Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies

My girls' dance teacher gave me this recipe so I can't take credit. It only has THREE ingredients!

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup icing sugar

1 1/2 cups flour (I included some leftover potato flour that I had in the cupboard and you could probably combine in rice flour too)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Mix for at least 10 minutes! Put on a baking stone, cookie sheet, what have you, in a 300F oven for 10-15 mins. The smaller the cookie the less time it needs (my 1 tsp cookies only took 9 mins).

I made about 48 1-tsp sized cookies, they pretty much hold their shape, meaning they don't melt flat like choc-chip cookies.

They do melt in your mouth and you can't eat just one. My waistline can attest to that! :o

We call it Icing sugar - that we use to make icing. It ever occurred to me that other places would call it anything different - you learn something new every day!

Here's info from Yahoo answers:

"Icing sugar or confectioners sugar, or extra fine sugar, it basically sugar ground up so fine that it is a powder, also known as powdered sugar now that I think about it, like on some types of donuts. If you can't find any you can get the finest sugar you can find and blend it up in a blender."

Hope that cleared it up.

• 11 months later...