Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
paul sessel

Cdi official pre order

Ok it's official - We are starting the pre order tomorrow. Here are the prices. Here are the rules:

This sale will run thru January.

No minimum orders to board members (our commercial accounts have a minimum of $1,000).

50% deposit with order.

Balance (plus shipping) is due when merchandise is ready to ship.

Merchandise will ship around April/May.

Our 90 day warranty is waived on these goods - all products will be warrantied thru the season.

There are no refunds on deposits - you may alter your order to accommodate your deposit if necessary.

***I really don't like playing E-mail 20 questions - please call 800-733-9617 with multiple questions***.

Thank you!

simple question... how do we order? ive never been in on a pre-order before.. do I go to cdi website? is there a form to fill out?

-Christopher

simple question... how do we order? ive never been in on a pre-order before.. do I go to cdi website? is there a form to fill out?

-Christopher

If you have never ordered from us you will need to call us, so we can set up an account for you. Once you have placed your order, we will E-mail you a sales order conformation to make sure we have received your order as you thought. You will than have to sign off on it to make sure it is correct and either E-mail or fax it back. At that point we will charge your card the 50%.

Woah, I haven't been following the other thread... didn't realize the pre-sale would be happening so early this year. I haven't barely even began to think about what I might need for next season...

Paul,

On the LED retro fit dimmable lamps, is the cool white a "pure white" color and the sun white then similar to what would be a warm white color?

Just want to clarify it for my own peace of mind.

Thanks

Are the lengths quoted overall, or lighted?

Seems that I recall you saying once that your light spacing is 4 inches, yes?

I really hope I can swing the funds to do this, but even if I can't, thanks very much for the opportunity!

cmhbob: I have a couple sample strings in my display of the m6's. stop by and ring the bell some evening and ill pull one in from outside for you to look at... they are the red , green, and blue lights on the ground right by the street... be best for you to ring the bell rather than to just pick up the lights andlook them over.. my neighbors are pretty protective of my display (thank god)..

ill be home most evenings as im baking and pre-cooking for a christmas party.. gooing out to dinner tonight at 5 and be back by 8 or so

-Christopher

Paul,

On the LED retro fit dimmable lamps, is the cool white a "pure white" color and the sun white then similar to what would be a warm white color?

Just want to clarify it for my own peace of mind.

Thanks

Yes - that's right.

hey paul, can you explain the difference in the

C-9 LED STROBE and the "NEW THIS YEAR! 6 WATT ZENON "I" FLASH BULB -"?

LED strobes use 10 LED's and the Xenon strobe is an incandescent lamp. The Zenon has more of a pop to it and the LED has more of a blink.

Are the lengths quoted overall, or lighted?

Seems that I recall you saying once that your light spacing is 4 inches, yes?

I really hope I can swing the funds to do this, but even if I can't, thanks very much for the opportunity!

The lengths are rounded to the nearest foot. They are four inch spacing.

He told me no in another thread. Too bad, really. I can't afford to "hope" they work well with what we already have.

Same here. I've seen the LED strobes vids, and they're not what I'm looking for. Too dim, too in sync.

Same here. I've seen the LED strobes vids, and they're not what I'm looking for. Too dim, too in sync.

I don't know about that... take a look here around the 24 or 25 second mark...

http://www.vimeo.com/8248527

The right most tree is all LED strobes. To make them flash randomly we pre-charge them at 19% for 9/10ths of a second before we need them. I didn't come up with that work-around, I just read it on the LOR forums and gave it a try and it works great.

We bought 30 of Paul's strobes during last season's pre-order and once we found out about the work-around, we were 100% happy with them.

-Jeff

Woah, I haven't been following the other thread... didn't realize the pre-sale would be happening so early this year. I haven't barely even began to think about what I might need for next season...

Same here Tim.... I also have a couple possible commercial clients for next season, but there is no way they will have any light decisions or funding that soon. :(

Guess we can hope for some good later in year pricing.

Same here Tim.... I also have a couple possible commercial clients for next season, but there is no way they will have any light decisions or funding that soon. :(

Guess we can hope for some good later in year pricing.

Ditto (Seems to be the popular thing to say this year.)

I have a few also but things are not going to be finalized before the end of January. Wish the deadline was more like March or April.

From Paul in the other thread:

In order to get the pricing that I will be offering I have to get my order placed by the end of January. The reason being:

UL requirements for LED lights are changing once again, effective March 15. Based upon all the companies that sell a changable LED light set, the two prongs (that connect to the power) that have been some kind of steel are now going to be copper to prevent rusting. In our sets, they are a one piece sealed construction so that has never been an issue from this factory. But. . . this is going to increase the cost of the string especially with copper up again to close to historical highs.

In order to get last years UL tag put on the order before March 15- the order needs to be placed at the end of January due to the fact the factories close down for two weeks in February with the Chinese New Year. With that said, I am going to place my order at the end of January. I probably will go back and order some more later in the Spring, but they will be at the higher pricing.

So that's why it is so early this year.

No I want to see the Xenon strobes. A photo and video if possible.

A "Xenon" strobe is what everyone's been using for years. The small horseshoe shaped bulb in those is an incandescent bulb. It's filled with Xenon gas and emits a very bright, very fast attack white flash.

Almost any strobe light you see is based on those short of the big, commercial stage units.

No I want to see the Xenon strobes. A photo and video if possible.

Right now all of my samples are in Atlanta. I'm doing a show there. It will be the middle of January before I can get a video of them.