Snow!!!

This weekend is going to be nice, finally going to get a decent amount of snow. They are saying anywhere between 12-16 inches is possible where I am at. I have not had my display running in that much snow before, is there anything that I should to do to keep things from going completely haywire. I am going to cover up the all the plugs coming out of the controllers to keep the snow off of them. Any other idea?

"Wintery mix, rain changing to snow and back to rain."

Gah. The display may stay on tonight. Not going to happen tomorrow :( The one disadvantage to living right on the bay, the "bay effect" raises the air temp and screws us when it comes to snow more often then not...

I live in the "Snowbelt" here in NE Ohio, and the forecast so far, is just snow showers and possibly a "glancing blow" from the storm moving up the eastern seaboard. Not good prospects for a white Christmas. The last 2 years have been green :(.

This weekend is going to be nice, finally going to get a decent amount of snow. They are saying anywhere between 12-16 inches is possible where I am at. I have not had my display running in that much snow before, is there anything that I should to do to keep things from going completely haywire. I am going to cover up the all the plugs coming out of the controllers to keep the snow off of them. Any other idea?

about time we get some serious stuff!!!!

possible snowman with lights on him??? i dont have anymore channels!!!

i love the way led c6's look under a blanket of snow.....ignore the time stamp

13358_572764149271_38000097_33643989_8107296_n.jpg

I wanted a white Christmas......Wished for a white Christmas after I don't know how many years of looking at grass, but this is insane. Prediction is for 12 to 24 inches with blowing and drifting. Anything more than two inches around here and traffic is gridlocked. I guess the governor declaring a state of emergency will make it all good....Don't you love it!:eek:

"Wintery mix, rain changing to snow and back to rain."

Gah. The display may stay on tonight. Not going to happen tomorrow :( The one disadvantage to living right on the bay, the "bay effect" raises the air temp and screws us when it comes to snow more often then not...

We are right on the bay also and usually are on the the wrong side of the dreaded rain/snow line. This weekend appears to be the exception.

It started here just after 2:00pm and now we have around 6-7 inches, and it going to do this all night and most of tomorrow. They are saying it will be close to 2 feet here now, and the weather channel has a reporter in Roanoke also... Plus they are say there will be a good chance of snow on Christmas eve, going to be a white Christmas for sure just not sure how much will be on the ground when it is all said and done.

I have to keep a watch on two controllers they are only about 8 inches off the ground. Place them like that cause we have not have over six inches of snow at one time in years, guess I will be raising them up higher next year. Just got done cleaning around them and cleaning off the arches to try and keep them from getting to much weight on them. Do not want them to break. Will go get a pic after we eat some later diner (waffles and bacon :santasmileyitty:)

We are right on the bay also and usually are on the the wrong side of the dreaded rain/snow line. This weekend appears to be the exception.

Yeah, this sounds pretty big, So. MD gets usually the low end of snow but sounds like we might get a bunch. I've got my controllers covered and covers over the plugs. Hope thats enough!

All of my controllers are up except for 7 which are under the eve of the roof. I should be good up to 2 feet. Will look kinda funny tomorrow night with only a foot or so of the mini trees sticking out of the snow though. Well off to work. Should be an interesting trip home tomorrow morning.

All of my controllers are up except for 7 which are under the eve of the roof. I should be good up to 2 feet. Will look kinda funny tomorrow night with only a foot or so of the mini trees sticking out of the snow though. Well off to work. Should be an interesting trip home tomorrow morning.

yeah mine is in the "magic box" so the controller and outlets are all out of the elements

Got my display to come on last night by some miracle, for an hour or so. Then one by one, as the lights and cords melted the snow, and the snow turned to rain and sleet, the ground faults started to pop again.

But not before I got a bunch of pictures and video.

Here's my first ever LOR sequence and video:

-

Note this only shows the animated part of my display.. the display is over 120 feet wide, the only animated part is the middle 30' or so. And you can see in the viideo, at the end, the back half of the mega tree wouldnt turn green - that gfi popped in the middle of the recording!!!

Tonight about half the display lit. The snow turned to rain overnight last night, then it sleeted all morning. This afternoon we got about 2 hours of snow and now it's just blowing and flurrying. Never got more than an inch or so of snow. 20 miles away they got over 6" Darn Bay Effect. The water temp warms the air and prevents us from getting the huge accumulations. :( oh well.

Lets play a game. I spy three lor controllers, can you find them? By the way, the ring for my tree is 20" off the ground!

Controllers.jpg

I spy 6 snowmen and a set of lawn lights.

snowmen2.jpg

I spy a 7 foot tree

Tree.jpg

I spy a deer. This one is easy, she has amost dug herself out

deer.jpg

this one's not so lucky

snowmen.jpg

So much for my security warning sign

radio.jpg

And lastly, can you find the display in this photo? And if you didn't notice, it's still snowing!

yard.jpg

After about 20 inches of snow it has finally quit snowing. I turned off the electric this afternoon so that the display would not light up this evening. I doubt if anyone will be out driving around looking at displays anyway. With a lot of lights under the snow I didn't want to run the risk of wiping anything out. I am sure glad I brought in my inflatables yesterday as I knew they would not hold up to the snow.

We got 17" here and I do have my lights up and going. Got several pretty nice pics this evening with them going on my website (too many to post here). My poor 2' mini trees where completely buried and had two controllers covered as well and 6 more that only had a few inches before they were covered. Will have to say this is one wet snow it is sticking to everything