Here we go again......flooded!!!!!!

mine got damaged last night to. i feel you. the rain and wind knocked down one of my 16 foot trees, knocked over and broke my two blow mold candles(20lbs each botom half is filled with sand and gravel.) it seems like nature is messing with everyones displays this year

Ouch. Sorry to hear that :( We had some major wind and have had sooo much moisture this year, had some minor damage (wireframes, blowmolds blown over, etc) but nothing too significant. Couple of pulled lines on the 10' trees but nothing hard to fix. Best of luck getting things back together.

Roger,

I feel your pain......We got pounded with just over 18 inches of snow with drifting. The weight of the snow with the wind felled one of my favorite blue spruce trees that I decorate. It fell covering some of my stream, taking out a bunch of jumping fish frames. I don't have a clue how everything else has fared as most everything is completely covered in snow. I haven't even tried to light up since the storm. My street is just now becoming drivable but there is no shoulder and no where to pull off. I'm afraid that even if i get the display back up the danger it might pose as a distraction to drivers could cause an accident. For the first time in 19 years I have the feeling we will be dark for Christmas.

I hope you are able to salvage your stuff and get it back going, if not try to put this season behind and start planning for next - it's got to go better!:)

Merry Christmas.

Bill you are right I just scrapped this season and my wife and I are already starting to plan for next year. Most of my lights are under the snow, and I CAREFULLY dug out the inflatables and cleaned around the motors. But in general this year is done, espically since I wanted to go animated but all the distributers that I use were sold out of the 4 $.80 (yes, the parts that I needed are 80 cents each)parts. I'm just looking at this year as a learning experience about when to start putting up the display, and a lot of other things.