stringing lights inside? attach on windows?

eldoradoboy

Ok so the LOR handles the outdoor display.. and to me.. its lookin great... however unfortunately the main living area of my house is in the back! so that means I can only see my display if the front door is open to the storm door...

alas I want decorations *I* can enjoy.. I have Andersen double hung wood windows on the house.. and im trying to figure out a way I can string C-7 lights around the windows.. at least around the top and 2 sides...

I want to put garland in the lights and then attach the lights to the windows.. suction cups in the winter just dont cut it.. tape doesnt stick to glass and ifit does it leaves a residue.. what are my options.. my windows just have blinds that are pulled up and open all the time so I dont have to worry about lights behind curtains.. what is the best way to put them up?

oh and this is my first year with a Fuzzy Kitty cat.. and he is a climber.. is it just a fact that my tree will go over on its side a couple times through the season??

-Christopher

wind-o-lights looks interesting... has anyone used itwith success? it would be easy just to zip tie the garland and c7's to it.. im not looking for them to be all the same direction.. it is to look "decorated" not "built". I just wondered how tight the units stay on the window frames..

-Christopher

wind-o-lights looks interesting... has anyone used itwith success? it would be easy just to zip tie the garland and c7's to it.. im not looking for them to be all the same direction.. it is to look "decorated" not "built". I just wondered how tight the units stay on the window frames..

-Christopher

I have them on every window (outside)

4139170611_a88ae72b38_o.jpg

The picture window is two put together with a suction cup on the middle.

My brother uses them also (due to my use).

We love them!

those look great.. im gonna give them a shout.. being that my windows are wood and double sashed there isnt a Lot of room on the inside like those houses that have vinyl windows but should be enough to get the units to stay up.. as long as the Kitty doesnt climb them....

was thinking if I cant get those in time I could use skinny tension rods and wrap the lights N garland.. you'd never see the rod.. since this is for indoor looks I dont care if all the lights shine to the outside....

although some C-9 multis around the front window(it wont be decorated on the inside.. my roomate doesnt care for christmas lights so much) outside would really look nice....

-Christopher

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i used to use suction cups but now onto the Command strips they hang lights really well and they are small, i think they are made for the lights actually. got them at walmart or michaels last year 2009 2010 Here is a comand strips link ... http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Smart-Ideas/Halloween/

My windows have a wooden frame around them. I put a small finishing nail at each top corner of the indoor window frame. (ie nail placed into the drywall; at the 2 corners where the sides of the window frame meet the top) I folded a string of 100 lights in 1/3 and then centered the lights around the left/top/right sides of the window and used the nails to hold the lights in place. I also used 2 strings of lights and used a small zip lock tie around the lights and over the nail to hold it in place.

I also use this technique to mount garland around my front door. Nails above the door, drape the garland over the nails and I add red ribbons to the garland.

cheap...easy...and if you paint the nail the same color as the wall, you can leave it up year around!

• 1 month later...

oh and this is my first year with a Fuzzy Kitty cat.. and he is a climber.. is it just a fact that my tree will go over on its side a couple times through the season??

-Christopher

If you don't trust your stand to keep your tree upright, tie your tree to the ceiling or to the wall behind it with fishing line. Also works great for those without kittens if your tree starts to lean after decorating.