5mm vs M6 on mini trees?

TysonHphoto

Does anyone have any side-by-side comparisons of mini trees using the wide-angle 5mm lights and M6 lights (or used them for one)? I'm wanting to redo mine with LED's next year and hadn't thought of the 5mm's until watching that Disney special with the Osbourn's display, where almost all those lights are the wide-angle 5mm. Hmmm...wondering if that's a nice "fuller" look.

Here's a photo of one of my incandescent (WalMart) mini trees with 300 mini's, next to one with 200 M6 LED's (CDI). As you can see, even with 100 less bulbs, the LEDs are WAY brighter, and the color is so rich and nice. I want to see one now using 5mm, as I really think I will like that look better.

LEDvsIncds_TKH_9053.jpg

Here's a photo of one of my incandescent (WalMart) mini trees with 300 mini's, next to one with 200 M6 LED's (CDI). As you can see, even with 100 less bulbs, the LEDs are WAY brighter, and the color is so rich and nice. I want to see one now using 5mm, as I really think I will like that look better.

LEDvsIncds_TKH_9053.jpg

I made 2 last year out of the 5MM from Sam's Club 1/2 wave multi color...THEY ARE BRIGHT even for half wave! I really like the look and the 5MM can be very very bright. One has 990 multi lights and the other (one on the left) I added 180 (to the 990) more of cool white 5MM.

Next year I will make red, green and blue 5MM from CDI.

There is one in the background on the left behind the LED one on the left that has 500 multi incandescent bulbs. What a difference!

post-7945-129571183847_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any side-by-side comparisons of mini trees using the wide-angle 5mm lights and M6 lights (or used them for one)? I'm wanting to redo mine with LED's next year and hadn't thought of the 5mm's until watching that Disney special with the Osbourn's display, where almost all those lights are the wide-angle 5mm. Hmmm...wondering if that's a nice "fuller" look.

I went to your home page...nice setup..clean! Just the way I like it!