pm on week days and 10:30 on weekends.

1021 Cox Court

Oviedo, Fl 32765

Shoot me a pm if you want to chit chat. Some night I hit play then leave and run errands so let us know if you want to catch us. :) (PS, buying a life size Santa this week, pm me if you have suggestions or one for sale.)

This year we've got 30 channels (long story)

12 1/2 foot 2 color LED mega tree

10 foot gingerbread house, snow machines

Not sure on lights ... maybe 15,000 - 20,000 and another 40,000 in the garage? We had massive fuse blowing and power issues last year so we toned it down a little though still have some to put up

Congradulations I was by on Christmas night and saw that you won the Oviedo Lights Grizwald award. Very good display this year. When I was by you had already shut off the snow machines. Great job.

Guest csx5861

Congradulations I was by on Christmas night and saw that you won the Oviedo Lights Grizwald award. Very good display this year. When I was by you had already shut off the snow machines. Great job.

One thing I can definitely say about Oviedo when we visited his display is that there were more homes decorated in that neighborhood than I've seen in a very long time! I wasn't sure if I was in Oviedo or Christmas! The whole neighborhood was really quite nice and refreshing to see that many homes in a short distance all decked out in Christmas decor!

Rawls Road Christmas Displays, NW Tampa area, 5116, 5118, 5122, 5202 Rawls Road, Tampa, Fl 33624

Quarter Million LED lights, Quarter Million Traditional lights, high def video projection, lasers, meteor lights, hundreds of LED strobe lights and everything new to the market, we got some of those.

If you have not seen this display, it is a treat. Really awesome to see these four houses running off the same show computer. We go by there every year. On the do not miss list for us.

Great job, great show.