Something is eating my Lights on my Mega Tree

Do your lights go all the way down to the ground? One of my coworkers had this problem as he had a tree like that. After fighting it for a week or two, first thinking he had vandals, he finally installed a low fence around the whole tree. The next year he used my "raised PVC ring" design to prevent it.

That is what I was afraid of, I just wasnt sure what would keep them away.

Put 3 eggs in a spray bottle. Let it get rotten. Then fill it with water and spray the wires. So far it has kept my wires good and it works on outdoor plants and flowers. It is cheap, the smell isn't terrible because it is outside. I swear to it 110%. The only drawback is if it rains you have to respray.

If it's just the mega tree I'd go with chicken wire around the bottom. That's surefire to keep them at bay.

Also, your lights aren't ruined! You just need to splice the wires back together and they will be good as new. The hard part is figuring out which wire mates with which. If the cuts are angles or jagged you can usually match up the corresponding wire by shape. If they are all a clean straight cut it gets a little tricky. Do the easy ones first, the one that runs thru the whole string that dosn't connect to bulbs, then the one that should connect to the next bulb in the line. That leaves one or two left, depending on where it is in the string and what kind of LEDs you have. You need to have power on to the string and carefully strip and touch wires from one side to the other until you find the right combination. Ones your common and the other will power the rest of the set.

I've spliced MANY MANY mini light sets this way, and have had to splice my LEDs this way too. Only catch is that minis are only running 2.5 volt on the line between bulbs, LEDs are a LOT higher voltage. I can attest to that. Got bit on the last one I was splicing. haha. But I'm the dummy that had my knees down on the ground while I was splicing live...

this isnt legal in some states, (especialy mine) but i put out about 2 boxes of mothballs. spread out in the yard. you cant really tell they are there. and they keep every kind of small critter out. plus if it rains they dont disapear, and after season u can leave them out there as they will desinigrate in time.

(did i spell that right?)

:o) Have to ask...How do you go about getting mothballs?

Actually Liquid Fence works and it doesn't wash off. Its Fox Urine and can be found at Fleet Farms, Menards, and a few Hardware stores. An application lasts about 6 weeks. I've always used in during the summer on our roses. It is really offensive when you put it on but after it dries the only thing that can smell it is the animals. It's usually in the $9 to $12

a quart or litre range.

Lenny

Actually Liquid Fence works and it doesn't wash off. Its Fox Urine and can be found at Fleet Farms, Menards, and a few Hardware stores. An application lasts about 6 weeks. I've always used in during the summer on our roses. It is really offensive when you put it on but after it dries the only thing that can smell it is the animals. It's usually in the $9 to $12

a quart or litre range.

Lenny

I have always thought you have to create and sell something unique to become independently wealthy, like Dan did with LOR. But bottling fox pee? I now know I just don't have the imagination required.

a quart or litre range.

Lenny

The Liquid Fence works very well. I have to use it around the grill and mosquito magnet mostly because the squirrels loved to chew the lines that run to the propane tanks ugh. Put it down and everything is fine. Draw back is if you have dogs , they look for the invisible fox lol.

Edited by Likeitbright
typo

I have always thought you have to create and sell something unique to become independently wealthy, like Dan did with LOR. But bottling fox pee? I now know I just don't have the imagination required.

Collecting fox pee? Add this to the list of jobs I'm glad I don't have to do.

-Tim "Never Milked a Fox Before"