2009 Central Florida Displays

mwo040

Well it is that time of year again for us to all go live and have our displays up and running for the holiday this year. Last season there was a thread that gave the addresses of people that wanted to show off thier shows along with the times that the shows will run. I am going to set up my show this weekend and hope to go live Saturday night. I will only know when I get everything out and start setting up tomorrow. I will be running my show every day starting Saturday Nov 28th from 5pm until 11pm Through Jan 7th. I am running all DIY equipment.

The show location is

3481 Hunt Ln

Oviedo, FL 32765

Lets all use this thread to give the address of your shows for the season.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is that time of year again for us to all go live and have our displays up and running for the holiday this year. Last season there was a thread that gave the addresses of people that wanted to show off thier shows along with the times that the shows will run. I am going to set up my show this weekend and hope to go live Saturday night. I will only know when I get everything out and start setting up tomorrow. I will be running my show every day starting Saturday Nov 28th from 5pm until 11pm Through Jan 7th. I am running all DIY equipment.

The show location is

3481 Hunt Ln

Oviedo, FL 32765

Hi amd welcome! What is your name?

hello to all, i am in plant city, in the silver lake subdivision of walden lake. not the only one with lights up, but the only one that the lights go "blinky, blinky with music" as one neighbor put it last year. 64 channels of LOR.

lights run 6p-10p sun-thur, and 6p-11p on fri/sat.

hope to make it out and see some other shows this year. if you stop by mine come and say hi.

chip

My display will be up and running by Friday December 4th. It will have over 50,000 lights, 32 ch of LOR, 14 songs(about six or 7 will run each night), 20-25 strobes, 21 wireframes, etc...

33536 E. Lake Joanna Dr

Eustis, FL 32736

Please knock on the door and say hi. I'll show you around. :santasmileyitty:

The show location is

3481 Hunt Ln

Oviedo, FL 32765

Well due to some unplanned problems (show computer crashed) my show will not start until Sunday the 29th as long as I can work out the problem. My display will be static until then.

You can't be RJ! I 'm RJ! LOL

Will the real RJ please stand up....

RJ

Hey RJ, (the one I know). How about that, you are being cloned. The world might take 2 but no more. Wonder if RJ 2 is a DIY guy like yourself! Anyway welcome to RJ 2 and glad to hear from you and info on your display. The real RJ can now take a seat.

Hey RJ, (the one I know). How about that, you are being cloned. The world might take 2 but no more. Wonder if RJ 2 is a DIY guy like yourself! Anyway welcome to RJ 2 and glad to hear from you and info on your display. The real RJ can now take a seat.

Yea I am also a DIY guy running Renard and FireGod controllers. I have been known as RJ since birth although I did go to high school with another RJ. I am in no way trying to take away RJ's hard work and help in the DIY community. Another real RJ sitting down now.

We're up! Ok, well mostly. Show is currently running live nightly but still tweaking. The mega tree looks funny in one sequence and there's some misc. things we haven't yet put out. (Oh and I accidentally destroyed a sequence.) You know, the usual. :) Should be full blast by next week.

So show goes from dark, which is about 6 or 6:30 until 9:30 pm on week days and 10:30 on weekends.

1021 Cox Court

Oviedo, Fl 32765

Shoot me a pm if you want to chit chat. Some night I hit play then leave and run errands so let us know if you want to catch us. :) (PS, buying a life size Santa this week, pm me if you have suggestions or one for sale.)

This year we've got 30 channels (long story)

12 1/2 foot 2 color LED mega tree

10 foot gingerbread house, snow machines

Not sure on lights ... maybe 15,000 - 20,000 and another 40,000 in the garage? We had massive fuse blowing and power issues last year so we toned it down a little though still have some to put up

Ok, I think I'm finally stable enough to post... (not me, the display that is!). The serious rain we got over two days corroded all the ethernet jacks I used on my LOR controller boxes this year... causing the display to look like it was under the influence... I went around and yanked those all off today and have the cable running directly into the boxes... and all appears to be well...

Show is on from 6PM to 10PM every day (may lengthen that to 11PM on the weekends). Three of the six songs are currently running and I hope to have the other three songs tuned up this week (I went from 80 channels to 176 this year and doubled the lights, which is taking some time to re-sequence).

176 channels of LOR

72,635 lights (yes I counted!)

My crummy little transmitter is pumping out on 91.3MHz and I also have speakers playing music until 9PM-ish (whenever I turn off the receiver to give the neighbors a break)...

1621 Whitman Drive

West Melbourne, FL 32904

PM me if you know you're coming by on a certain night and I will come out to chat.

Thanks for looking!

Guest csx5861

Well I'm not as fancy as some and I'm not what I'd call computerized, keep hoping to get a LOR and go that route one day, but currently I do have what I'd call a small, maybe moderate set up operated by a 4 module WireLess Mr. Christmas unit and anyone is welcome to come by and take a look. I'm hoping to add an FM Transmitter to the Mr. Christmas unit when I can find the right tool to remove the odd-type screws that it's put together with.

It's located at:

8720 Harbor View Drive

Orlando, FL 32817

We're in the Woodside Village subdivision just off Hall Road and University Blvd.

You can also enter the subdivision of Econlockhatchee Road and University Blvd.

Here's a sneak peak *(daylight shots)*

[ATTACH]27045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27048[/ATTACH]

NOTE: More L.E.D. lights were also added after these shots were taken.

Clay

Edited by csx5861