Looking for small, individually wired stars

bhays

I am looking for a quantity of small (6"-10" or so) stars to do a line of them in the air from my house to my large z-tree next season. Has anyone seen them in any of the stores this year? This seems like something that might be left even after the light strings are cleaned out.

I know about the shooting stars at ChristmasLightShow.com or I might make my own wireframe stars and add rope light, but it would be nice just to buy some. Anyone seen anything like this in any of the big stores this year?

Walmart has these for $10...not sure if it's what you're looking for or if you could rewire them to suit your needs. I have 2 sets of them that have lasted for 4 years now and show no signs of wear whatsoever. The star frames have built in clips to hold the lights as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Star-Chasing-Christmas-Light-with-8-light-function_W0QQitemZ140355641897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20add92229

There wouldn't be any way to cut them off and attach a plug to each of them without blowing them up. The sets I have are 150 lights each wired as 3 'channels'. The large stars have 20 lights, the small ones have 10 so the first 2 sets would consist of 2 large and 1 small star and the last set would be 1 large and 3 small stars. Kind of confusing so I hope that makes sense.

Guest csx5861

It may be worth buying if you can find 10 and 20 light sets, then remove the lights from the star clips and clip in the appropriate numbered light string in their place. That's about the only way I can see using these as "independant" stars with seperate plugs and lights. If you have or can find some old incandescent tree toppers, these are usually 10 and 20 lights to a set, so you may be able to utilize the light strings from them for each star. I've seen these toppers go for as little as $1.99 at Big Lots stores. In the long run, it may cost you more to do it this way than if you tried to make your own? I can't say which route would be the cheapest. Good Luck!

I have two sets of the stars and 2 sets of the snowflakes that are in my Tababooia(sp) tree in my display this year.