A lady knocked on the door tonight

That is an awesome story, thanks for sharing. ;)

Last year, I had a firefighter come to the door ... and he told me that his buddy (who just got back from Iraq) was in the minivan out front with both families inside watching ... and that he had said that this had just "made his Christmas" ... as the family was together and the kids going crazy with their daddy home from a war zone.

That made my 2008 effort all worth it ... and this proud firefighter had to shake MY hand to thank me?!

My wife and I had our hearts warmed by so little, just as you did.

What great stories and thanks to all for sharing. It sure goes a long way in making all our efforts worthwhile. Sat night we had our first water show as it was rained out Fri nite. We had gentleman make donation (Habitat For Humanity and Suncoast Humane Society) on his way in. On the way out he told my wife he had to add to donation as he enjoyed the show so much. He said he had a tough week and the show made his problems seem less important. We think he gave (2) $20 as they were folded together as a packet. What a gentleman and what a statement. Yes this is why we do it!

Had someone post this on my guest book today

Thank you for post your Christmas display. Will not been home in Roanoke this year. Your display make my Christmas and home not so far away. Merry Christmas
and had a little girl come up to me this past weekend and say that she loved my Christmas lights, that just made my heart melt.

I had a couple of little girls come up to the door the other night with their mom. They had a plate of the cutest little misshapen spritz cookies. "They insisted" she said. They had been stopping every night after daycare and told their mom that they thought they needed to bring me cookies to say thank you for putting up the lights.